Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message board is getting sucky.
If FB&HW mentioned it more on the show more people would want to post, and not just dumbass nonsense either. like when they asked for listeners' input on bump music a few weeks ago lots of people started to log on and post on the forum, its just hardly mentioned on the show.
I think we should have a say in 'listeners choice' on joe stunts....get rid of 'listeners' and make it 'Board choice'

it would be really easy and you'd get a ton of votes. They use to do it on the site but nerds would hack into it.

If they would include us in the show more....like a peanut gallery of sorts it would take off
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
The Swamp Donkey Wrote:If FB&HW mentioned it more on the show more people would want to post, and not just dumbass nonsense either. like when they asked for listeners' input on bump music a few weeks ago lots of people started to log on and post on the forum, its just hardly mentioned on the show.

Totally agree.

C'mon Free Beer, Hot Wings, give us a mention once in a while.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
The Swamp Donkey Wrote:If FB&HW mentioned it more on the show more people would want to post, and not just dumbass nonsense either. like when they asked for listeners' input on bump music a few weeks ago lots of people started to log on and post on the forum, its just hardly mentioned on the show.

Totally agree.

Fistor Wrote:Also, keep in mind we don't actually have the job of providing material for FBHW.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I think we should have a say in 'listeners choice' on joe stunts....get rid of 'listeners' and make it 'Board choice'

it would be really easy and you'd get a ton of votes. They use to do it on the site but nerds would hack into it.

If they would include us in the show more....like a peanut gallery of sorts it would take off

a board choice in addition to the listeners choice would defintely go over well i think, and its not like they have to do everything people post either. once you get more people posting with better ideas, more good stuff will come around to choose from.
Fistor Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Totally agree.

Fistor Wrote:Also, keep in mind we don't actually have the job of providing material for FBHW.

Not sure how getting a mention on the air in hopes of increaseing awareness and interest in the board, qualifies as us providing material for the show.
Wowie Groovie !
The Swamp Donkey Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I think we should have a say in 'listeners choice' on joe stunts....get rid of 'listeners' and make it 'Board choice'

a board choice in addition to the listeners choice would defintely go over well i think, and its not like they have to do everything people post either. once you get more people posting with better ideas, more good stuff will come around to choose from.

i'm not talking a free for all post of stupid ideas....but just a poll on the wheel choices, like listeners choice....but us
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Titan ! Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:

Not sure how getting a mention on the air in hopes of increaseing awareness and interest in the board, qualifies as us providing material for the show.

Exactly.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
The Swamp Donkey Wrote:a board choice in addition to the listeners choice would defintely go over well i think, and its not like they have to do everything people post either. once you get more people posting with better ideas, more good stuff will come around to choose from.

i'm not talking a free for all post of stupid ideas....but just a poll on the wheel choices, like listeners choice....but us

The show operates better on real time. There are times when only a few people are on the board and, because the show moves along at a pretty good clip (until Free Beer tells a story Wink), unless the chat room was really active it just wouldn't work.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i'm not talking a free for all post of stupid ideas....but just a poll on the wheel choices, like listeners choice....but us

The show operates better on real time. There are times when only a few people are on the board and, because the show moves along at a pretty good clip (until Free Beer tells a story Wink), unless the chat room was really active it just wouldn't work.

agreed, but they use to run polls on their site for 'listeners choice' and it worked well until nerds hacked into it....10mil votes to 10mil and 1 votes for a joe stunt or a pa prank

the poll could be open from 9-10:30 or 12 or whenvever they go home for the day, and could be the start discussion the next day at 8 or whatever
I could see a poll for Joe Stunts working well. Setup the poll a few days in advance, let people vote, and then if the wheel lands on "Listener's Choice" (or Board Choice, whatever), they check the poll, and go with the highest ranked option.
potthole Wrote:I could see a poll for Joe Stunts working well. Setup the poll a few days in advance, let people vote, and then if the wheel lands on "Listener's Choice" (or Board Choice, whatever), they check the poll, and go with the highest ranked option.

I doubt it will happen. One of the great things about their show is the audience participation. It's the reason I think a lot of people are drawn to it. The listeners feel like they're part of the show.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
That's still a form of audience participation.
this board needs more polls and less poles
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:this board needs more polls and less poles

valid
Most people got tired of typing out FBHW drops and left I think.
Nah, some of us just want to say things that are of interest, not to fill the board with fluff. The drops are funny, and if a good topic there is a reaction.
After reading threw this over the past few weeks I have come to the conclusion this is the worst message board ever. The five mods have more posts than the members do, and all seem like over powered dicks. This message board is as awesome as the war in Iraq is won, or as straight as Elton John, or as funny as Al Gore
I'm not trying to sound ungrateful but I do think that the board needs a little more support from FB&HW. We're already at the point where the board it lucky to get mentioned once a week (although HW did mention me which was nice... and Stephanie should still replace him.)

I'm surprised that the guys don't post here more often during the show's commercial breaks. It seems like HW or Zane always has e-mail pulled up but never the board. If one of them looked at e-mail and one looked at the board then they could be mentioning our comments more often during the show and it'd be quicker for them to reply on the board for everyone to see as opposed to one-on-one e-mail.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that they still link to the board, mention it and have even talked to a few members on the air. But if they don't participate it in much then the board members seem to get a tad bored. They crave the dialogue. Not everyone can get through on the phone or even get to a phone while the show is on. Knowing that the guys are looking at the board for responses to whatever topic they're discussing might get people more excited to check out the forums.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
[quote="yourmomsucks"]After reading threw this over the past few weeks I have come to the conclusion this is the worst message board ever. The five mods have more posts than the members do, and all seem like over powered dicks. This message board is as awesome as the war in Iraq is won, or as straight as Elton John, or as funny as Al Gore
Fistor Wrote:I saw you practicing this. Did it go as well as you hoped it would?

I am Jack's smirking revenge.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I saw you practicing this. Did it go as well as you hoped it would?

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

Top 5 movie, easy.
sluttynurse Wrote:See what happens when you get rid of the sex thread... Wink

I agree with the nurse! ;D
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ