Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, those rules DO apply to you!!
dingdongyo Wrote:the incident i had in mind was myself gunning a left turn in front of oncoming traffic to avoid waiting 5 years for the next opportunity. i

You are a douche. I hate you.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Back to the original post, I have been checking every pump when I get gas and I have not seen one that has the "No Cell Phones" rule on it anymore. Every one of them that had it is now covered by a new sticker that doesn't contain the cell phone rule.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I hate to say it, but my husband is one of those who leaves the car while the gas is pumping. It drives me nuts, so as soon as we stop, i run inside to the bathroom, pee real fast (wash my hands) then run back outside, so that at least its not entirely unattended. He is usually on his way into the store when I'm leaving.
Today I watch the most amazing act of what I would term as "up yours bitch". While I was at a local gas station a well dressed woman pulled up for gas. She honked her horn a couple of times until I told her it was self serve. She went inside and gave the clerk some grief. She convinced the guy on the otherside to pump her gas for her. Rather than get back in her car, she sat on the trunk and arrogantly lit a cigarette. When asked she refused to put it out. Next thing I see is the clerk she gave shit to come out with a fire extinguisher and spray her. I could only applaude. Definitely worth the trip
irishwizard23 Wrote:Today I watch the most amazing act of what I would term as "up yours bitch". While I was at a local gas station a well dressed woman pulled up for gas. She honked her horn a couple of times until I told her it was self serve. She went inside and gave the clerk some grief. She convinced the guy on the otherside to pump her gas for her. Rather than get back in her car, she sat on the trunk and arrogantly lit a cigarette. When asked she refused to put it out. Next thing I see is the clerk she gave shit to come out with a fire extinguisher and spray her. I could only applaude. Definitely worth the trip
Hmmmmmmm. I'm calling your bluff.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
sunshyne Wrote:I hate to say it, but my husband is one of those who leaves the car while the gas is pumping. It drives me nuts, so as soon as we stop, i run inside to the bathroom, pee real fast (wash my hands) then run back outside, so that at least its not entirely unattended. He is usually on his way into the store when I'm leaving.
do you pee at every gas station? just curious.
dingdongyo Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:I hate to say it, but my husband is one of those who leaves the car while the gas is pumping. It drives me nuts, so as soon as we stop, i run inside to the bathroom, pee real fast (wash my hands) then run back outside, so that at least its not entirely unattended. He is usually on his way into the store when I'm leaving.

Maybe she's diabetic and dosn't realize it?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
dingdongyo Wrote:

LoL, no, but when we go on road trips the only time I get to pee is when we stop for gas or get to our destination. We go on a lot of road trips.
The no cell phone/cigarette running engine rules are arbitrary, not binding in a legal sense, and most employee don't give a rat turd when they are broken. Basically, they are not LAWS but merely suggestions for safety purposes to reduce the station's owner of any liability should the worse case scenarioe play out.

As for flipping people off when driving-OUCH THAT REALLY HURTS> PLEASE DON'T POINT YOUR FINGER OF SHAME AT ME! Seriously, if someone wastes energy to make a meaningless gesture the only response I give is laugh. Honking the horn is submoronic as well.
What good is honking in anger when someone cuts you off? They know what they're doing. Honking isn't gonna stop it. Now chasing them down and getting out with a baseball bat might deter future traffic violations. Sorry. I have serious road rage!
Seriously, what good does honking your horn, screaming, flipping someone off, giving them dirty looks as you go by, etc. do? Well, I know what it does to most - it causes tremendous stress that is passed on to the people they are around. And I can tell you what it doesn't do - it doesn't ruin the other person's day. When someone cuts you off, etc., they are not trying to attack you personally. They are probably just absented minded for the moment and do not mean to upset you so greatly. Before you engage in your road rage next time, think about this - have you ever, in your lifetime of driving, accidentially cut somebody off, pulled out in front of somebody, almost veered into an occupied lane, etc. by accident? I bet you have, and I bet you also did not intend to do so. Jesus people, take a chill pill and don't be in such a rush to die. It will happen naturally on its own. Let somebody over or out, and don't get so upset over such petty happenings.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
It used to really bother me but not anymore. I've learned that, like you said, most of the time it's accidental or carelessness.
Sometimes it honestly makes me feel better to vent in such a manner....then I feel foolish.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:Sometimes it honestly makes me feel better to vent in such a manner....then I feel childish.

Fixed! Wink
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:Sometimes it honestly makes me feel better to vent in such a manner....then I feel childish.

Fixed! Wink
That too! Smile
Jiggy Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Fixed! Wink
That too! Smile

+1
Queenie Wrote:Seriously, what good does honking your horn, screaming, flipping someone off, giving them dirty looks as you go by, etc. do? Well, I know what it does to most - it causes tremendous stress that is passed on to the people they are around. And I can tell you what it doesn't do - it doesn't ruin the other person's day. When someone cuts you off, etc., they are not trying to attack you personally. They are probably just absented minded for the moment and do not mean to upset you so greatly. Before you engage in your road rage next time, think about this - have you ever, in your lifetime of driving, accidentially cut somebody off, pulled out in front of somebody, almost veered into an occupied lane, etc. by accident? I bet you have, and I bet you also did not intend to do so. Jesus people, take a chill pill and don't be in such a rush to die. It will happen naturally on its own. Let somebody over or out, and don't get so upset over such petty happenings.

Well put!!! 8-) I haven't had an accident or ticket for 15 years, but I, too, am guilty of being "absent-minded" and cutting someone off, at which time I slink down in my seat and refuse to look in the rear-view mirror until I am well past my unintended target.. yes, I'm a chicken-sh*t when I have erred on the road.
The only time I use my horn is to
A.) let the semi truck that is coming into my lane without seeing me that I'm there

B.) startle my friends when they walk in front of my car to get in. Smile

I don't get road rage, I figure I'll get there when I get there. I always leave home early enough to get to work on time, despite the Nashville traffic, so I don't get stressed out.
Hence, after 12 years of driving, I haven't been in an accident. *knock on wood*
But what is the fun of that.....Nashville traffic is just like the Nascar races sometimes....But if a normal work day for me I leave about 9:30 and get to work about 10:15, from Murfreesboro....During 7 and 9 there is no way I would give myself less than an hour to get to work.
Rather than flip somebody off when they cut me off or do some other sort of poor driving thing around me, I'll usually make some sort of other obscene gesture, usually involving a sexual reference. That has actually gotten a couple of people visibally pissed at me.
potthole Wrote:Rather than flip somebody off when they cut me off or do some other sort of poor driving thing around me, I'll usually make some sort of other obscene gesture, usually involving a sexual reference. That has actually gotten a couple of people visibally pissed at me.

It's all good until "God told me to ram the person." Yeah it was in the news...don't end up on the receiving end of that Potts.
I saw on the news one day that if you take your hand off the pump while gas is pumping, but are able to build up enough charge to cause a shock, you can set it on fire. It was cool to watch, but I haven't taken my hand from the pump since.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Krystal Wrote:I saw on the news one day that if you take your hand off the pump while gas is pumping, but are able to build up enough charge to cause a shock, you can set it on fire. It was cool to watch, but I haven't taken my hand from the pump since.

Maybe if you wear rubber soled shoes and shuffle around on a shag carpet while your gas is pumping. Otherwise it's not going to be a problem. The news has a lot of stuff that is an extension of the truth, and sometimes just wrong.
I know, but they fear-monger so well.
Have you ever been shocked when you get out of your car after a drive? It can happen; not likely, but it could. As long as you touch the car, or something metal to ground yourself, and discharge the electricity before you grab the pump, you'll be fine.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
One of my mom's cars used to shock me everytime I went to close the door after getting out. As I said, though, fear-mongering. Usually I ignore most stuff like that, but it's just so simple to hold the pump since I'm there anyway.
i find it un-likely that a cell phone will EVER start a fire at a gas pump, but i still don't talk on my phone while i pump, nor do i typically jump back into my truck while the pump is operating (unless it terribly cold)

why? because it's the GD rules
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i find it un-likely that a cell phone will EVER start a fire at a gas pump, but i still don't talk on my phone while i pump, nor do i typically jump back into my truck while the pump is operating (unless it terribly cold)

why? because it's the GD rules

I will talk on the phone once in a while, and get back into the car once in a while too. The cell phone can not start a fire (mythbusters) Whenever I have to get back into the car, I just make sure to touch my car when I get back out before touching the pump, just to discharge any build-up of static.

- I thought that the cell phone thing wasn't on pumps anymore?
If I worked at a gas station and saw anyone get back in their vehicle I would manually stop the pump until they got out again. I'd repeat this process until they stayed outside.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Hahaha. People totally should do that!
Admin Wrote:If I worked at a gas station and saw anyone get back in their vehicle I would manually stop the pump until they got out again. I'd repeat this process until they stayed outside.
I wish we could clone you and employ Biffs nationwide at all gas stations.
I believe in New Jersey, you can't pump your own gas, an attendant has to do it. Is this true anymore? its been years since I've been there.
still true from what I understand...I think Allyson had a vent on the subject a few months back.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
If they didn't want you to leave the pump unattended, they wouldn't have put those catches in the handle...

and if I can't pay at the pump, I'll go somewhere else.
I actually boycotted a gas station for a while, because it was only pay at the pump, or prepay. I always payed with cash, and how the hell am I supposed to know if it's going to be $30 or $33 to fill up?

Now I pay for everything with debit card. Realized how much easier it is.
Rock Monster Wrote:Now I pay for everything with debit card. Realized how much easier it is.

Joe just talked you right into that, didn't he?
Queenie Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Now I pay for everything with debit card. Realized how much easier it is.

Joe just talked you right into that, didn't he?

Nope, getting laid off, getting a new job, and direct deposit because my credit union is no longer 2 minutes away from work did that.
jus' P Wrote:If they didn't want you to leave the pump unattended, they wouldn't have put those catches in the handle...

If guns weren't meant to kill people, they wouldn't shoot those bullets so gee dee fast. Murder is completely acceptable, because the gun is capable of such an act.
speedbump Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:If they didn't want you to leave the pump unattended, they wouldn't have put those catches in the handle...

If guns weren't meant to kill people, they wouldn't shoot those bullets so gee dee fast. Murder is completely acceptable, because the gun is capable of such an act.

If the squirrel wouldn't have stopped in the road to take a dump, it wouldn't have got hit by the truck.

guns don't kill people, people kill people.

You fail, try again.
Yeah! guns don't kill people! Squirrels kill people!