Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has the show changed you?
My vocab has also been enhanced, I also abbreviate swears (it's like they've made me classy!), I subconsciously quote drops whether its appropriate or not, and I stopped constructing a noose while selling my soul in the cubicle in the mornings. I am also much more knowledgeable about weather, news, & local events in MI than I am in my own state.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
I waste 30 minutes at night seeing if theres anything I missed on the show in the morning.
I get up at 4 to catch the beginning of the WGRD broadcast (recently moved form GR to Iowa). Nobody at work understands any of the humor that I sometimes try to include. Really, things are a few years behind here . . . I do get a reprieve when I go home to MI and a few friends are quoting "weiner poopie" etc.

The local radio here includes lots of 1990's sound bites and chain emails. Damn I'm grateful for podcasts . . . when I first moved I hadn't had a morning without FBHW in 2 years, and then I was 6 months without . . . I like to call that the dark ages. Now, in my enlightenment I hear every minute. Smile
I use drops in conversations waaaaayy more than I should
Like most, it's changed my vocab ("Ahhh, EFFFF!") and I have drops pop in my head all the time ("Good for you!" "Liar! Whore! Liar! Whore! -And you know it!" "That's super interesting.")

However, it's affected my life in more deep ways too. On one hand, it's definitely the biggest source for my entertainment by far and is from where 90-95% of the laughter in my life comes.

On the other hand, I listen to the podcasts, and it takes a huge chunk out of my life. Think about it, over 17 hours a week - that's a part time job. Yes, if I'm doing something simple, I'll listen at the same time, but I usually can't listen at work, so much of the time, I'm just listening to the podcast and doing nothing else. If I wasn't so focused on the show, I would probably spend a lot more time focussing on things like applying for better jobs or continuing my education. I honestly believe I'd be more ambitious without the FBHW Show keeping me satisfied, but it's so addictive, I can't stop!
I'm not as fixated as my main man MOOBS up above....but I will say that their show has added a few lines into my vocab.

homoooooooO.
stop F'n spamin' Sad

dino
I used to listen to NPR throughout the morning at work. I now listen to FBHW. I am now considerably less informed about current events. Fortunately, I am also now far less naive and I actually enjoy what I am listening to (with the exception of occasional Joe stunts which make me want to hurl). In all, I believe that the show has had a net positive effect. At least, I hope so.
Since I started listening to the Free Beer and Hot Wings Show...

- My biceps are huge.

- I get laid three times a week.

- I can insult little kids and get away with it.

- I hate soccer moms.

- I realized that a good majority of people in America are idiots after listening to them call in to "Dumber than Zane Trivia."

- I stopped caring completely about politics.

- I started caring more about football.

- I drink relentlessly, because that's when I come up with my best sarcasm.

- People I work with get dissed on an hourly basis.
i've stopped calling the police to tell them that i will be speeding since i now know that i will get a ticket....certainly, certainly....i can never watch intervention again or look at a bottle of computer cleaner without hearing walking on sunshine in my mind.
All the talk about fatasses makes me want to lose weight. I should of gone as Joe from last halloween for my costume this year.
I caught myself saying "All this talk about abortions is making me wet." I just got dirty looks from all around.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
ChampKind Wrote:i too abbreviate swear words, think of drops when things happen to me, and have input the "what ever you do's" into my sarcasm vocabulary.

I love saying "whatever you do". Brilliant!

I also love learning new words for fetch. Strands. Lassos. Etc etc.. Tongue
"Throw" got put into my personal lexicon real quickly after I heard it on the show.
I find myself overreacting to things and vocalizing harsh, ubrupt and sometimes irrational opinions on everything just for a nice reaction out of people- much like Zane. It always cracks me up- but then everyone thinks I'm an ass.
I no longer fear the reaper.
I abbreviate my swear words. I use the "not my favorite thing" line a lot. I sing the stupid song from Yo Gabba Gabba about everything and my wife joins me. I make it a point to sit at my desk and do work until 10:30 a.m. I get bored with all other radio shows. I call everyone a "dumb bitch" when they do something stupid. I use the terms "smelly pirate hooker," "you're just a woman with a small brain" and "Daddooo Super Bowl" like they are common phrases in everyone's arsenal. I start a lot of my sentences with "so I was listening to FB&HW today and....."

Basically I haven't changed a bit. Wink
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"