Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum Questions, suggestions, etc
Philly Mike,

thats what i'm saying!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Philly Mike Wrote:when clicking on a persons name next to their post it does not go to their profile, you have to click on their pic above it, if they have no avatar then it doesnt work at all.

I too have noticed this. Oh Opus, pretty please?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
New title please.

Nikon Ninja.

Thanks.

And kudos on making the sigs readable
Wowie Groovie !
Just had a thought. Since we really can't put audio drops here we should have a flickr set up and a button here for
Code:
[drop]
and we can type in a command for a drop and it will link to a pic with the drop on it in text. like
Code:
[drop]it's boring[/drop]
would bring up a pic of ron burgandy with the word's "its boring" on the pic we can make the pics like 320x240 to keep them from taking up too much space. I am sure there are plenty of people out there willing to take pics and add text to it, hell you could add text in mspaint so anyone is able to do so.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:Just had a thought. Since we really can't put audio drops here we should have a flickr set up and a button here for
Code:
[drop]
and we can type in a command for a drop and it will link to a pic with the drop on it in text. like
Code:
[drop]it's boring[/drop]
would bring up a pic of ron burgandy with the word's "its boring" on the pic we can make the pics like 320x240 to keep them from taking up too much space. I am sure there are plenty of people out there willing to take pics and add text to it, hell you could add text in mspaint so anyone is able to do so.
That would be almost impossible.

Each BBCode is setup with HTML behind the scenese.

I would literally need to setup each picture individually and most likely host each pic.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Len needs a special font...I know he doesn't post very often but since we can't hear his Golden Voice he should post in sparkely golden font to illistrate his Golden-ness
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Opus Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:Just had a thought. Since we really can't put audio drops here we should have a flickr set up and a button here for
Code:
[drop]
Code:
[drop]it's boring[/drop]

I would literally need to setup each picture individually and most likely host each pic.
I was thinking along the lines that it would be 1 specific flickr account and put something of an if then statement say so if the name = "its boring" then (code for image) and just add on tot eh if then statement for each pic that is added.
Or we could put the text on pictures (ie Burgandy) and have the link to the pictures in a pull down menu.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Maybe create a custom phpBB plugin? That's a little bit of work though...
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
admin Wrote:Or we could put the text on pictures (ie Burgandy) and have the link to the pictures in a pull down menu.
that could work
0rz0ski Wrote:Maybe create a custom phpBB plugin? That's a little bit of work though...
either way yeah. we have enough programming minds here that if there is any troubles we can find a way to create it to make it easy to update.
Opus Wrote:
Code:
[drop]
Code:
[drop]it's boring[/drop]

Actually, now that I have had a chance to think about this, I could add these as smilies, so for example, it could be like :burgundy: and it would show that pic.

I would have to remove the smilies from the quick reply obviously if I did that, but a popup link to available smilies/drops would not be hard to code and a little javascript would allow the users to still click on them to insert them.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Opus Wrote:
Opus Wrote:
Code:
[drop]
Code:
[drop]it's boring[/drop]

Actually, now that I have had a chance to think about this, I could add these as smilies, so for example, it could be like :burgundy: and it would show that pic.

I would have to remove the smilies from the quick reply obviously if I did that, but a popup link to available smilies/drops would not be hard to code and a little javascript would allow the users to still click on them to insert them.
I like the idea, for the popup description you can have the quote from the drop. maybe you could put the drops in the popup link, depends on what people would use more.
admin Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:when clicking on a persons name next to their post it does not go to their profile, you have to click on their pic above it, if they have no avatar then it doesnt work at all.

Taken care of. Please let me know if you see any bugs with it though.. the code in that section has been modified a couple of times and I want to make sure I haven't screwed anything up.
Opus Wrote:
Opus Wrote:
Code:
[drop]
Code:
[drop]it's boring[/drop]

I would have to remove the smilies from the quick reply obviously if I did that, but a popup link to available smilies/drops would not be hard to code and a little javascript would allow the users to still click on them to insert them. This is already built into phpBB and I wouldn't have to remove the smilies off the page. I'm a genius and didn't know it.
Opus Wrote:
admin Wrote:

Taken care of. Please let me know if you see any bugs with it though.. the code in that section has been modified a couple of times and I want to make sure I haven't screwed anything up.
works nice
Opus Wrote:I would have to remove the smilies from the quick reply obviously if I did that, but a popup link to available smilies/drops would not be hard to code and a little javascript would allow the users to still click on them to insert them. This is already built into phpBB and I wouldn't have to remove the smilies off the page. I'm a genius and didn't know it.

So someone needs to volunteer to add the text of drops to pictures.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:
Opus Wrote:I would have to remove the smilies from the quick reply obviously if I did that, but a popup link to available smilies/drops would not be hard to code and a little javascript would allow the users to still click on them to insert them. This is already built into phpBB and I wouldn't have to remove the smilies off the page. I'm a genius and didn't know it.

I think we all can work on this as time goes on, those who don't know how to edit can suggest to others, maybe have a suggestion thread for those. if you just need software you can look into GIMP, it is an open source graphical editing tool with a lot of add-ons. only thing is that most add on's you need some sort of programming knowledge to impliment but the program itself can be used by just downloading and installing.

if you want i can set up a flickr for this, unless someone else wants to .
Philly Mike Wrote:
admin Wrote:

I think we all can work on this as time goes on, those who don't know how to edit can suggest to others, maybe have a suggestion thread for those. if you just need software you can look into GIMP, it is an open source graphical editing tool with a lot of add-ons. only thing is that most add on's you need some sort of programming knowledge to impliment but the program itself can be used by just downloading and installing.

Lets setup a thread and go ahead and link all the pictures there. Once we have accumulated them, I will save them all and upload them to the server here. For this to work, these images HAVE to reside in the Smilie folder.

Mike, I am deputizing you to head this project up. Now get to work!
Opus Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:
admin Wrote:

Lets setup a thread and go ahead and link all the pictures there. Once we have accumulated them, I will save them all and upload them to the server here. For this to work, these images HAVE to reside in the Smilie folder.

YES SIR!!!
[Image: salute.jpg]
Is there anyway to add a more comprehensive language package to the spell check? I find that the bigger the word, the less spell check has any suggestions and I can already spell the little words pretty good, but I like the BIG words too !! Smile
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Titan! Wrote:New title please.

Nikon Ninja.

Thanks.

And kudos on making the sigs readable

Bump. Still waiting.
Wowie Groovie !
Mad Dog Wrote:Is there anyway to add a more comprehensive language package to the spell check? I find that the bigger the word, the less spell check has any suggestions and I can already spell the little words pretty good, but I like the BIG words too !! Smile

I could be wrong but I think I remember Opus saying it was the best he could find. For the time being we're going to have to make suggestions and when you know a word is spelt correctly we need to hit the 'learn' button so that the checker learns that word as correct.

ha, maybe we could start spell checking posts for the 'last letter game' or any 'wheel of bad games' word games so that the checker gets more words cycled through it.
Thanks to Opus for the new Spoiler tags.

Click to view
[spoiler]You rock Opus![/spoiler]

[spoiler=Another spoiler]This also rocks.[/spoiler]
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Let me know what you think of the new recent posts box at the top of the index page.

I'm thinking about moving it to below the forums. May put this to a vote if I receive mixed feedback.
Opus Wrote:Let me know what you think of the new recent posts box at the top of the index page.

I'm thinking about moving it to below the forums. May put this to a vote if I receive mixed feedback.
I like it but i think it should be an option in the UCP same with where it goes. I like it on top but some may not. Also would be cool to be able to edit how many posts are shown at a time. another suggestion, make it so that you can set which threads show up there. (like I would like to take out sportier than thou and podcast questions.)
I understand if it is a lot to do and can't be done, but these are just thoughts.
Opus Wrote:Let me know what you think of the new recent posts box at the top of the index page.

I like it, it's a nice touch. On the old board I liked knowing who posted last in what so :thumbup:
That's what she said.
Not my favorite thing in the world, but I could live with it.
I don't like that it only shows the newest 5 threads....I understand that the page would get huge if it were even 10 so i'll just say it's not my favorite.

Also, like allyson stated. In the board indexes it says something like:

Can't Wait to Talk about Blank
blah blah blah last post by Titan.

Could it say,
Last post by Titan in I'm gay?
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Could it say,
Last post by Titan in I'm gay?

:lol: :lol:
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I like it.
What? I didn't do it.
i'm back to bitch more....i like it better on top :lol:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i'm back to bitch more....i like it better on top :lol:

I bet you do.
What? I didn't do it.
I moved it all the way to the bottom. I think I like it better there. Its out of the way of the forum itself, but still easily accessible.
Opus Wrote:I moved it all the way to the bottom. I think I like it better there. Its out of the way of the forum itself, but still easily accessible.
Easily accessible and on the bottom is good, but maybe you could make it reverse cowgirl?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I like it right where it is now, cause it is out of the way and yet easy to get to when you want to see the most recent posts.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Opus Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:
admin Wrote:

We have well over 30 of them for now, I am sure there will be more to update in the future, but I think this is enough for a good start to put in the regular setup here (and maybe even in chat... )
Can we have a second chat room channel, so that when we play DTZ the Live listeners and the online listeners can compete against each other?

0rz0ski Wrote:Can we have a second chat room channel, so that when we play DTZ the Live listeners and the online listeners can compete against each other?
maybe even give the ability to let people create a channel, and when there are no users in the room it is deleted.
Just wanted to let you know that I have seen these posts, but I will be unable to do much with them for a week or so unless somthing changes.

Have been extremely busy as of late, only having enough time to try and catch up on some threads and post a post or two at a time.
Opus Wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I have seen these posts, but I will be unable to do much with them for a week or so unless somthing changes.

Have been extremely busy as of late, only having enough time to try and catch up on some threads and post a post or two at a time.

understood, I am sure everyone here should be able to relate to having RL things to deal with.