Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential Election 2008
I wanted to start a thead/poll that dosen't talk about politics in general, but just about the candidates. And be honest in who you are going to vote for, it'll be interesting to see.
What about undecided? Other i guess?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
So you don't want to talk about politics, but you do want to talk about the candidates?

I'm confused as to how to go about doing that.
Basically, he wanted another thread where people could throw shit at each other and call it a civilized debate.
No I just want this thread to stay more civilized. Talk about the pros and cons of each canidate withought it being so much about what party they're in
kaboobie92 Wrote:No I just want this thread to stay more civilized. Talk about the pros and cons of each canidate withought it being so much about what party they're in

I think that's a good idea. I just wonder if it's possible to actually have such a discussion. I'm willing, and have tried before, but it seems inevitably someone always gets bent out of shape and starts name-calling.

I would like a boiled down thread that only discusses the candidate's position on certain issues. Could be quite educational.
I agree. For one, I don't see how Barack can say he will reduce the deficit, but plans on creating more social programs. Thoughts?
kaboobie92 Wrote:I agree. For one, I don't see how Barack can say he will reduce the deficit, but plans on creating more social programs. Thoughts?

I guess I'd have to see where he would get the money to do so. Do you have a link of some sort?
I don't have a specific link, just basing it off of what i've heard in his campaign so far. But read this article, its very interesting. http://w3.newsmax.com/a/jun08/?s=al&promo_code=660D-1
kaboobie92 Wrote:I don't have a specific link, just basing it off of what i've heard in his campaign so far. But read this article, its very interesting. http://w3.newsmax.com/a/jun08/?s=al&promo_code=660D-1

Would you consider this an unbiased source?

Quote:The #1 conservative news agency online is Newsmax.com.

[quote]Even Britt
no, i would definately say its biased. It does show some good logic though
Obviously there are alot of pro death Bush loving nazis here, God I'm so embarressed to be on the same site, I'm deleting this account.
shaggytheclown17 Wrote:Obviously there are alot of pro death Bush loving nazis here, God I'm so embarressed to be on the same site, I'm deleting this account.

Good riddance.

I would think you would've had the common sense to do this long ago, considering how you've embarrassed yourself by verbally chastising our dead soldiers.

Have a nice life, loser.
Fistor Wrote:
shaggytheclown17 Wrote:Obviously there are alot of pro death Bush loving nazis here, God I'm so embarressed to be on the same site, I'm deleting this account.

Good riddance.

I would think you would've had the common sense to do this long ago, considering how you've embarrassed yourself by verbally chastising our dead soldiers.

Have a nice life, loser.

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...013&page=1
I like how I try to start a respectful thread where we can have some intelligent discussion and this ahole comes in... anyways. Fistor, biased source aside, what did you think of the content of the article?

*edit
"Ruddy, who serves as editor-in-chief, describes Newsmax.com as "the leading independent online news site with a conservative perspective" Obviously it has a conservative spin, but can still be an informative if used within context.
kaboobie92 Wrote:I like how I try to start a respectful thread where we can have some intelligent discussion and this ahole comes in... anyways. Fistor, biased source aside, what did you think of the content of the article?

*edit
"Ruddy, who serves as editor-in-chief, describes Newsmax.com as "the leading independent online news site with a conservative perspective" Obviously it has a conservative spin, but can still be an informative if used within context.

It links to an article I have to pay to see, which I'm not willing to do.

The figures the initial article may be accurate, but I'd like to confirm that with an unbiased source. If they aren't able to be confirmed, the entire premise is one big strawman.
agreed. I'll keep doing some research and see if I can verify any of it.
i have another site for you to look at. http://dontvoteobama.net/ssfm/lies.htm
I know it's obviously biased and there are no sources, but I have seen a lot of those claims supported with sources before, I'll keep looking
For you elrushbo...
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/64ad536a6d
Fistor Wrote:

Good riddance.

Have a nice life, loser.

It's hard to get a fix on you Fistor, we should get together and talk politics over a brew. Your facinating.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
wienerpoopie Wrote:For you elrushbo...
I thought this was pretty funny! She seems to have a more rational approach than a majority of politicians out there even though she obviously didn't come up with her "Energy Plan."
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Mad Dog Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Good riddance.

Have a nice life, loser.

It's hard to get a fix on you Fistor, we should get together and talk politics over a brew. Your facinating.

Not a real tough one to decipher here, mad dog. I bristled after shaggythedouche called our dead soldiers "buttholes", and then bristled even more when he re-phrased it to call all of our soldiers, dead or alive, buttholes.

No matter what your stance on the war is, that kind of rhetoric is never called for.
dino Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:For you elrushbo...
I thought this was pretty funny! She seems to have a more rational approach than a majority of politicians out there even though she obviously didn't come up with her "Energy Plan."

The plan she said was the EXACT same as Obama's.

Now how does that make you feel?
speedbump Wrote:
dino Wrote:I thought this was pretty funny! She seems to have a more rational approach than a majority of politicians out there even though she obviously didn't come up with her "Energy Plan."

The plan she said was the EXACT same as Obama's.

The only thing I've heard Obama talk about was support wind/solar etc. technology, no offshore/anwar/domestic drilling, take away oil company profits, mandatory CAFE standards and inflate your tires. I don't see anything exact about that.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:The plan she said was the EXACT same as Obama's.

The only thing I've heard Obama talk about was support wind/solar etc. technology, no offshore/anwar/domestic drilling, take away oil company profits, mandatory CAFE standards and inflate your tires. I don't see anything exact about that.

Wait, what? I don't get what you're saying. Obama supports drilling as a short term fix (I don't know if you're saying he does or doesn't) as long as there is also money put into developing alternative energy, and there are environmental controls on the drilling. He has said he wants a bipartisan solution.

I don't know if what I said is confirming what you said or not, your wording is confusing me.
McCain - he's got decades of experience, he's proposing suggestions beyond "inflate your tires" to try to fix the energy crisis, he's supportive of the troops, and he's not going to run from Iraq.

That said, I'm still not 100% on board with him - I just PREFER him over Obama. I'd have much rather seen Romney or Fred Thompson.
hotzester Wrote:McCain - he's got decades of experience, he's proposing suggestions beyond "inflate your tires" to try to fix the energy crisis, he's supportive of the troops, and he's not going to run from Iraq.

That said, I'm still not 100% on board with him - I just PREFER him over Obama. I'd have much rather seen Romney or Fred Thompson.

The criticism McCain's campaign has placed on Obama saying "inflate your tires" was completely out of context. An audience member in a town hall meeting asked obama "what can I do to save energy?" and he said "inflate your tires". How is that not valid? He has talked extensively about his energy plan, and I know attack ads are common, but why is McCain attacking Obama out of complete ignorance and downright lies?

I think it's laughable that McCain criticizes an energy saving tip that the Bush Administration, NASCAR, and Arnold Schwarzenegger(a supporter of McCain) all have promoted.
speedbump Wrote:
hotzester Wrote:McCain - he's got decades of experience, he's proposing suggestions beyond "inflate your tires" to try to fix the energy crisis, he's supportive of the troops, and he's not going to run from Iraq.

The criticism McCain's campaign has placed on Obama saying "inflate your tires" was completely out of context. An audience member in a town hall meeting asked obama "what can I do to save energy?" and he said "inflate your tires". How is that not valid? He has talked extensively about his energy plan, and I know attack ads are common, but why is McCain attacking Obama out of complete ignorance and downright lies?

I think it's laughable that McCain criticizes an energy saving tip that the Bush Administration, NASCAR, and Arnold Schwarzenegger(a supporter of McCain) all have promoted.

All I know is that this country elected Bush to a second term
It's not out of context, he's suggesting that the questioner inflate his tires. He went on to say that ALL Americans should inflate their tires and we'd save more oil than if we drilled domestically.

This is illogical, as it would mean we'd ALL have to be driving around on tires that aren't properly inflated. Yes, on an individual level, inflated tires will boost your fuel economy, however it is ridiculous to think that's the answer to the national problem.

I'll concede that Obama's wind/solar plans would definitely help, but so would McCain's drilling and nuclear suggestions. However, wind/solar doesn't produce nearly the amount of electricity as nuclear power, which is why it's not a huge success already.
hotzester Wrote:It's not out of context, he's suggesting that the questioner inflate his tires. He went on to say that ALL Americans should inflate their tires and we'd save more oil than if we drilled domestically.

This is illogical, as it would mean we'd ALL have to be driving around on tires that aren't properly inflated. Yes, on an individual level, inflated tires will boost your fuel economy, however it is ridiculous to think that's the answer to the national problem.

I'll concede that Obama's wind/solar plans would definitely help, but so would McCain's drilling and nuclear suggestions. However, wind/solar doesn't produce nearly the amount of electricity as nuclear power, which is why it's not a huge success already.

It isn't the answer to the nation's problem, I already told you that. Obama doesn't oppose nuclear power, he just wants controls on how the waste is disposed, re-used, and protected from the wrong hands, and he has introduced legislation to place these controls. He will support building more nuclear power plants, as long as they don't go unregulated.
I wish that Obama would agree to do a few town hall debates. He just wants to do the 3 standard debates. I'd like to know how both candidates would do with questions coming from Americans with real concerns instead of the standard questions that the candidates know before hand and just recite answers for questions they know were coming. I want to see if Obama can speak the truth and what he really thinks without a TelePrompter to read from.
hotsauce Wrote:I wish that Obama would agree to do a few town hall debates. He just wants to do the 3 standard debates. I'd like to know how both candidates would do with questions coming from Americans with real concerns instead of the standard questions that the candidates know before hand and just recite answers for questions they know were coming. I want to see if Obama can speak the truth and what he really thinks without a TelePrompter to read from.

As it turns out, McCain can't even speak the truth at town hall meetings.

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/4qRy4PnmNu8&hl=en[/flash]

http://www.iava.org/full-ratings-list

I made this easy for you.
speedbump Wrote:
hotsauce Wrote:I wish that Obama would agree to do a few town hall debates. He just wants to do the 3 standard debates. I'd like to know how both candidates would do with questions coming from Americans with real concerns instead of the standard questions that the candidates know before hand and just recite answers for questions they know were coming. I want to see if Obama can speak the truth and what he really thinks without a TelePrompter to read from.
That would be a lot more persuasive if it wasn't interrupted by that stupid C 'reporter'. We have no idea if that was played in sequence or not, and frankly, coming from the Olbermann show, I wouldn't be surprised if it was judiciously 'edited'.

As it turns out, McCain can't even speak the truth at town hall meetings.

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/4qRy4PnmNu8&hl=en[/flash]

http://www.iava.org/full-ratings-list

I made this easy for you.
what does that link prove? It's basically an anti-iraq and afghanistan website. It would be expected then that mccain has a lower rating than obama.
Where is Bob Barr on this poll?! He'll get more votes than Nader for sure.
I think this has already been done:

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...525&page=1
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Fistor Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:It's hard to get a fix on you Fistor, we should get together and talk politics over a brew. Your facinating.

Not a real tough one to decipher here, mad dog. I bristled after shaggythedouche called our dead soldiers "buttholes", and then bristled even more when he re-phrased it to call all of our soldiers, dead or alive, buttholes.

No matter what your stance on the war is, that kind of rhetoric is never called for.

You are so right on this one Fistor. The guy is a used douch bag.
Mabey he'll go hang himself.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
kaboobie92 Wrote:what does that link prove? It's basically an anti-iraq and afghanistan website. It would be expected then that mccain has a lower rating than obama.

If that helps you disillusion yourself then go ahead, but the fact that you can see he openly lied and still deny shows that you're not willing to have open debate on the subject.

The ratings are based on voting that supports the veterans, and McCains is piss poor for all the support he claims.
speedbump Wrote:

Barack Obama is right when he says "inflate your tires to save energy." Tires have to be inflated properly in order to reduce the amount pressure you put on your gas peddle. The less pressure on the gas peddle, the more gas you save. It's pretty simple when you think about it. In fact here's another tip on saving gas and energy: when you go down a hill in your car, take your foot off the peddles and let the engine's RPMs go down. You should never ride your brakes because it wastes energy. With this energy crisis, this should be common knowledge.

And talk about ignorant. Speedbump sounds very ignorant. Good job McCain supporter(s).

Oh I love the way hotzester thinks. Big Grin