Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Beer?
wienerpoopie Wrote:Black Apple: Guiness and Wood Chuck

Next time I'm some where that has both of those on tap, i'm gonna try that.
Wowie Groovie !
For those who haven't tried this, Guiness is suprisingly good at the beach.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:For thos who haven't tried this, Guiness is suprisingly good at all times in all situations

You seem to have made a mistake, so I have gone ahead and corrected that for you 8-)
Picked up some Old Speckeled Hen this evening. Interested in seeing how it is.
potthole Wrote:Picked up some Old Speckeled Hen this evening. Interested in seeing how it is.

I assure you that its quite tasty and delicious
Had myself one of them while cooking some corn and steak on the grill- not bad at all!
mmm....grilling....makes me want to have a party on the patio
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
providencecrow Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:For thos who haven't tried this, Guiness is suprisingly good at all times in all situations

You seem to have made a mistake, so I have gone ahead and corrected that for you 8-)

Yes, my bad. Thanks for the assist !

But seriously, next time you're at the blazing hot beach skip the Corona, and grab some Guiness!
Wowie Groovie !
vsangelchick Wrote:mmm....grilling....makes me want to have a party on the patio

WOO HOO ! Party at VS's HOUSE ! ! ! !

No Peeing in the pool.

Puke and smoke outside.

No douche baggery.
Wowie Groovie !
1) No pool
2) Agree
3) Double Agree
4) I'll be a guest host if someone with a pool lends their pad!
vsangelchick Wrote:1) No pool
2) Agree
3) Double Agree
4) I'll be a guest host if someone with a pool lends their pad!

We sooooo need to arrange this for real. Who's got a pool, and a yard big enough for some tent camping ?

First keg of Guiness, and a round of Maker's is on me.
Wowie Groovie !
I must admit....it'd be a hellova time!
I'm already having a party friday night, a friend is coming back into town from Florida. I've gotta dust off the o'l beer pong table and mix up some Jello shots.
cheap: High Life

Not cheap: Yuengling, GLBC's Elliot Ness, Grolsch, Guinness. I'm a big fan of black and tans, too.
chadillac Wrote:cheap: High Life

Not cheap: Yuengling, GLBC's Elliot Ness, Grolsch, Guinness. I'm a big fan of black and tans, too.

I bought a case of high life once, and it really was cheap, but man that stuff and my system, just didnt get along, I havent touched that stuff again and it's been more than 5 years.

For cheap beer I recommend Steel Reserve. Less than 2 bucks for a 40, and it's got 8.1 %
Wowie Groovie !
Has anybody tried one of those pre-made black and tans, such as the "Mississippi Mud" brand?
potthole Wrote:Has anybody tried one of those pre-made black and tans, such as the "Mississippi Mud" brand?

I've had Mississippi Mud, but the best thing about it is drinking it from that cool jug it comes in. It's not bad, but if you like B&Ts you're better off with the real thing
Wowie Groovie !
Coors Light, Smithwicks, Arrogant Bastard I'm half way though the beer tour at Old Chicago and I've enjoyed most of it. One thing I totaly disliked was a sesonal they did with guinness over sprite. The sprite's carbonation, bubbles though the guiness making it sweet, yuck.
toddlerfondler Wrote:Coors Light, Smithwicks, Arrogant Bastard I'm half way though the beer tour at Old Chicago and I've enjoyed most of it. One thing I totaly disliked was a sesonal they did with guinness over sprite. The sprite's carbonation, bubbles though the guiness making it sweet, yuck.

I started the beer tour at Old Chicago, and one of the guys sitting at the bar recommended I try a black cherry, (half guiness/half sam adam's cherry) and I got hooked, everytime I went back, that's what I would order. A few beers later I was at home, making my own black cherries and offered one to a female friend, she said no, but wanted just the sam adams cherrry. As the night went on, she drank a few more, so the next day I found myself with only Guiness in the fridge. I drank the guiness by itself, and it's been a love affair ever since.

All that to say, that once I discovered Guiness, I gave up on my beer tour card and I think I have 5 or 6 checked off.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:I bought a case of high life once, and it really was cheap, but man that stuff and my system, just didnt get along, I havent touched that stuff again and it's been more than 5 years.

I powerchugged some Miller Low Life many years ago. I puked my brains out and haven't been able to touch a Miller product, save for Lite, since.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Don't drink beer . . . guess I'll have to start a favorite liquor thread.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:Don't drink beer . . . guess I'll have to start a favorite liquor thread.

No....just start drinking beer.....it's a good thing.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
nashbama Wrote:Fat Tire is one of my favorites, unfortunately not available in Nashville or anywhere close. Yazoo Dos Perros and Guinness when I'm at a party or get together, Yuengling for everyday cheap beer.

Not true, sir!
Fat tire is totally available in Nashville now. I became the first person in Nashville to order one at Sams Sports bar (they only serve it in 22 oz bottles, but eh...what can you do?)

Sams is on 21st avenue. Tin Roof also has it (on Demunbreuen).

As for me? Flying Dog Pale Ale is my favorite beer.
Mark the Valet Wrote:
nashbama Wrote:Fat Tire is one of my favorites, unfortunately not available in Nashville or anywhere close. Yazoo Dos Perros and Guinness when I'm at a party or get together, Yuengling for everyday cheap beer.

Not true, sir!
Fat tire is totally available in Nashville now. I became the first person in Nashville to order one at Sams Sports bar (they only serve it in 22 oz bottles, but eh...what can you do?)

Sams is on 21st avenue. Tin Roof also has it (on Demunbreuen).

As for me? Flying Dog Pale Ale is my favorite beer.

Awesome! Thanks for the info, I had no idea it was being served in town. Last I heard they weren't shipping this far east yet.

Do you know if it's available in stores yet or only bars?
Queenie Wrote:Don't drink beer . . . guess I'll have to start a favorite liquor thread.

http://fbhw.proboards83.com/index.cgi?bo...thread=349

Isn't called the liquor thread, but it may as well be.
Sam Adam's light is pretty darn good, especially considering that it's a light.
Wowie Groovie !
I called New Belgium Brewery, Fat Tire is now sold across Tennessee in the 22 oz bombers. Frugal McDougal's still had some and there are a few places in the 'Boro.

For the Nashville folks, if you see it give it a try. I had it when I was in Colorado and it's excellent.
I think beer tastes disgusting.
Kate Wrote:I think beer tastes disgusting.

Im the beer police and your not of age to know
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
FREE BEER <3
That's what she said.
...How'd I know that was coming...
Allyson Wrote:FREE BEER <3

I'm a big fan of OPB, too.
Allyson Wrote:FREE BEER <3

I forgot the mention, my all time totally 100% favorite beer ?

Anything that someone else is paying for.

I would drink the beer tap trough run off if it were free.
Wowie Groovie !
i work part time at a large liquor store in the beer section so I have a lot favs. but my tops are: dogfish 60 minute IPA, lagunitas iIPA maximus, summer solstice cerveza crema, and young's double chocolate stout.
tellmehowmytaintlook Wrote:i work part time at a large liquor store in the beer section so I have a lot favs. but my tops are: dogfish 60 minute IPA, lagunitas iIPA maximus, summer solstice cerveza crema, and young's double chocolate stout.

You ever have the Dogfishhead Brown IPA? now that's good drinkin!
Bud Lite makes me smile and drunk
tellmehowmytaintlook Wrote:i work part time at a large liquor store in the beer section so I have a lot favs. but my tops are: dogfish 60 minute IPA, lagunitas iIPA maximus, summer solstice cerveza crema, and young's double chocolate stout.

Young's is awesome !
Wowie Groovie !
Budlite is great, but natty lite can get the job done as well.