Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another reason I don
8ballquarterpocket Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:I get precious little love Pat, thanks.
Oh do you need a little pat on the back?

Wow, english class must be working miracles for you 8. That was perfect.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:So you have closed your mind to any other possibility than God said it, that settles it.

Oh and by the way, may Satan strike you down because you have appointed yourself judge over every doubter and unbeliever.

These are the two ideas that make me dislike American/European religions so much. If God exists he has never spoken to anyone one Earth, especially the people in the bible stories. The bible is a fairytale book written by some men who wanted everyone to live their way. I admit, there are some good morals in the bible, but the rest is so full of pure bullcrap that you can tell they tried too hard. God doesn't tell people what to do, they either are so deep into their religion that they see and misunderstand things around them and interperate things in a way that can be incorporated into their beliefs, or they're insane. People who have talked to God are liers and use it as an excuse to get everyone to believe things their way.

As for the second sentence, doesn't the bible say something about love thy neighbor and to forgive everyone? This is something a slim amount of religious fanatics do. Preaching against gays is probably the most well known example. If you followed "the word of God" then you would let them live in sin and trust God to deal with them in the end. Apparently it's ok to pick and choose what parts of the bible you like and then look down on others who don't buy into it. Not all people who believe in God acts this way, but there are way too many. It just makes no sense to me.
crotchtan Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:So you have closed your mind to any other possibility than God said it, that settles it.

Oh and by the way, may Satan strike you down because you have appointed yourself judge over every doubter and unbeliever.

These are the two ideas that make me dislike American/European religions so much. If God exists he has never spoken to anyone one Earth, especially the people in the bible stories. The bible is a fairytale book written by some men who wanted everyone to live their way. I admit, there are some good morals in the bible, but the rest is so full of pure bullcrap that you can tell they tried too hard. God doesn't tell people what to do, they either are so deep into their religion that they see and misunderstand things around them and interperate things in a way that can be incorporated into their beliefs, or they're insane. People who have talked to God are liers and use it as an excuse to get everyone to believe things their way.

As for the second sentence, doesn't the bible say something about love thy neighbor and to forgive everyone? This is something a slim amount of religious fanatics do. Preaching against gays is probably the most well known example. If you followed "the word of God" then you would let them live in sin and trust God to deal with them in the end. Apparently it's ok to pick and choose what parts of the bible you like and then look down on others who don't buy into it. Not all people who believe in God acts this way, but there are way too many. It just makes no sense to me.

The guy that wrote the first quote is agnostic
[quote
Oh and by the way, may Satan strike you down because you have appointed yourself judge over every doubter and unbeliever.[/quote]

This attack on a person obviously blinded by her religion was irony meant to use her religious fears against her not a statement of my belief in Satan. Since I am agnostic, if there is no God then obviously there is no Satan, however if it is true that there is a God, then the existence of Satan is a very good possibility.

Having said that, to my knowledge, there is absolutely no physical evidence that either have ever existed. If someone on this board can show physical evidence of a God or a Satan I would gladly believe, until then it seems to me a great amount of psycho-babble, parlor tricks and bullshit.

Just because bad people love to do bad things, that in and of itself is NOT proof of Satan. And just because you believe with all your heart that God exists and cares for you personally, also is not definitive proof in the existence of God. You can talk, type, belittle, debate, or conj-ole all day but that is not proof, and if you do believe it is faith not fact.
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
patfromportland Wrote:
crotchtan Wrote:These are the two ideas that make me dislike American/European religions so much. If God exists he has never spoken to anyone one Earth, especially the people in the bible stories. The bible is a fairytale book written by some men who wanted everyone to live their way. I admit, there are some good morals in the bible, but the rest is so full of pure bullcrap that you can tell they tried too hard. God doesn't tell people what to do, they either are so deep into their religion that they see and misunderstand things around them and interperate things in a way that can be incorporated into their beliefs, or they're insane. People who have talked to God are liers and use it as an excuse to get everyone to believe things their way.

The guy that wrote the first quote is agnostic

+1 for being intellegent!