Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I voted!
in and out with no problems........(that's what she said)
I didn't have to show ID either......curious.....
I've never had to show ID.
That's what she said.
You are not required to show id when you vote. You need to show id when you register.
Michigan requires voters to show identification. It's new this year and, unbelievably, people cried out against it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Michigan requires voters to show identification. It's new this year and, unbelievably, people cried out against it.
I was gonna say, I had to show ID....

It was new this year, I had not even thought of that...
I showed my ID, whether they asked, I can't recall. It had been so long since I voted at an actual voting site. I had done absentee ballots while I was in college
sunshyne Wrote:Dammit, why didn't you post that earlier, there's a chik-fil-a in the building i work in Sad its closed now

There's a Chik Fil A in the building? That's convenient. What building do you work in? The only one I know of around here is in the Cool Springs Mall.

BUT don't get too down about it. I went to the CFA and they said that it wasn't true. They said that someone posted it in the newspaper, but they weren't going to honor it.

I got my free Starbucks though!
Admin Wrote:Michigan requires voters to show identification. It's new this year and, unbelievably, people cried out against it.

What shocked me was that in my polling place, there were signs ALL OVER saying you needed to have your ID, and yet still there were people who didn't have them, and would seem irritated when they were told they'd need to have their ID to proceed with voting.
What shocked me was the fact that this wasn't the first election in Michigan that required voters to show ID. I want to say it went into effect in April, but I don't remember. It wasn't like you COULDN'T vote if you didn't have ID, all you had to do was sign an affidavit that you didn't have an ID, and they'd pass you a ballot.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
If you don't show any ID, how can they know that you are who you say you are? We have always had to show ID to vote in TN, and they like for you to have your voter's registration card.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:If you don't show any ID, how can they know that you are who you say you are? We have always had to show ID to vote in TN, and they like for you to have your voter's registration card.

how else will they get more votes for individuals then regisered voters in the area?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:If you don't show any ID, how can they know that you are who you say you are? We have always had to show ID to vote in TN, and they like for you to have your voter's registration card.

how else will they get more votes for individuals then regisered voters in the area?

I laughed at the fact that 101% of the precincts reported. Undecided

I've never had to show my voter's ID, even the first time I voted.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:

I've never had to show my voter's ID, even the first time I voted.

I never do either, I just said they like for you to have it. Ask Plungee about the little old ladies hollering at him . . . Big Grin
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
0rz0ski Wrote:I've never had to show my voter's ID, even the first time I voted.

I never do either, I just said they like for you to have it. Ask Plungee about the little old ladies hollering at him . . . Big Grin

Ahh...see, sometimes it pays to read the post before firing off a response....

Plunger! I am interested in your stories! Please do share Smile

Not totally true. You can show your voter's registration card and no ID if you please. That's all I (and most poeple in line) had to do. Of course if you consider your voter's card a form of ID, then I retract this statement altogether.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:

Not totally true. You can show your voter's registration card and no ID if you please. That's all I (and most poeple in line) had to do. Of course if you consider your voter's card a form of ID, then I retract this statement altogether.

Retraction accepted!
Queenie Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Not totally true. You can show your voter's registration card and no ID if you please. That's all I (and most poeple in line) had to do. Of course if you consider your voter's card a form of ID, then I retract this statement altogether.

Retraction accepted!

Smile
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:Dammit, why didn't you post that earlier, there's a chik-fil-a in the building i work in Sad its closed now

There's a Chik Fil A in the building? That's convenient. What building do you work in? The only one I know of around here is in the Cool Springs Mall.

BUT don't get too down about it. I went to the CFA and they said that it wasn't true. They said that someone posted it in the newspaper, but they weren't going to honor it.

AT&T Building in DT Nash.
sunshyne Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:There's a Chik Fil A in the building? That's convenient. What building do you work in? The only one I know of around here is in the Cool Springs Mall.

AT&T Building in DT Nash.

Sunshyne, i'm only 4 or 5 blocks away from you. We'll have to meet for lunch one day.
absotively!
Queenie Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:AT&T Building in DT Nash.

Sunshyne, i'm only 4 or 5 blocks away from you. We'll have to meet for lunch one day.

You'll have to get a leash for the boss. Big Grin
Queenie Wrote:

I didn't know there was a CFA in that building. Crazy. My aunt used to live there, but then she wsa relocated to Louisville and then Atlanta.

I used to be down that way all them time. My ex works in the offices above the Renaissance. I work up towards the Vanderbilt area.

I don't envy you Queenie and Sunshyne. I hate the parking situation down there even if you have your own personal parking garage.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:I don't envy you Queenie and Sunshyne. I hate the parking situation down there even if you have your own personal parking garage.

How about your own chauffeur? Plungee drops me off and picks me up 4 out of 5 days every week!! Tongue
airhornahole Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Sunshyne, i'm only 4 or 5 blocks away from you. We'll have to meet for lunch one day.

You'll have to get a leash for the boss. Big Grin

Ain't that the truth. :-[
Queenie Wrote:

WE can get Mark the Valet to pick US up in a "borrowed car", run up a big tab and then skip out!
Queenie Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:I don't envy you Queenie and Sunshyne. I hate the parking situation down there even if you have your own personal parking garage.

How about your own chauffeur? Plungee drops me off and picks me up 4 out of 5 days every week!! Tongue

Sweet! Yeah, that might make up for it!

I had one of those before my last relationship ended. We traded up though so we could save gas and mileage put on our cars.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:How about your own chauffeur? Plungee drops me off and picks me up 4 out of 5 days every week!! Tongue

Sweet! Yeah, that might make up for it!

I had one of those before my last relationship ended. We traded up though so we could save gas and mileage put on our cars.

we pretty much "told" our bosses we were riding together. Didn't make sense to put 80 miles a day on 2 cars
I have my own personal parking garage Smile
sunshyne Wrote:I have my own personal parking garage Smile

I do too, but downtown garages tend to be very ummmm....how you say.....suck assish????
what sucks most about your garage?
sunshyne Wrote:what sucks most about your garage?

What do you drive? We may have already "waved" to each other on I-65.
jus' P Wrote:

I wouldn't consider that waving dear.

No, my garage is great. I'm saying that most garages downtown suck because of the tight corners and what not. I work just out of the CBD, so we aren't as compact as the downtown area.

The public parking garages are wretched though because of the smell on Monday mornings. So many people pee in garages over the weekend, and it gives the garage a very bad smell.
jus' P Wrote:

I've been coming down I-65 a lot lately from Vietnam Vets/ Conference Dr area. I've been staying out that way a lil bit lately. Are you talking about the north side of town?

I know you weren't talking to me, but I know you're in a white mustang right? I'm either in a black 99 Honda Accord with aftermarket black projector headlights (not gangsta) or in a white 99 Acura RL.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:The public parking garages are wretched though because of the smell on Monday mornings. So many people pee in garages over the weekend, and it gives the garage a very bad smell.

. . . and the elevators and the stairwells . . .
Queenie Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:The public parking garages are wretched though because of the smell on Monday mornings. So many people pee in garages over the weekend, and it gives the garage a very bad smell.

. . . and the elevators and the stairwells . . .

Exactamundo!
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:What do you drive? We may have already "waved" to each other on I-65.

I've been coming down I-65 a lot lately from Vietnam Vets/ Conference Dr area. I've been staying out that way a lil bit lately. Are you talking about the north side of town?

I know you weren't talking to me, but I know you're in a white mustang right? I'm either in a black 99 Honda Accord with aftermarket black projector headlights (not gangsta) or in a white 99 Acura RL.

We are usually in an 03 malibu (grey) and go from Ridgetop to Spring St. ( or Dickerson Rd if traffic's stopped ). I am trying to keep the Mustang miles ( and speeding tickets) down.