Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another reason I don
patfromportland Wrote:To me the whole concept is a little shady. So there is this guy in heaven (living by himself i guess) and one day he decides to create stuff. Not only does he create stuff but everything he creates has to "worship" him. Except one time people didnt worship him so he killed everybody except for two of each animal. Sounds kinda full of himself to me.

God in a nutshell:

God was in heaven with the angels.

Satan, the angel of music and the most beautiful angel, decided that he was higher than God.

God banished Satan from heaven and Satan took one third of the angels, who sided with Satan, with him. They became demons.

God wanted to prove to the angels, demons, and Satan that He was just in this decision so he created man and gave him free will. The world and the people were perfect but there was the "fruit" of knowledge of good and evil. The people, using free will, ate the fruit and became fully aware of sin.

God could have interceded but he wanted to show that he was just and full of mercy. He allowed them to choose to worship him or not.

Men, utilizing free will, became evermore evil. Some of the demons took on a human form so that they could have sex with humans and taint the bloodline of Adam (which would eventually be the bloodline of Jesus). God saw that Satan was trying to usurp God again so he had to destroy all the people save for two whose bloodline hadn't been tainted.

The world, as it was known to man, became populated again and God set up laws for man to follow. God told them, through Moses, that if they broke these laws that they would have to sacrifice something of value (usually perfect lambs which people depended upon for money etc) to them to show that they were truly repentful.

Man failed again because man is fallible. God sent Jesus, who was without sin, to earth to teach man about God. Man, through the wiles of Satan, killed Jesus and Satan thought he had usurped God. However, Jesus being without sin, became the sacrificial lamb that was sacrificed for all of man's sin. His death reconciled man to God once and for all. The only stipulation is that man has free will to choose to accept that reconciliation or deny it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.

Messages In This Thread