Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoot the breeze
hoshi Wrote:There's a lot of issues with it, really. One - the quality isn't the same. Two - No physical copy of game. Three - requires decent internet. Four - no buying used games...

Hell, there's too many issues to list. I'd prefer to have the console, myself. But that's just me.

I prefer consoles too. but....

I remember when MP3 players first started coming around. I thought, "No way. I'll stick to my CD's thanks". Then I bought an iPod. I won't look back.

I remember when in high school I could count on one hand the people I knew with high-speed internet. Now I can walk into a coffee shop, etc. and access it on a phone. I can see a day where high-speed is the norm. It's coming quick too. With online retail sales up over brick and mortar stores businesses will be pushing this hard.

My point is, you say no now but give it some time. You may find you like it more.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Xbox shit the bed a couple weeks ago... Finally have the second xbox hooked up down here and am not going through withdrawals anymore...
Jiggy Wrote:Will this revolutionize the way games are played?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/965/965535p1.html

This is not really a completely new concept, the only new thing is the hookup to the TV and if you have the right video card on your PC you can get that too.

check out gametap www.gametap.com

I have had an account with them for a while. Most of their games are classics like street fighter 2, myst, hell they even have some atari games. they also have originals like the american mcgees grim series which is pretty fun, and newer games like overlord and some good series like the hitman series of games or a popular one that i never really got into the tomb raider games.

I love the fact that they have darkstalkers on there. one of my all time favorites.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
This is no longer the Freedom Tower. They announced it will now be called "One World Trade Center"

[Image: 090327-worldtradecenter-vmed-7a.widec.jpg]
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
http://www.cracked.com/article_17195_5-t...owers.html

Holy crap if some of this stuff actually happens, I'm going to purposely cut off my legs and rip out my eyes.
So I'm leaving my girlfriends house yesterday and I'm driving my car approaching the main drag to get on the freeway to go home and I see a cop car. It is a new Dodge Charger traveling about 100 mph in a 45 zone. Hot on his heels is a State Police Interceptor and a State Police SUV.

But the SUV must have hit its own spike strip because both drivers side tires were flat and totally torn up, billowing smoke and spitting flames as the officer was still in the accelerator pedal. He came to a rest right in front of me. Because as I saw the commotion, I stopped before I got to the main drag. I just wish I could have gotten there 30 seconds earlier to see the guy he was chasing!!!

[Image: 800px-2006_M%20ichigan_State_Police_Dodge_Charger_1.jpg]

Hands down one of the Top ten coolest things I've ever seen!!!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Does your girlfriend live near Zane?
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:Does your girlfriend live near Zane?

I have no idea where Zane lives, and I don't want to know, but I doubt it.
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:Does your girlfriend live near Zane?

I have no idea where Zane lives, and I don't want to know, but I doubt it.

Wow guess that went over your head... :Smile

Zane + Speeding = Cop Chase...
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:Zane + Speeding = Cop Chase...

Certainly, certainly.
This is interesting:
http://consumerist.com/5187757/shamwow-g...prostitute
I woke up this morning, all ready to play stump the show and.....blue balled. I forgot the guys were not in today. Balls....
Some sad news that only I would care about.

On another board admin'd by a high school friend of mine and populated by his wife's family and friends.
One of the members was found dead on the couch by his sister who also posted there.
Doktor Wrote:Some sad news that only I would care about.

On another board admin'd by a high school friend of mine and populated by his wife's family and friends.
One of the members was found dead on the couch by his sister who also posted there.

I know how that feels. I've lost two fellow posters over on another message board. Got to meet one of them in real life before he passed, so that hit me really hard. And although I hadn't met the other one, we'd chatted a few times, so it was a punch in the gut as well.
My brother had a buddy die on car club board he was involved with. It was really sad. I guess the guy had some really rare disease (not sure what the symptoms were) and his wife left him for another man after finding out about it.
Jiggy Wrote:My brother had a buddy die on car club board he was involved with. It was really sad. I guess the guy had some really rare disease (not sure what the symptoms were) and his wife left him for another man after finding out about it.

The guy that I was able to meet was an elderly man, passed away in the middle of typing out a post, because his heart gave out. What hit me hard with that was that he was scheduled to see one of the cardiologists I work for in just a few days-- had he made it that long, he'd probably be here with us today.

The guy I didn't get to meet was one of the students murdered at Virginia Tech. I still get goosebumps when I think of that day. I'm also very proud to wear a "Livestrong"-like bracelet that his family had made, every day, in memory of him. Even had it on at my wedding.
That's pretty cool, i never got to meet this guy but he and i got along great on the board, and his sister and i chatted a bunch over AIM.
Kurt Cobain's daughter. She has his eyes.

[Image: frances-bean-cobain.jpg]
Definitely didn't want to start a new thread, but felt this worthy of posting:

A WOMAN'S POEM:
Before I lay me down to sleep,
I pray for a man who's not a creep,
One who's handsome, smart and strong.
One who loves to listen long,
One who thinks before he speaks,
One who'll call, not wait for weeks.
I pray he's rich and self-employed,
And when I spend, won't be annoyed.
Pull out my chair and hold my hand.
Massage my feet and help me stand.
Oh send a k ing to make me queen.
A man who loves to cook and clean.
I pray this man will love no other.
And relish visits with my mother.

A MAN'S POEM:
I pray for a deaf-mute gymnast nymphomaniac with
a nice butt & big tits who owns a bar on a golf course,
and loves to send me fishing and drinking. This
doesn't rhyme and I don't give a shit.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
^^ :lol:
Krystal answers (even though they aren't really questions):
Queenie Wrote:Definitely didn't want to start a new thread, but felt this worthy of posting:

A WOMAN'S POEM:
I pray for a man who's not a creep, Yes, please.
One who's handsome, smart and strong. Would be a plus.
One who loves to listen long, Pretending to listen would work most of the time.
One who thinks before he speaks,
One who'll call, not wait for weeks. Or I'll ignore him when he does call.
I pray he's rich and self-employed, Would rather he liked his job.
And when I spend, won't be annoyed. I've got my own to spend, thank you.
Pull out my chair and hold my hand. I'm a girl. What girl doesn't want that?
Massage my feet and help me stand.
Oh send a k ing to make me queen.
A man who loves to cook and clean. At least some of the time.
I pray this man will love no other. Don't we all?
And relish visits with my mother. Couldn't be hard; my mom is awesome.

A MAN'S POEM:
Men are whores.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
krys has a fun idea with that, i can play along too...

Queenie Wrote:Definitely didn't want to start a new thread, but felt this worthy of posting:

A WOMAN'S POEM:
I pray for a man who's not a creep, Hey... I'm not that bad once you get to know me
One who's handsome, smart and strong. the handsome part is a matter of opinion, the smart depends on who you ask, and strong... well i am average of strength
One who loves to listen long, I don't mind listening, just don't complain when I start to talk.
One who thinks before he speaks, I do... usually...
One who'll call, not wait for weeks. Why wait?
I pray he's rich and self-employed, I wish
And when I spend, won't be annoyed. As long as the money is there to spend
Pull out my chair and hold my hand. Things a guy should do.
Massage my feet and help me stand. foot massage no problems... help you stand??? only sometimes i guess...???
Oh send a king to make me queen.
A man who loves to cook and clean. True men cook, cleaning is good but I also expect the same as far as that goes.
I pray this man will love no other.Can't do that in my case... I also love my kids Tongue
And relish visits with my mother.Visits aren't so bad when she doesn't feel like complaining about everything.

A MAN'S POEM:
Meh I want some good conversation sometimes... keep the big tits but the big butt is always a plus. I don't golf but a tennis court can be fun... Shit my wife wants to go fishing and drinking together so I don't mind all that... and yeah rhyming don't matter as long as you get your point across Tongue
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
i've been totally getting into that "rescue me" show.

is that really what it's like to be a fireman, howie?
dingdongyo Wrote:i've been totally getting into that "rescue me" show.

is that really what it's like to be a fireman, howie?

Do you watch Sons of Anarchy? I haven't seen it but I want to check out the DVD's when they come out. I have been hearing a lot of good stuff about it but I don't know anyone that actually watches it.

The only reason I ask is because I know it's on the same channel as Rescue Me.
SONS OF ANARCHY FREAKING ROCKS ! ! !

I saw a teaser promo for season 2 Saturday. Gahhhhhh. Can't wait.
Wowie Groovie !
So during my softball game last night my pants came off while I was running the bases.

I was rounding third and coming home, and about halfway between the bags I could feel my pants at my knees. I was wearing some of those warmup pants that snap up the legs, apparently some of the snaps had come undone as I was running. Because I knew it would be a close play at the plate, I just kept running, and as I was a couple steps away from the plate, the pants fell down the rest of the way to my feet.

Somehow I managed to not trip over myself, scored the run, and immediately reached down, ripped the rest of the snaps undone, and threw the pants over toward our bench. Everybody was laughing, and the wives/girlfriends there watching were all whistling and such. Boy am I glad I had shorts on underneath the pants!
And no one got any photos or video ? ? ?
Wowie Groovie !
potthole Wrote:So during my softball game last night my pants came off while I was running the bases.

I was rounding third and coming home, and about halfway between the bags I could feel my pants at my knees. I was wearing some of those warmup pants that snap up the legs, apparently some of the snaps had come undone as I was running. Because I knew it would be a close play at the plate, I just kept running, and as I was a couple steps away from the plate, the pants fell down the rest of the way to my feet.

Somehow I managed to not trip over myself, scored the run, and immediately reached down, ripped the rest of the snaps undone, and threw the pants over toward our bench. Everybody was laughing, and the wives/girlfriends there watching were all whistling and such. Boy am I glad I had shorts on underneath the pants!

Awesome story!! Pictures??
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
No photos/video that I know of. Which is a bummer, because I'd like to be able to see how it all looked.
British reality show contestant Susan Boyle got a makeover:

[Image: susanmakeover.jpg]
-Jiggy- Wrote:British reality show contestant Susan Boyle got a makeover:

While it is definately an improvement, I would still say she is not very attractive.

She has an awesome voice though.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
I'd plow her.
Mark the Valet Wrote:I'd plow her.

Yeah but you'd plow the "time to make the donuts" guy too.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
-Jiggy- Wrote:Kurt Cobain's daughter. She has his eyes.

like in a jar or something? man that's sick keeping your dad's eyes
sirkisklown Wrote:

She kept his penis in a jar too. Sick
Mad Dog Wrote:
sirkisklown Wrote:

She kept his penis in a jar too. Sick

This took an awkward turn. :?

She also lied about never having been kissed. Her little innocent act was just that, an act. I hate liars.
Queenie Wrote:

She also lied about never having been kissed. Her little innocent act was just that, an act. I hate liars.

Even when we thought she was telling the truth I thought it was an act. She was def. going for sympathy. I didn't really see what the point was of saying you'd never been kissed. I wouldn't be surprised if the photo of her made over is how she's always looked but made herself more fugly for the show.
sirkisklown Wrote:

HA ! :clap: great first post.
Wowie Groovie !
Mark the Valet Wrote:I'd plow her.

Yeah but you'd plow the.... wait Biff already covered that one.

Carry on.
Wowie Groovie !