Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum Questions, suggestions, etc
Is there a way to add the option of users choosing the thread size? Like instead of 20 posts per page, we could choose to cut it down to 10? That would be awesome, if it were possible.
What? I didn't do it.
I will look into it.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
I've been on other forums with that option, so I'll bet there's code floating out around there somewhere.
Is there a way to get a showing on the page of who is in the chat?
Kind of like seeing who is signed in on the board but with the chat room.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:Is there a way to get a showing on the page of who is in the chat?
Kind of like seeing who is signed in on the board but with the chat room.

That's a really good suggestion. Possibly have a pop up window show who is in chat when the link is clicked?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
is there any way to make it so that a person can change thier choice in a poll?
Philly Mike Wrote:is there any way to make it so that a person can change thier choice in a poll?

I'm pretty sure that that is optional for whoever created the poll.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:is there any way to make it so that a person can change thier choice in a poll?

I'm pretty sure that that is optional for whoever created the poll.
I looked when i made the deadliest show host thread and couldn't find that option, the only option was to make more than one selection.
MissyT Wrote:Is there a way to add the option of users choosing the thread size? Like instead of 20 posts per page, we could choose to cut it down to 10? That would be awesome, if it were possible.

You can now set your posts per page in the User Control Panel link at the top.

It is under Board Preferences, Display Options.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Opus Wrote:
MissyT Wrote:Is there a way to add the option of users choosing the thread size? Like instead of 20 posts per page, we could choose to cut it down to 10? That would be awesome, if it were possible.

Awesome!! Thanks Opus. :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
What? I didn't do it.
Opus Wrote:

[Image: sweetnessx10.jpg]

only issue is that it doesn't show the true page count until you get into the thread...

lol the pictures better unposted thread and the youtube thread take longer to load with the post count set to 100 but the ends justifies the means.
Philly Mike Wrote:
Opus Wrote:

only issue is that it doesn't show the true page count until you get into the thread...

lol the pictures better unposted thread and the youtube thread take longer to load with the post count set to 100 but the ends justifies the means.
oops.. should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out.
Opus Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:
Opus Wrote:

oops.. should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out.

i thought it all worked, check the recent topics one too... It's not all that much of a big deal, but it may give a hard time when trying to find a specific page.
Ok.. I think I fixed that too as well as the search. Let me know if you find more.
how about an optional word censor. some of us don't mind the swears.
I agree, how about making the fucking word censor fucking optional for us fucking adults ?
Wowie Groovie !
The "eff" continues to exist because it matches the show. I think it's funnier that way.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
how about a jimbo/janebo account with an open password that anyone can access, and even use a proxy site to hide IP... i think proxy sites can do that at least.
This way we have a true anonymous thing we can do if someone has something they wish to get off thier chest that is..
That would be abused in a heartbeat.
Opus Wrote:That would be abused in a heartbeat.
i dont know
I think that the people here may actually honor it for what it is. especially if there are people out there who wish to use it.
trust me.. that would immediately turn into a big joke about not being able to tell who posted.
Philly Mike Wrote:
Opus Wrote:That would be abused in a heartbeat.
i dont know
I think that the people here may actually honor it for what it is. especially if there are people out there who wish to use it.

I agree with Opus. If you really have a beef with someone then take it to PM.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I think Mike is thinking of it as a Jimbo/Janebo like the show uses it. There would be room for funny threads where people could really discuss openly. But I agree that it would get abused.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I think Mike is thinking of it as a Jimbo/Janebo like the show uses it. There would be room for funny threads where people could really discuss openly. But I agree that it would get abused.
this is what i mean, if someone wants to say something revealing without anyone knowing it is them. Nothing to do about other people trash talking one another. lol if i have problems with people i call them out on it.

Just listening to the show you can see there are a ton of people who want to say things but don't want to be known at all.

I guess i am too trusting of people though, i figured that people here would at least have the maturity to be able to use such a thing without being a complete ass about it.
Philly Mike Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I think Mike is thinking of it as a Jimbo/Janebo like the show uses it. There would be room for funny threads where people could really discuss openly. But I agree that it would get abused.
this is what i mean, if someone wants to say something revealing without anyone knowing it is them. Nothing to do about other people trash talking one another. lol if i have problems with people i call them out on it.

Just listening to the show you can see there are a ton of people who want to say things but don't want to be known at all.

I guess i am too trusting of people though, i figured that people here would at least have the maturity to be able to use such a thing without being a complete ass about it.
Thats the thing.. you trust people too much. We all know what happens in the real world though.
I think it's a decent idea in theory but it would end up being abused which would create more work for the moderators. I wish I could say that people are mature enough to not overstep the boundaries set up with a Janebo/Jimbo account, but that just isn't the case.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:The "eff" continues to exist because it matches the show. I think it's funnier that way.

The only reason they say it on the show is because they're regulated by the FCC.

And just because YOU think it's funnier doesn't make it so.

And Eff just looks like a pussy who's too afraid to say the real word.
Wowie Groovie !
What the fux your problem?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
sigh
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
[Image: utoh.jpg]
admin Wrote:I think it's a decent idea in theory but it would end up being abused which would create more work for the moderators. I wish I could say that people are mature enough to not overstep the boundaries set up with a Janebo/Jimbo account, but that just isn't the case.

well if you want maybe we could just have it set to one sub forum. On top of that I will volunteer myself to moderate just that forum and any abuses can be deleted. I don't need control over any other parts of the forum. I probably wouldn't post in that section because anything i have to say about myself i am not shy about so i would be completely neutral and by restricting the account to just one sub forum would make it easy to keep an eye over and delete anything inappropriate, you could have a way to make the password unchangeable and the avatar unchangeable too. lock everything except for the ability to post in the anonymous section.
I know I seem a little persistent with it but i think there may be some interesting things that can come from it, or it could just be a complete failure anyway. either way the restriction would also make it easy to eradicate all traces of it in the case of a complete failure.
Philly Mike Wrote:
admin Wrote:I think it's a decent idea in theory but it would end up being abused which would create more work for the moderators. I wish I could say that people are mature enough to not overstep the boundaries set up with a Janebo/Jimbo account, but that just isn't the case.

well if you want maybe we could just have it set to one sub forum. On top of that I will volunteer myself to moderate just that forum and any abuses can be deleted. I don't need control over any other parts of the forum. I probably wouldn't post in that section because anything i have to say about myself i am not shy about so i would be completely neutral and by restricting the account to just one sub forum would make it easy to keep an eye over and delete anything inappropriate, you could have a way to make the password unchangeable and the avatar unchangeable too. lock everything except for the ability to post in the anonymous section.
I know I seem a little persistent with it but i think there may be some interesting things that can come from it, or it could just be a complete failure anyway. either way the restriction would also make it easy to eradicate all traces of it in the case of a complete failure.

What if you fall down and poke your eyes out? Then you couldn't Moderate anymore.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:

What if you fall down and poke your eyes out? Then you couldn't Moderate anymore.

What if you ate a bowl of rusty nails? you would probably catch a case of heartburn...
I'll think about it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:What the fux your problem?

My problem now is the same as all of my problems in the past have been.

You Biff are only 1 person, yet you still have the power to make arbitrary decisions to affect the entire community. And you don't seem to think this is a problem or an issue, and you're happy to allow it to continue.

Let me say this AGAIN.

Biff this is not your message board.

Yes you created it with FB and HW's permission. However the community here has grown to something much larger than just you.

Please realize this.
Wowie Groovie !
Oh for crying out loud.

It always amazes me how listeners to the FBHW show can be so humorless sometimes.

You see, when you post something about not censoring the word Eff, and then I reply with a derivative of the word Eff, that's called humor.

That said, Titan, go drink some cranberry juice.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:Oh for crying out loud.

It always amazes me how listeners to the FBHW show can be so humorless sometimes.

You see, when you post something about not censoring the word Eff, and then I reply with a derivative of the word Eff, that's called humor.

That said, Titan, go drink some cranberry juice.

Yes Yes. Cranberry juice and pick the sand out of my vagina. I should have taken this to PM instead of being a crying bitch about it.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:pick the sand out of my vagina.

hmm... Thank you for the quote Smile
Although I think a Jimbo account could lead to some interesting things, I'm in the same boat that there would be too big of a risk of it getting abused. If there were an easy way to have a way of having some sort of accountability with it, such as a specified Moderator/Admin could know who was doing what with it, that might help... but then again, that defeats the purpose of it being a Jimbo account.

As for the "eff" thing, I like it that way. I think it seems funnier that way, and ever so slightly more intelligent. Not really sure why, but when I see that word being typed out, I often find myself thinking something along the lines of, "Is that the best you can come up with?" At least with 'eff' it appears that there was some sort of thought/creativity put into trying to "censor" the word.
potthole Wrote:As for the "eff" thing, I like it that way. I think it seems funnier that way, and ever so slightly more intelligent. Not really sure why, but when I see that word being typed out, I often find myself thinking something along the lines of, "Is that the best you can come up with?" At least with 'eff' it appears that there was some sort of thought/creativity put into trying to "censor" the word.
Okay ...
[Image: tylenolPM-1.jpg]