Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappy Website
Wow potthole is the worst mod I have ever seen. I had a good poll about the website at

http://fbhw.proboards83.com/index.cgi?bo...&thread=98

and he locks it. 100% of the people thought it needed to be updated.
Mike Double U Wrote:Wow potthole is the worst mod I have ever seen. I had a good poll about the website at

http://fbhw.proboards83.com/index.cgi?bo...&thread=98

and he locks it. 100% of the people thought it needed to be updated.

Either that or you're the worst reader I have ever seen. There were multiple threads about the official FBHW website. All the rhetoric within them was the same- people saying things need to be updated and changed. Your poll didn't prove anything new, which a reader could deduce with just a few quick glances at posts in all the other similar threads.

Rather than have half a dozen threads on the same topic and subject, I directed traffic into one centralized location. So, I closed your thread. Boo-hoo.
So you moved it off of the main forum (where most people post) into another forum (where less people post). Wow. Worst mod ever.
Mike Double U Wrote:So you moved it off of the main forum (where most people post) into another forum (where less people post). Wow. Worst mod ever.

Sorry Bro, but as much as I dislike Mods interefering with posts and the free exchange of speech, ideas, and information, I have to agree that this one was necessary. Since this board is brand new there were about 49 separate posts regarding the FB&HW website, folding them all into one isn't a bad idea.

Maybe the mods can incorporate the poll into this one ?
Wowie Groovie !
I hate listening to the mywebtown ad every day on the podcasts. Dean needs kicked in the sac.
Mike Double U Wrote:So you moved it off of the main forum (where most people post) into another forum (where less people post). Wow. Worst mod ever.

If you don't like the modding, you aren't required to hang around here.
:o The FREE BEER AND HOT WINGS website sucks, needs updated, looks plain are the opinions that I have read all through this thread. I think that it's an ok site. Of course the other trail of thinking could be that if all those comments are true then I would reply thusly; "Better to have a crappy web site and good show than a good web site and a crappy show." What do ya think about that? It's f'ing beautiful. Yea - I have to do it again somewhere. 8-)
What happend to "idiot of the day"?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:What happend to "idiot of the day"?

They all registered here. :Smile
It just needs a new flux capacitor
PhanTom Wrote:Better to have a crappy web site and good show than a good web site and a crappy show.

No doubt, but it doesn't take much to have an 'ok' website. Theirs is a long ways from 'ok.'

It sucks monkey nuts.
Chris Wrote:I think MyTown is stuck in 1992. I built websites better than that when I was 15. I would love to see the backend they use to manage the site. I bet they pay an insane amount for it too.

Well, it's done in classic ASP, which is literally a 10 year old technology.
Yeah, I definitely agree a new website is in order. The worst is when they started posting thumbnails on the main page which may or may not make sense for what the link points to. At the very least put links in links, audio in audio and so forth. But yah, the whole site is miserable to navigate and I also love Firefox, so even worse with that. I'm sure the excuse is that there has to be a way for the guys to upload stuff without much technical knowledge, but that can still be done with some good css and such to make the page itself non-suckage on the back end.

Another gripe about technology for me is when I hear the "start navigation" clicky sound when they are on a page and it auto redirects or something. It's heard over the air and I think I still heard it somewhat recently, even though I e-mailed the hotmail address a couple years ago on how to disable that sound Undecided It's the main studio computer because I've heard it on other on air shows for WGRD too. If it's locked down with a GPO so they can't change it, then their IT staff needs to get in there and fix it, stat!

And if not, Zane or whomever - Start, run, mmsys.cpl, hit [enter], click on sounds tab and preferably choose "No Sounds" scheme because let's face it the warning box ding when something fails to load etc is annoying too (asterisk, critical stop, exclamation), but at the very least scroll down to the Windows Explorer section and then click on "Start Navigation" and select none from the drop down list, click ok, and then my sanity will be saved.
They definitely need a new website. I would calls theirs bare minimum almost.

And they stopped using their YouTube channel. It hasn't been updated in like 5 months.
still beats boob and tom
I like how all the captions for the pictures now refer to Phelps

Zanes black eye -

We noticed that Michael Phelps looks like fugly former NBA player Gheorghe Mure