Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iranians are renouncing Islam: Paranoid Mullah
[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/XLAy4ruCVAI&hl=en[/flash]
wow, they sure are burning up this post
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
You'd think this would get more response. Maybe it just speaks for itself. My Iranian friend showed me this video. He didn't convert to Zoroastrianism but left Shi'a Islam and all religion altogether. There are suburbs near Karaj (a city just west of Tehran) where the wealthy live that look just like East Grand Rapids where Sharia law doesn't apply. Pretty much in Iran if you're rich enough you can buy your freedom. My friend said you can do anything you want in these neighborhoods.

You have to remember that Islam is a foreign religion to Iran. It was imposed by the 1979 revolution, and is a marker of arab culture, not persian. For thousands of years most of Iran was Zoroastrian (a monotheistic religion as old as, if not older, than Judaism). Interest in the pre-Islamic Persia is growing among the younger generations.
Zoroastrianism?? I thought I'd heard of most every religion, but you got me, I've never heard of it. Was it founded by King Nebuchadnezzar? Or does it go back further too the Assyrian Empire?
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
You need to explain further what Zoroastrianism is.
Via Wikipedia:

Zoroastrianism is the religion and philosophy based on the teachings ascribed to the prophet Zoroaster (Zarathustra, Zartosht). Mazdaism is the religion that acknowledges the divine authority of Ahura Mazda, proclaimed by Zoroaster.

As demonstrated by Zoroastrianistic creed and articles of faith, the two terms are effectively synonymous. In a declaration of the creed
This is good, anything that pisses off the Mullah's makes me happy, this religion, however much gobilty gook it is, has to be better than extreem Islam.
Mad Dog Wrote:This is good, anything that pisses off the Mullah's makes me happy, this religion, however much gobilty gook it is, has to be better than extreem Islam.

Right you are. Cyrus the Great used the principles of Zoroastrianism when ruling Babylon and created the concept of freedom of speech/freedom of religion. This further influenced later Greek philosophers and ultimately the founding fathers. Zoroastrianism really has a bigger role in our country's history than most realize.