Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your drink of choice ? ? ?
How far are you up to? (or at least remember getting thru)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Season 2, Disc 5 or 6. Yep, i'm gonna have to rewatch both.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
For those in the GR area, there's a fairly new place that opened up over by the Woodland Mall, ABC Fine Wine, or something like that. They seem to have a very good selection of liquor, and the prices seem to be quite competitive (picked up a bottle of scotch for $15 less then the last place I got it)... only thing is, come knowing what exactly it is you want.

When I was getting my scotch today, I was asking the clerk some questions about the various brands, and dude knew nothing. I'd ask how one compared to another, which ones were highland malts, stuff that is pretty common when it comes to scotch and he'd just tell me that he hadn't tried them, or that he hasn't heard anything about them. For the way they've tried to promote themselves as being a high end specialty store, they sure don't seem to have the knowledge you'd like to see.

Looks like in the future I'll be going to Martha's to ask questions, and then ABC to make the actual purchase.
What was the brand you ended up buying ? )The one that was 15 less than whereever ?)
Wowie Groovie !
Got another bottle of Dahlwinnie 15 year, it's what I was replacing. I was interested in trying a different brand, but since dude didn't know jack about scotch, I decided I didn't really feel like risking the money on a bottle that I wound up hating.
I only drink when I'm out with friends....and I am normally scnockered by numerous Jeagerbombs.
What? I didn't do it.
my favorite is an old fahioned but if im out with my college friends we usually go sake bombing. greatest combo ever
Over the holidays I tried 7&7 but with the limited edition pomegranete 7-up. Like drinking a bit of heaven. Latest beer is Peroni a light Italian brew, not bad, but my next 6 will be something new.
Annnnnd.

I found a new beer that I really like.

Budwiser American Ale.

It's really close to Sam Adam's Boston Lager, and it's a bit less expensive.

Solid full body, deep amber color, and a good head.

Good Beer.
Wowie Groovie !
[Image: strongbow-6-pack.jpg]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Also....

Pick up a bottle of the limited edition Jim Beam bottles that support the Terry Farrel Firemans Fund.

Good Bourbon, decnt price, GREAT Cause.
Wowie Groovie !
Kamakazi
Titan! Wrote:Also....

Pick up a bottle of the limited edition Jim Beam bottles that support the Terry Farrel Firemans Fund.

Good Bourbon, decnt price, GREAT Cause.

WOOT!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I just got done reading The Sum of All Fears, and in it Bitburger beer is mentioned. Ever since I've had an urge to get some of it. Thankfully, I think the local specialty store (the first ever in my hometown! :o ) stocks it.

Interesting random fact, when I was in Germany six years ago, I took a tour of the Bitburger brewery.
Also...

Don't forget it's October, and that means it's time for Octoberfest.

Sam Adams is my favorite, but i'm sure there are some others that are just as good and possibly better.
Wowie Groovie !
It's October already?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
October starts as soon as you can get Octoberfest beer.
Wowie Groovie !
Ahh, gotcha.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
plus Halloween garb has been out for a month already.
Patron Silver. Orz forced me to drink some last night and I have to say, it completely changed my opinion about Tequila ( TA-Kweel-yah) It was nice and smooth and I really enjoyed it.

She also forced me to drink Tequila Rose, and that was good too, it reminded me of Franken Berry and Vodka.
Wowie Groovie !
I was not forcing drinks on you, you grabbed the last of my Patron, guzzled it, then stood on my sofa and waved a guitar hero guitar around, said you were the reincarnation of Cobain, hereby renamed "Coby mcTitty", called yourself emperor, and ran around our backyard chasing the geese and swearing at them for not bowing down to your "Royal Tittyness".
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Please tell me he was wearing a diaper and tiara too because then the mental picture would be complete.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Mountain Dew.
0rz0ski Wrote:I was not forcing drinks on you, you grabbed the last of my Patron, guzzled it, then stood on my sofa and waved a guitar hero guitar around, said you were the reincarnation of Cobain, hereby renamed "Coby mcTitty", called yourself emperor, and ran around our backyard chasing the geese and swearing at them for not bowing down to your "Royal Tittyness".

Wow, your memory of the night is much different than mine
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:Wow, your memory of the night is much different than mine

I'm stunned you remember anything from that night.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:Wow, your memory of the night is much different than mine

I'm stunned you remember anything from that night.

I'm stunned you let him in your house.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
admin Wrote:Please tell me he was wearing a diaper and tiara too because then the mental picture would be complete.

The diaper fell off after I caught the first goose, but c'mon man a tiara ? It was a paper crown from Burger King.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:It was a paper crown from Burger King.

Win!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I just bought a 6er of Michelob's Jack's Pumpkin Spice, it's Michelob's attempt to make a full bodied, full flaovered seasonal, and it's not but, but not great. I'd give it a B- but it was on sale so I'll give it a solid B
Wowie Groovie !
I've tried a couple of the other Michelob products attempting to be something special, and have found them to be disappointing as well. Leave the special brews to the microbreweries, guys.
I had a bottle of Dewars White Label, and I have to say I don't think I'm a scotch guy.

Bourbon yes, scotch no.
Wowie Groovie !
Meijer brand 'Tussin.

Titan! Wrote:I had a bottle of Dewars White Label, and I have to say I don't think I'm a scotch guy.

Bourbon yes, scotch no.

I've had some Dewars Black Label, and for a blended scotch it wasn't too bad. A nice aged single malt is still my favorite. Currently I'm working on a bottle of The Macallen 12 year.
potthole, the michelob attempts at seasonals are poor at best. I haven't been able to get past Bellaire Brown from Short's lately and now they have it in bottles at D. Schulers in Grandville so I'll be sticking with that for a while. If I can't find that I have been drinking the Bell's Best Brown while it's still available.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
So ironic that you just mentioned Bell's Best Brown, because I'm on my second sixer of that since it's been released for the season. I might hate the cold and snow that's in front of us, but I do enjoy the hearty seasonal ales that lots of brewers put out.
I'm not reay to give up on scotch just yet, I do want to give Macallan a try sometime.

And I love the fall winter seasonal brews.

And I would be remiss to point out that Guinness is perfect this time of year.
Wowie Groovie !
If you're going to buy a bottle of Macallan, I'd take a look at something from their "Fine Oak" series of scotch. They're single malts, but are aged in barrels made of oak, which gives them a taste that isn't quite as strong.

The Macallan Fine Oak 10 year aged scotch is a good one to start with, it's aged long enough to let you appreciate some of the flavor that comes with it, while still being 'young' enough to keep it's price (at most places I've seen it) under $50.
I stopped at a party store on 44th and Burlingame and they had some stuff from Schmohz in sixers. I grabbed one of the Bonecrusher Stouts and I have to say that it's a heck of a beer. Nice chocolaty finish with just a hint of malts. It does have the typical microbrew tinge but all in all I give it a solid A-. Just wanted to pass that along.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I'm a fan of stouts. I havent tried Schmoz yet though, maybe I'll drop by when I'm working on some errands this week
Wowie Groovie !
Sam Adams just came out with a pilsner style, Noble Pils. I've been looking for a good, readily available pilsner, and have just found it.