Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud to be a Geek
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Yay research! ... But why do you want a PhD... doesn't really do much besides look fancy in my opinion?

Hard to be a professor and do research without one.
But you can still do it without it can't you? From my understand a few years ago you didn't need a PhD for a lot of things that people assumed you did, it just "helps". But I don't know for sure if it's true because I choose not to deal with things in my future life that would require me to have that.
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:But you can still do it without it can't you? From my understand a few years ago you didn't need a PhD for a lot of things that people assumed you did, it just "helps". But I don't know for sure if it's true because I choose not to deal with things in my future life that would require me to have that.

At all public colleges, (i.e. State colleges and Universities) beyond community/technical, colleges you typically need to have a PhD to be a professor. It is very rare that a person becomes a professor without one.

People that publish research are either getting an advanced graduate degree or have one. Otherwise, not typically taken seriously.
People and their standards.... Can't they just deal with something without their being a title placed on it I mean there is this show.. I think Hotbeer and FreeWings that people lsiten to on the radio and it sounds kinda stupid, but then the show isn't. Oh god I hope they don't have PhD's...
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:People and their standards.... Can't they just deal with something without their being a title placed on it I mean there is this show.. I think Hotbeer and FreeWings that people lsiten to on the radio and it sounds kinda stupid, but then the show isn't. Oh god I hope they don't have PhD's...

Certain labels, I can see your point, but others not. I don't want some random person checking my prostate unless they have "M.D." after their name. Catch my drift?
After that prostate statement.... I disrespectfully choose NOT to catch your drift lol
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:After that prostate statement.... I disrespectfully choose NOT to catch your drift lol

OUCH!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Kris!? Wrote:[quote author=majorcinnimonbun board=bs thread=494 post=9860 time=1215023324]

I have a sword collection,

What swords do you own ? Are they carbon/spring steel or stainless/ornamental?

I want a Cold Steel hand and a half but everytime I get close to having the spare cash I find something else that's more important to put the $ $ $ into
Wowie Groovie !
Kris!? Wrote:[Image: l_2c29f48140e7468a5cb808eac1b0e03f.jpg]

I'd offer to trade my drums for your cymbals, but i like my drums too much. I definitely do want to get me one of those O-zone's though.
providencecrow Wrote:I'd offer to trade my drums for your cymbals, but i like my drums too much. I definitely do want to get me one of those O-zone's though.

haha, I wouldn't trade my cymbals for anything. Ahh yes, The Evolution O-Zone crash. I have a 16". It's my favorite cymbal ^_^
Kris!? Wrote:haha, I wouldn't trade my cymbals for anything. Ahh yes, The Evolution O-Zone crash. I have a 16". It's my favorite cymbal ^_^

I'm really trying to decide whether or not to get that cymbal, or one of those remote hi hat stands so i can get my hats in super close to my snare. Damnit i need to win the lottery
Swords... sharp pointy yummy objects. Adding to the geekiness I've sword faught in different since I was about 5. But I need more shiny things, like knives... I don't know why but I want a Cobalt Steel knife!!
ratrad Wrote:
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:People and their standards.... Can't they just deal with something without their being a title placed on it I mean there is this show.. I think Hotbeer and FreeWings that people lsiten to on the radio and it sounds kinda stupid, but then the show isn't. Oh god I hope they don't have PhD's...

Certain labels, I can see your point, but others not. I don't want some random person checking my prostate unless they have "M.D." after their name. Catch my drift?

Catching your drift? Maybe this would give me a good chance to stretch out my hammies.
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Swords... sharp pointy yummy objects. Adding to the geekiness I've sword faught in different since I was about 5. But I need more shiny things, like knives... I don't know why but I want a Cobalt Steel knife!!

You really do exist in a world that's just a little different from the rest of us don't you ?
Wowie Groovie !
Yeah, I like it there, you don't have to do too much and it's really nice. Plus I'm still allergic to things that I don't want to do.. they make me cough and become even more allergic. You should join me, there's a parade too.
I think, because of my avatar, I should win top geek... by the way, It's not lightish red, it's pink!!! haha yay for Red vs Blue!
Okay just becasue an individual wears lightish red armor doesn't mean anything about them. Wait where did you get that spinny thing! I could have fun with that!
I feel I am the only one that can call themselves a geek and say that I think Halo is over rated, there are plenty of FPS games on the PC that are way better.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Maybe I missed it, what band is CPDrummer in?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Okay just becasue an individual wears lightish red armor doesn't mean anything about them. Wait where did you get that spinny thing! I could have fun with that!

YES IT DOES!!! Donut is gay. There, I said it. ;D haha, just kidding. I found it a few days ago, I don't remember where though. 8-) My roflcopter pwns yours.

Philly Mike Wrote:I feel I am the only one that can call themselves a geek and say that I think Halo is over rated, there are plenty of FPS games on the PC that are way better.

I don't agree that Halo is overrated, but I will agree that the PC does have some better FPS'. The thing that sucks is, my current computer is such a pile of steaming shit, that I can't play any of them... Sad

Admin Wrote:Maybe I missed it, what band is CPDrummer in?

Chaos Prevails. Hence the CP Wink. We're a really unknown band from West Michigan. Tongue we're actually supposed to get some studio time within the next couple weeks, so maybe I'll have something to show off. ahaha.
Philly Mike Wrote:I feel I am the only one that can call themselves a geek and say that I think Halo is over rated, there are plenty of FPS games on the PC that are way better.

Mr. Mike guy, be my friend please? Cause I really think Halo is over rated too.. I'm a hard-core PC gamer and if you compare PC FPS games to Halo ... it looks like Disney crapped out something. I like the game, Halo, but it is so not worth what people say it is. I've been playing Quake Wars and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl for a year or so now and still too addicted to stalker, too much stuff in that game to find. But I like Mike. ^^
It's lightish red.... And I can give you some studio time CP. ^^

Jay Chicka Bop Bop
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:

Mr. Mike guy, be my friend please? Cause I really think Halo is over rated too.. I'm a hard-core PC gamer and if you compare PC FPS games to Halo ... it looks like Disney crapped out something. I like the game, Halo, but it is so not worth what people say it is. I've been playing Quake Wars and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl for a year or so now and still too addicted to stalker, too much stuff in that game to find. But I like Mike. ^^
I think the PC is the best platform for FPS games.
The serious sam games are the most beautiful, and fun ones ever made.

I also think the Wii has a great setup for FPS games too because of the whole point and shoot setup, especially using the zapper.

Now I am not saying Halo is not fun, by all means it has a nice setup and all, however it just is middle of the road as far as how creative, and fun it is. It is way better than the half assed version of UT brought out for any of the systems, or even the serious sam games brought to the consoles. Games like rainbow 6 are also great but even better on PC. Then you have the few for the Wii, Red Steel was an abortion and should never have even made it to a master CD to be pressed, the COD3 and medal of honor were nicely done but not great, out of all of them Metroid Prime was the best, but then again it isn't exactly the average control setup either especially with the lock-on ability you have in it.

Nonetheless PC games just kick ass and I am impatiently waiting the release of Starcraft2 (I know not an FPS but still an amazing PC game) and will try to get it the day it comes out.
Allyson Wrote:I majored in statistics in college. I'm a math geek, glasses and all.

I think I'm in love.
Hey Mike, same with you on the Metroid Prime being one of the best, and best, FPS for console. And I am so buying Starcraft 2 when it comes out. And the same thing goes for Diablo 3.... Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction has been like crack to me.
I don't think I'm smart enough to be a real geek, but I do play a good amount of first person shooters online and my car is full of fingers and boogernails.
gatormouth Wrote:I don't think I'm smart enough to be a real geek, but I do play a good amount of first person shooters online and my car is full of fingers and boogernails.

-Twitch, shudder, gag.- You're the OTHER kind of geek... and I'm gonna stay far over here.
[Image: bunnypancakecl1.jpg]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:[Image: bunnypancakecl1.jpg]
Nice!
Hey it's my bunny Fluffy again! Fluffy! The Bunny that only loves!
Well I just found out by seeing a pic gallery of someone in the forum that I know that I am not the only MTG player in here either Smile
I seen that someone here at least likes the way a card called damnation looks if not a player...