Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best & worst of where you live
Allyson Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_water_ice

"In the greater Philadelphia area water ice is pronounced as 'wooder ice'."

We also say doorder instead of daughter.
jus' P Wrote:
flyersfantn Wrote:Spring Hill/Columbia, Tennessee

Best: new shopping center is finally bringing some good stores closer

Worst: the heat in the summer, how it doesnt get cool in fall until about mid-way through october, there's this myth that southern people are nice - but in reality half are effin retards and the other half are jack-offs.

Which half do you fall in?

I'm not from here, just living here temporarily, so I dont consider myself a "southern" person. and to say everyone is either half this or the other half is that was just an exaggeration on my part to make a point. The whole "southern-hospitality" thing is a myth. its no different than anywhere else. but I have run into some REALLY effin stupid people down here. so much so that its been really suprising to me.
flyersfantn Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Which half do you fall in?

I'm not from here, just living here temporarily, so I dont consider myself a "southern" person. and to say everyone is either half this or the other half is that was just an exaggeration on my part to make a point. The whole "southern-hospitality" thing is a myth. its no different than anywhere else. but I have run into some REALLY effin stupid people down here. so much so that its been really suprising to me.

I am a transplant myself, but have lived in the Nash area for the last 18 years. There still is some southern hospitality, but it's not in Nashville. Metro is full of immigrants( both legal and illegal), white trash and gansta wannabees. Brentwood and the other Hills are mostly white collars from OTHER states. The rich white Nashvillian's are elitest and stick to themselves ( good 'ol boys' club).... and I'm not a member....
jus' P Wrote:
flyersfantn Wrote:I'm not from here, just living here temporarily, so I dont consider myself a "southern" person. and to say everyone is either half this or the other half is that was just an exaggeration on my part to make a point. The whole "southern-hospitality" thing is a myth. its no different than anywhere else. but I have run into some REALLY effin stupid people down here. so much so that its been really suprising to me.

I am a transplant myself, but have lived in the Nash area for the last 18 years. There still is some southern hospitality, but it's not in Nashville. Metro is full of immigrants( both legal and illegal), white trash and gansta wannabees. Brentwood and the other Hills are mostly white collars from OTHER states. The rich white Nashvillian's are elitest and stick to themselves ( good 'ol boys' club).... and I'm not a member....

agreed. Parts of nashville have gone right down the shitter. gangs are starting to branch out to m-boro (another s-hole) and even Franklin (a relatively nice place).

also, thats a good point that I've run into as well. If you arent from here, you arent part of the group. not that I mind really. Nashville's a decent city and all but I'll be glad when I leave here and head back up to southeastern PA.
providencecrow Wrote:In toms river new jersey:....

Hates: Memorial day through Labor Day

Truer words have never been spoken. I grew up in Point Pleasant/Bay Head. Bennies SUCK.

That's why living in Lacey is a plus...far less bennies to deal with.