Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated Movies
boizalynne Wrote:Bad Santa

One of the greatest holiday movies of all time, followed by Christmas Vacation.
your momma Wrote:

No Elf in that group? Or A Christmas Story?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
your momma Wrote:One of the greatest holiday movies of all time, followed by Christmas Vacation.

No Elf in that group? Or A Christmas Story?

I didn't know we were making a holiday list...sorry.
your momma Wrote:

I like this movie and it made me laugh a lot, but do you really watch it at Christmas time ? I think it's a little too R rated to be a warm and touchy holiday movie. I agree however that Christmas Vacation is one of those annual tradition movies.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
your momma Wrote:One of the greatest holiday movies of all time, followed by Christmas Vacation.

I like this movie and it made me laugh a lot, but do you really watch it at Christmas time ? I think it's a little too R rated to be a warm and touchy holiday movie. I agree however that Christmas Vacation is one of those annual tradition movies.

Yeah, I let my 6 year old watch Bad Santa..her favorite line is 'you won't shit right for a week.'

Of course I don't let the kids watch that! That's a movie I can watch year round, not just at the holidays! Not every holiday movie has to be for children.
The Monster Squad
Doktor Wrote:The Monster Squad

100% pure effing classic.

best line ever in that movie "WOLFMAN HAS NARDS!!!!!"

for once alex i will be forced to give you a +1 for that movie.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Radical.

EDIT: I also recommend a movie called Sukiyaki Western DJango. It's a Japanese parody of spaghetti westerns, including Japanese actors speaking in badly accented western cliches like "u gon sit there or u gon whistle Dixie"
boizalynne Wrote:
Admin Wrote:UHF
LOL!!!
"Nothing! Absolutely nothing! STUPID! You're so STUPIIIID!"

OMG ! A hot chick who can quote UHF ? I think I'm in love.
Wowie Groovie !
The golden compass
The Island.

Gattica.
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
bwn7 Wrote:The Island.

Gattica.

I never had an interest in seeing the islan, but gattica was kind of dull to me.
The Beach, I love that movie, I can watch it anytime. And that french girl ? Yowza.
Wowie Groovie !
Philly Mike Wrote:
bwn7 Wrote:The Island.

Gattica.

I never had an interest in seeing the islan, but gattica was kind of dull to me.

The Island is better than you'd ever expect because nobody talked about it. Good cast, good plot, and Scarlett Johansen. *drool*
I keep forgetting to finish watching Gattaca, saw a clip of it in Psyche class once.
Titan ! Wrote:The Beach, I love that movie, I can watch it anytime. And that french girl ? Yowza.

Don't lie, you know you watch it for Leo. Wink
potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:The Beach, I love that movie, I can watch it anytime. And that french girl ? Yowza.

Uncle Leo was in The Beach?

[Image: uncle_leo.jpg]
potthole Wrote:

It is my favorite Leo movie.
Wowie Groovie !
bwn7 Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Don't lie, you know you watch it for Leo. Wink

Uncle Leo was in The Beach?

[Image: uncle_leo.jpg]

[Uncle Leo drop]Helloooooooooo!?!?!?!?[/Uncle Leo Drop]
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Titan ! Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Don't lie, you know you watch it for Leo. Wink

It is my favorite Leo movie.

I refuse to call him Leo, mostly because I like girls, but my favorite DiCaprio movie is The Departed, followed closely by Catch me if you Can.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:It is my favorite Leo movie.

I refuse to call him Leo, mostly because I like girls, but my favorite DiCaprio movie is The Departed, followed closely by Catch me if you Can.

Blood Diamond is really good too.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:I refuse to call him Leo, mostly because I like girls, but my favorite DiCaprio movie is The Departed, followed closely by Catch me if you Can.

Blood Diamond is really good too.

Also a good one, in my top 5 DiCaprio movies.
Serenity, I liked it so I then rented the Firefly series (which is what the movie is about) If you like sci-fi its cool.
sunshyne Wrote:Serenity, I liked it so I then rented the Firefly series (which is what the movie is about) If you like sci-fi its cool.

I've been meaning to check these out. I've heard a lot of good stuff about them.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
yep, really good, I'd watch the series first though, the movie is sort of like a grand finale
Rock Monster Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:It is my favorite Leo movie.

I just call him that because I can't usually think of how to spell his last name.

Not... that... I talkabouthimallthatoften.... :'(
sunshyne Wrote:Serenity, I liked it so I then rented the Firefly series (which is what the movie is about) If you like sci-fi its cool.

It's something of a sci fi western. I remember the guys making fun of it on the show once a few years back.

I wonder how the whole reavers thing would have been resolved if Joss Whedon had been given a few more seasons to create. I think it probably would have been about the same just with a longer trip to the end.
Wowie Groovie !
potthole Wrote:I just call him that because I can't usually think of how to spell his last name.

Is your Google broke... at least if you want to be anal about the spelling....
Philly Mike Wrote:
potthole Wrote:I just call him that because I can't usually think of how to spell his last name.

Is your Google broke... at least if you want to be anal about the spelling....

Potty is definetly anal about Leo, just not his name.
Wowie Groovie !