Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank You Troops
On my wedding night, my new wife and I were checking into the Amway (nice hotel in downtown GR, for those of you not in the area). As we were at the desk checking in, both with our wedding attire on still, a man in military fatigues (I want to say Marines or Army... I know he wasn't wearing Navy or Air Force) came walking over. He extended his hand, telling us he just wanted to say congrats on getting married.

I was a little stunned, not really sure what to say for a moment. A soldier, coming over to shake my hand? Once I had a moment to soak everything in, I responded, telling him that it was me who should be coming and shaking his hand, thanking him for his service.
Fistor Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Spent 3 years as a medic in an armour battalion in Mainz, Germany.

When was this?
Cool. I was at Ramstein from 86-88. Went to Mainz for Fastnacht and passed out in a phone booth. From what I remember I had a great time.
dasbow Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:When was this?
Cool. I was at Ramstein from 86-88. Went to Mainz for Fastnacht and passed out in a phone booth. From what I remember I had a great time.

I was there 87-90 at Lee Barracks. The beer was awesome. Doesn't quite taste the same here :'(
jus' P Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:Cool. I was at Ramstein from 86-88. Went to Mainz for Fastnacht and passed out in a phone booth. From what I remember I had a great time.

I was there 87-90 at Lee Barracks. The beer was awesome. Doesn't quite taste the same here :'(
What I loved was all the freakin' concerts. I saw just about everybody I would have wanted to. Judas Priest at Ludwigshaven in front of only 5000 people, Monsters of Rock with 70,000 Germans screaming their heads off for The Scorpions. There was always someone playing within driving distance.
anyone seen the Semper Fi documentary on Showtime?? Its about a homosexual Marine in Iraq. It's interesting stuff
I watched the first part of Generation Kill on HBO, that
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
[quote="wienerpoopie"]I watched the first part of Generation Kill on HBO, that
[quote="Peachs"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]I watched the first part of Generation Kill on HBO, that
Peachs Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:SHIZ! I missed it, I'll have to see if theyre going to re air it....

even more shiz.. We don't have HBO... only the other channels... Sad

even MORE shiz.....you don't have a TV.....
Peachs Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:SHIZ! I missed it, I'll have to see if theyre going to re air it....

even more shiz.. We don't have HBO... only the other channels... Sad

Its only seven parts, you should be able to rent some of them this winter I would think ???
but but but.. I wanna see it nowwwwwww
dasbow Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:I was there 87-90 at Lee Barracks. The beer was awesome. Doesn't quite taste the same here :'(
What I loved was all the freakin' concerts. I saw just about everybody I would have wanted to. Judas Priest at Ludwigshaven in front of only 5000 people, Monsters of Rock with 70,000 Germans screaming their heads off for The Scorpions. There was always someone playing within driving distance.

Hell yeah cuz!! Seen Ac/Dc and Pink Floyd in Frankfurt. Had a blast in country.
Fistor Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:even more shiz.. We don't have HBO... only the other channels... Sad

even MORE shiz.....you don't have a TV.....

I've got a tv... a very nice one
Peachs Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:even MORE shiz.....you don't have a TV.....

I've got a tv... a very nice one

oh yeah? I have a 20 inch black and white!!!LOL After my 3 yr old took a water-spray bottle and loaded up the VHS slot(it was one of those combo tv/vcr/chs), and shorted out the whole deal. Then my 6 year old Sharpied the Kids computer moniter, I have resolved to the fact I won't EVER have anything nice. Yes, I also have crayon colored walls.
jus' P Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:I've got a tv... a very nice one

oh yeah? I have a 20 inch black and white!!!LOL After my 3 yr old took a water-spray bottle and loaded up the VHS slot(it was one of those combo tv/vcr/chs), and shorted out the whole deal. Then my 6 year old Sharpied the Kids computer moniter, I have resolved to the fact I won't EVER have anything nice. Yes, I also have crayon colored walls.

HAHA, those little rascals
Aaaaanyways, getting this thread back on topic, CVS was having a sale on those little portable clip-on personal fans so I got a bunch of those and they are going out in a care package to Afghanistan today :-)
That's what she said.
jus' P Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:What I loved was all the freakin' concerts. I saw just about everybody I would have wanted to. Judas Priest at Ludwigshaven in front of only 5000 people, Monsters of Rock with 70,000 Germans screaming their heads off for The Scorpions. There was always someone playing within driving distance.

Hell yeah cuz!! Seen Ac/Dc and Pink Floyd in Frankfurt. Had a blast in country.
Did you see AC/DC at the Festhalle with Dokken? That was my birthday present to myself. That, and the Ted Nugent/Krokus show the night before at the Eberthalle in Ludwigshaven.
Allyson Wrote:Aaaaanyways, getting this thread back on topic, CVS was having a sale on those little portable clip-on personal fans so I got a bunch of those and they are going out in a care package to Afghanistan today :-)

*exalt*
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Aaaaanyways, getting this thread back on topic, CVS was having a sale on those little portable clip-on personal fans so I got a bunch of those and they are going out in a care package to Afghanistan today :-)

*exalt*

please excuse 2 vets for reliving the "glory" days..

*Thank you troops, but shut it already*