Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you cooking lately?
I'm making a lovely vegetarian dish today! Mushroom yogurt pie with spinach crust.
I'm going to cook breakfast for the family when the hubby gets home from the store. Just the basics....eggs, bacon, toast, hashbrowns...then I'll get to clean up the mess too. Yeaaaa.
Yesterday, I cooked pot roast, mashed potatoes, escalloped potatoes and green beans. Yeah, 2 different types of potatoes, because some of the kids don't like escalloped, but I love them.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Today a loaf of meat and an assortment of veggies.
Queenie Wrote:Yesterday, I cooked pot roast, mashed potatoes, escalloped potatoes and green beans. Yeah, 2 different types of potatoes, because some of the kids don't like escalloped, but I love them.

Prior to college I loved scalloped 'taters. Then I had them with seemingly ever-other meal at the cafeteria.
steak with steak on the side
tato
korn
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
so this isn't lately, but a while ago i tried my friend's lasagna. it was her aunt's recipe, and it used grape jelly. i don't know how it worked, but i told her to never stop doing it.

yesterday: baked chicken, frozen vegetables, mashed potatoes. nothing fancy.
Biscuits and gravy. Man, I don't think I've had it that good since I lived down South. Homemade biscuits too!
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Grape jelly and barbecue sauce, slow cooked, makes a fantastic sauce, so I can see how you might be able to incorporate it into a tomato sauce. I'd love to see the recipe.
My daddy used to love it when I made tomato gravy with homemade biscuits. He also used to love my SOS.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I made my husband and me breakfast a couple weekends ago, Scrambled eggs, bacon, homemade biscuits and TOMATO gravy. I made it with store bought canned stewed tomatos and it wasn't as good as the home canned tomatos. It made it too sweet tasting to me.
sausage, mushroom, shrimp and seafood chowder.

I pwn the kitchen
Wowie Groovie !
Turkey tacos tonight.
That's what she said.
Never had turkey tacos, but I'm making beef tacos tonight!

great minds think mostly alike . . .
Did some steak fajitas earlier in the week.
Titan ! Wrote:sausage, mushroom, shrimp and seafood chowder.

I pwn the kitchen

Can you get decent seafood in Michigan?
catfish
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Queenie Wrote:Never had turkey tacos, but I'm making beef tacos tonight!

Thinking I may make either venison or chicken tacos tonight. Anyone up for fish tacos?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:Anyone up for fish tacos?

Sad
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Rock Monster Wrote:venison tacos

thats what we had a couple nights ago. My father in law butchered 5 deer one week...we worked that little Gander Mountain grinder like crazy
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Jiggy Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Anyone up for fish tacos?

Sad

+1

[Cleveland Brown drop]Oh, that's nasty[/drop]
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:venison tacos

thats what we had a couple nights ago. My father in law butchered 5 deer one week...we worked that little Gander Mountain grinder like crazy

I had Elk burritos the other night, and elk/beef shepards pie.
mainerliser Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:sausage, mushroom, shrimp and seafood chowder.

I pwn the kitchen

Can you get decent seafood in Michigan?

Yes, but it's usually shipped in from Maine.

That reminds me of the time that my church college group went to Lake Michigan for the day and the shore was lined with thousands of dead fish. Being college guys we created a game called "fish tag". Basically the idea was,

1. Pick up a dead fish.

2. Hit someone with it.

Ahhh good times
Wowie Groovie !
Titan, where's Main? Is it near New Yor or New Jerse? Maybe it's on the west coast near Californi or Washingto.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:Titan, where's Main? Is it near New Yor or New Jerse? Maybe it's on the west coast near Californi or Washingto.

I don't know what you're talking about.
Wowie Groovie !
I so should have quoted your original post. :>
Rock Monster Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Never had turkey tacos, but I'm making beef tacos tonight!

Thinking I may make either venison or chicken tacos tonight. Anyone up for fish tacos?

I love fish tacos!
chili

nom nom nom
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:I so should have quoted your original post. :>

Yeeeeep

You snooze you lose.

And Lisa... you lost me with the mushroom yogurt thing. Mushroom and spinach pie sounds pretty good, but, add yogurt to the mix, and you trigger my gag reflex. :-*
Wowie Groovie !
I made soup and grilled cheese sandwiches a couple of nights ago.
Drop Noodle Soup last night. I used to have it a lot as a kid, and recently learned how to make it myself.

1 egg
a little milk - less than 1/4 cup
salt & pepper
about 1 cup of Flour

Mix up until thick, but still sticky drop small spoonfuls into boiling chicken broth. Boil for 10 or so minutes.

It's really not that great, but it's from my childhood, so I really like it.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I found this online, and I want to make it this weekend!

[Image: 3178189525_8aea52aa4d.jpg]

http://omnomicon.blogspot.com/2009/01/ho...-cake.html
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
That looks and sounds awesome!
Re: Mushrooms.

I usually check at the point when parasites find their way into the recipe. This is why I don't make Bean and Flea Enchiladas, Leech Stew, or Deer Tick Salad anymore.
um, mushrooms are a fungus really, and not a parasite per se. some sorts probably could be considered parasites (like the ones that only grow on trees) but these are usually not the ones sold in stores to eat. The ones you would buy are grown in boxes or in trays, in dirt, like little plants. to have a revulsion to them simply for them being a fungus is silly. Now if you didn't like them because of the taste or the texture, I would be a little more understanding.
My disdain for them is firmly rooted in a dislike of the taste AND consistency. I didn't know they were fungal until I was old enough to take biology. Once I understood the parasitic element, that was the final nail in the coffin.

PS...when "No, they're a FUNGUS" is the counterpoint, you're not going to convince me to put it in my mouth. Wink
Titan ! Wrote:
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:I so should have quoted your original post. :>

Yeeeeep

You snooze you lose.

And Lisa... you lost me with the mushroom yogurt thing. Mushroom and spinach pie sounds pretty good, but, add yogurt to the mix, and you trigger my gag reflex. :-*

It almost looks like a quiche. The crust is wheat germ and spinach, and the filling is mostly mushrooms. You use plain yogurt, cheese, and one egg to hold the mushrooms together and give it more texture. It's cheesey, sauted mushroom goodness in a spinach crust!!
hotzester Wrote:My disdain for them is firmly rooted in a dislike of the taste AND consistency. I didn't know they were fungal until I was old enough to take biology. Once I understood the parasitic element, that was the final nail in the coffin.

PS...when "No, they're a FUNGUS" is the counterpoint, you're not going to convince me to put it in my mouth. Wink

Lol, yeah I guess being a fungus is really not much better than a parasite.
I'm the same way about escargo though, I don't really care how much of a high class delicacy they are, they are still snails.
I firmly believe that the only reason someone would eat a snail is because it's the only thing they can catch and kill.
Jiggy Wrote:I'm cooking Subway tonight. It's my specialty.

It was the same tonight. I also had their chicken noodle soup for the first time. It was good.