Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite TV Show
a great show that was only on for a little while but still my favorite is Firefly. you can see all of the episodes on Hulu.
Futurama anyone?

I love it because it has awesome/stupid lines with Fry's stupidity rivaling [?] Homer Simpson's or Peter Griffin's. Plus, it was pretty action-packed, asthetically pleasing to look at, and had some great plots (even if some were ripped-off).

However, even though it was a really silly show, it could get deep, and throughout the series, you find yourself rooting for Fry to win Leela's heart.
Some episode's were very emotional, including one brilliant one ("Luck of the Fryrish") that makes me well-up every time I see it.

Leela: Fry, we have a crate to deliver.
Fry: Well, let's just dump it in the sewer and say we delivered it.
Bender: Too much work. Let's burn it and say we dumped it in the sewer.
Leela: OK, if everyone's finished being stupid
Arrested Development
Californication
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Weeds, Dirty Jobs, Cold Case Files
[quote="Moobs Minger"]Futurama anyone?

I love it because it has awesome/stupid lines with Fry's stupidity rivaling [?] Homer Simpson's or Peter Griffin's. Plus, it was pretty action-packed, asthetically pleasing to look at, and had some great plots (even if some were ripped-off).

However, even though it was a really silly show, it could get deep, and throughout the series, you find yourself rooting for Fry to win Leela's heart.
Some episode's were very emotional, including one brilliant one ("Luck of the Fryrish") that makes me well-up every time I see it.

Leela: Fry, we have a crate to deliver.
Fry: Well, let's just dump it in the sewer and say we delivered it.
Bender: Too much work. Let's burn it and say we dumped it in the sewer.
Leela: OK, if everyone's finished being stupid
"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is certainly the best show on TV.
Easily Dexter is my favorite TV show of all time. I have never been so intrigued for 2 plus years every Sunday in my life. Especially being a Lions fan.

Honorable Mentions:

Ghost Hunters
X-Files
Doctor Who
Heroes
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Family Guy

Billie Piper is the hottest chick I've ever seen:

[Image: billie1.jpg]
I love Heroes, can't stop watching it. But you do have to see it from the start or you will be lost. Everything else is comedies...My Name Is Earl, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The Office...Thank God for DVR's or I would be missing out.
tommy1150 Wrote:
Jo Wrote:Heroes is the best.

Becky, do you say this because you look just like Clair Bennett

certainly, certainly. me looking like that chick is the one and only reason i like that show, i can't get enough of seeing myself. makes all the sense in the world.

only, i'm not short and stumpy and jailbait-looking.

you dope.
Chuck and Sons of Anarchy are the only 2 shows I watch without missing an episode. When Lost comes back on I'd add that to my list.
Of all time? It'd be a lengthy list, but here's a start:

Ed (NBC, 2000-2004)
October Road (ABC 2007-2008)
Lost
Big Bang Theory
Mythbusters
The Office
30 Rock
Ghost Hunters
Moobs Minger Wrote:Futurama anyone?

Greatest television show there ever was, is, and ever will be. Nothing is even a close second.
Heroes; House; Dexter; Battlestar Galactica(c'mon January!!)

I'm actually disappointed in this season of Heroes. You can tell they lost two writers. They way overdid it with all the new characters and I just don't get into it like I did before..
Gotta add a few that I forgot to mention yesterday:

-Third Watch
-Dirty Jobs
-Law and Order (the "original")
-The Mentalist (new on CBS - highly recommended)
I forgot to mention how much I enjoy the Trauma and Code Blue shows on the Discovery Health Channel. I can watch that but gag like crazy when one of my kids gets sick.
Another fave: Rescue Me
i've really been getting into The First 48 on A&E. the whole process of solving murders amazes me.
I pretty much like anything on Discovery, The History Channel, A&E, etc...The First 48 is AWESOME. Equally as good, but in different ways, is "Rookies" which is on Tuesday nights at 10, I believe on A&E.
hotzester Wrote:I pretty much like anything on Discovery, The History Channel, A&E, etc...The First 48 is AWESOME. Equally as good, but in different ways, is "Rookies" which is on Tuesday nights at 10, I believe on A&E.

TF48 and Rookies are on my dvr right now waiting for me to press play.
The 10:30 episode of Rookies last night was quite good...some really brilliant noob cop-work.
hotzester Wrote:Gotta add a few that I forgot to mention yesterday:

-Third Watch
-Dirty Jobs
-Law and Order (the "original")
-The Mentalist (new on CBS - highly recommended)

We watched The Mentalist last night for the first time. It was pretty good. Humor mixed with drama is always a hit in my book. We also watched the season premier of Law & Order SVU. It was awesome. I can't wait to see Criminal Intent tonight. I could lay in bed all day on a Sunday and watch back-to-back episodes of that show!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
hotzester Wrote:The 10:30 episode of Rookies last night was quite good...some really brilliant noob cop-work.

guy who lost the weed and car? the commercial for that cracked me up, i'm looking forward to finishing this paper i'm writing and watching the show.
Jo Wrote:i've really been getting into The First 48 on A&E. the whole process of solving murders amazes me.

I used to strictly watch A & E. They have a lot of great shows. The First 48 was also one of my favorites. I always wanted to be a detective, I just didn't want to go through the police academy and work my way up. But in lieu thereof, I have fun solving the murders on Law & Order!!
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
There's the guy who lost the weed, but also a chick who has issues of her own. My all time favorite scene, though, was the idiot who opened the door to his cruiser and got the door damn near taken off because a car was coming.
It was the Office for a while, but lately it's been pretty lackluster in the humor department. I'm slowly being converted to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
I absolutely LOVE the Office. One of the best shows I have ever watch. My Name is Earl is also a favorite. Joy is my favorite character hands down!!

[Joy drop]I can't have a c-section. That on top of my other scar would make a crucifix right above my landing strip and I just can't have that![Joy drop]
24 is back on my list. last season it was on at the same time as Heroes so i skipped it but last nights 2 hour "movie" got me hooked all over again.
Jo Wrote:24 is back on my list. last season it was on at the same time as Heroes so i skipped it but last nights 2 hour "movie" got me hooked all over again.
24 kicks ass
I started watching it when I was sick over a thanksgiving weekend and watched all of season 2 on dvd in a few days. I've been hooked ever since. Last nights warm up was pretty awesome. I can't believe Tony Almeida! :o
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Anyone know when Lost starts back up? I think it's in January, but not sure, and too lazy to look.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
when Jack killed that guy with just his leg...."holy shit!" moment. gave it the season record right then and there.
Rock Monster Wrote:Anyone know when Lost starts back up? I think it's in January, but not sure, and too lazy to look.

Season premier is January 21, 2009 at 8/7c on ABC.
Queenie Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Anyone know when Lost starts back up? I think it's in January, but not sure, and too lazy to look.

Season premier is January 21, 2009 at 8/7c on ABC.

Thank you... only 57 more days to go!! Tongue
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Jo Wrote:i've really been getting into The First 48 on A&E. the whole process of solving murders amazes me.

We like that show too. I find it fascinating to know that they can separate themselves emotionally from it all.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
The Office is #1. I LOVE Gangland on the History channel, Dirty Jobs, Family Guy and South Park round out my favs....