Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quit bleeping the farking songs
I am so damned irritated with the radio stations bleeping out freaking songs. There should be a bleep limit. X number of bleeps and either the artist has to remix the song to get rid of bleep-ation, or they shouldn't play the stupid thing. I was listening to that stupid pop station (107.5) and that stupid Lollipop song was on and half of the damned thing was bleeped. Normally, I change it as I'm flipping, but I stopped and tried to count the number of bleeps as I sat in traffic on Briley Pkway, but I got so pissed I lost count. Net, net, the FCC can suck it.
When I was in Germany a few years ago I saw their version of Star Search. There was some seven year old boy on the show and he did an Eminem song, cutting loose with all the f-bombs and such. I must admit, that I found it to be quite entertaining and funny.
If they gotta bleep the F's then I like how they do it at WGRD. they will just leave a blank spot over the word with nothing or they leave the first letter and last letter of the word or they actually scramble the word, but you NEVER hear an actuall beep
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
potthole Wrote:When I was in Germany a few years ago I saw their version of Star Search. There was some seven year old boy on the show and he did an Eminem song, cutting loose with all the f-bombs and such. I must admit, that I found it to be quite entertaining and funny.

I'm not sure which is funnier - a seven year old German kid rapping an Eminem song (probably that gay song about the bitch in the trunk) or a seven year old German kid saying "Eff". I'll marinate on that thought and decide later.
Have you heard the new song I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry? Well the chorus goes "I kissed a girl and I liked it..." Well a friend of mine was in Malaysia this summer and the bleeped out "a girl" every time it came up.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:Have you heard the new song I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry? Well the chorus goes "I kissed a girl and I liked it..." Well a friend of mine was in Malaysia this summer and the bleeped out "a girl" every time it came up.

Malaysia has a huge Muslim population.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Mad Dog Wrote:If they gotta bleep the F's then I like how they do it at WGRD. they will just leave a blank spot over the word with nothing or they leave the first letter and last letter of the word or they actually scramble the word, but you NEVER hear an actuall beep

don't they do that during production? like create a radio friendly version in studio?

hell if i know
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Allyson Wrote:Have you heard the new song I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry? Well the chorus goes "I kissed a girl and I liked it..." Well a friend of mine was in Malaysia this summer and the bleeped out "a girl" every time it came up.

i was hoping they were bleeping 'kissed'...that would be more entertaining
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:

i was hoping they were bleeping 'kissed'...that would be more entertaining
There's a video online where The Count from Sesame Street is singing "I count myself", and the word 'count' is bleeped out. Pretty funny, wish I could find it again. I think this may be it, but I can't actually view Ebaum at work.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/174750/
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:If they gotta bleep the F's then I like how they do it at WGRD. they will just leave a blank spot over the word with nothing or they leave the first letter and last letter of the word or they actually scramble the word, but you NEVER hear an actuall beep

don't they do that during production? like create a radio friendly version in studio?

Yes.

Also, I love the "radio friendly" songs in which the curse words are edited so that they play backwards. Sounds great. Doesn't ruin the flow of the song at all. Not only do the words sound terrible, the beat of the song is reversed for that split second as well, which is maddening to listen to, especially when one of your favorite songs has been slaughtered in this manner.

There is no finer example of this then the "radio friendly" version of Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name", in which Zack De La Rocha screams at us "KCUF YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!!" 16 times at the end of the song. Then he finishes it off with a rousing "MOTHAHKCUFFFFAH!!!@#"

Great song, utterly ruined by the inexplicable need to play it on the radio. Of all the incredible songs on that album, they chose to put a song containing 17 F bombs on the radio. Complete and utter stupidity.
zanessweater Wrote:I am so damned irritated with the radio stations bleeping out freaking songs. There should be a bleep limit. X number of bleeps and either the artist has to remix the song to get rid of bleep-ation, or they shouldn't play the stupid thing. I was listening to that stupid pop station (107.5) and that stupid Lollipop song was on and half of the damned thing was bleeped. Normally, I change it as I'm flipping, but I stopped and tried to count the number of bleeps as I sat in traffic on Briley Pkway, but I got so pissed I lost count. Net, net, the FCC can suck it.

I don't understand why 107.5 bleeps out so many words in Nickleback's Rock Star. Like "everybody's got a "bleep" on speed dial." They are effin bleeping out "drug dealer" . . . what the hell? I do NOT get that crap. They just mess up too many songs! But now I listen to 102.9 The Buzz (the best station in town!!) I get to hear the entire song . . . yes the ENTIRE song. Go on with your bad self Dagwood!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Fistor Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:don't they do that during production? like create a radio friendly version in studio?

Yes.

Also, I love the "radio friendly" songs in which the curse words are edited so that they play backwards. Sounds great. Doesn't ruin the flow of the song at all. Not only do the words sound terrible, the beat of the song is reversed for that split second as well, which is maddening to listen to, especially when one of your favorite songs has been slaughtered in this manner.

There is no finer example of this then the "radio friendly" version of Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name", in which Zack De La Rocha screams at us "KCUF YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!!" 16 times at the end of the song. Then he finishes it off with a rousing "MOTHAHKCUFFFFAH!!!@#"

Great song, utterly ruined by the inexplicable need to play it on the radio. Of all the incredible songs on that album, they chose to put a song containing 17 F bombs on the radio. Complete and utter stupidity.

totally agree!
Quote:I don't understand why 107.5 bleeps out so many words in Nickleback's Rock Star. Like "everybody's got a "bleep" on speed dial." They are effin bleeping out "drug dealer" . . . what the hell? I do NOT get that crap. They just mess up too many songs! But now I listen to 102.9 The Buzz (the best station in town!!) I get to hear the entire song . . . yes the ENTIRE song. Go on with your bad self Dagwood!!
They'd be better off just bleeping the whole song.
The problem is that there are people who will complain about almost anything they find "objectionable". The result is overcautious decisions being made. I can't say that I blame them.
hotzester Wrote:The problem is that there are people who will complain about almost anything they find "objectionable". The result is overcautious decisions being made. I can't say that I blame them.

I agree, but certain bands have no business releasing songs that are laced with F bombs, knowing that each and every one of them will have to be edited.

Also, I'm not sure how overly cautious they're being, given the radio popularity of "Crazy Bitch" and the song that describes in detail the lead singer getting oral sex from a girl.
dasbow Wrote:
Quote:I don't understand why 107.5 bleeps out so many words in Nickleback's Rock Star. Like "everybody's got a "bleep" on speed dial." They are effin bleeping out "drug dealer" . . . what the hell? I do NOT get that crap. They just mess up too many songs! But now I listen to 102.9 The Buzz (the best station in town!!) I get to hear the entire song . . . yes the ENTIRE song. Go on with your bad self Dagwood!!
They'd be better off just bleeping the whole song.

Yea that chaps my ass when the stations bleep out drug. that is the dumbest thing that i ever heard in my life of hearing bleepations. i laughed for about 20 mins when i heard it. but that is when you go broke buying an ipod adaptor for your car and blare the radio when a soccor mom drives by! (that was just an example, i'm not dissing the soccor moms in any way, don't give me crap about it.)
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
Quote:I agree, but certain bands have no business releasing songs that are laced with F bombs, knowing that each and every one of them will have to be edited.

Also, I'm not sure how overly cautious they're being, given the radio popularity of "Crazy Bitch" and the song that describes in detail the lead singer getting oral sex from a girl.

On the first point, that's the problem - you say they "have no business releasing" a song, but other people don't have a problem with it. That's the flaw in the system as it is currently set up.

As for the stations being overly cautious on "Crazy Bitch' - Until you've listened to EVERY radio station in America, and heard each of those stations playing that song, you can't really use it as an honest assessment. Some stations may bleep the piss out of it, others might let a little more slide. There's no solid rule. It's just a judgment call.

I know that here in Albany, the "drug dealers on speed dial" line seemed to evolve. When the song was first released, you heard it all. Then it disappeared, and now it's there again.
or one funny thing i noticed whenever someone on tv or radio says something like a**-hole or god d*** its always bleeped as ass -bleep or bleep - damnit. i find it funny how they leave the actuall curse word in but cut out the addition to it. not that it bothers me i watch comedy centrals secret stash, sons of anarchy and sunny in philadelphia and personaly like how its unedited. i wouldn't be able to stand watching katt wiliams any other way.
Is the first season of the Osbournes as funny without the bleeps?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
All i'm going to add is i like how that the first amendment grants free speech, and people yell about it all the time, yet we have a government based, tax funded organization named the FCC whose purpose is to make sure people can't say whatever they want. Awesome.
Suffer the little children. Just about the only reason why anything in America gets censored is because of the sensitive ears of little kids.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:Suffer the little children. Just about the only reason why anything in America gets censored is because of the sensitive ears of little kids.

Yeah so the kid hears the F word at age 4 instead of 6 when he starts school. That's totally worth it let me tell you.
Admin Wrote:Is the first season of the Osbournes as funny without the bleeps?

i could be, but who knows?
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ