Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waaaaaaabulance Drivers
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:just to clearification on full time FF's vs. Volunteers. I have the same basic training and do the same extra trainings as guys in GR (trainings depend on our aread clearly) or any big city with full time departments. The difference is I take my classes at night, on my time. I also leave for fire calls when i'm playing with my kids, or eating Christmas dinner with my family and then go to work the next day at 8 after fighting fire from 12am to 6am.

Full time and volunteer are different worlds, I don't think you can compare by how many calls are gone on or what kind of calls. The knowledge is the same (usually) as with the dedication and passion. While I agree that SOME FFs and EMT can be cocky I also agree that there are just as many Service men and women that are the same way.

yeah this is definetly directed more at the volunteer crowd than the full-timers who do it for a living no matter what. there is a world of difference. and yeah there can be cocky servicemen. Army Rangers who are stationed in a Ranger Battalion are the cockiest a-holes you will ever meet on the face of this earth. they've got good reason to be I suppose..kinda, but there is light years in difference between rangers and SF (green beret dudes). Also, Marines tend to think their shit doesnt stink either, though they've lost a little bit of bragging rights due to this war becuase of the fact that they do 6-7 month tours while the army is doing 12-15 months. I'm not guess at that either, that is what I was told by a Marine.

but ya know, same team, whatever, all's well.

Messages In This Thread