Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things You Hate / Annoyances
[quote="airhornahole"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]

It really is part of the game, I played soccer for ten years and the coach would tell us to
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
the reason soccer hasn't caught on is because of how simple-minded we are and can't focus on a sport that's so uneventfull.

if your biggest grief about soccer is the over-reacting and constant foul calling, go watch a NBA game and tell me how soccer is so terrible.

i'm done.
Fistor Wrote:
Jo Wrote:you hate soccer? it's a game of endurance so i can understand if it doesn't appeal to someone like you.

I said I want to like it. I love the tradition of it and the fact that it's popular all over the world. You can find a competitive match between teams from completely different continents, and have been able to for years.

Endurance? I see a bunch of slow jogging interrupted by a few spurts of sprinting, not full out running from one side of the field to the next. I'd wager an average NBA player's average heart rate over the span of an entire game is much more than a professional soccer player.

How many overweight Soccer players have you seen? Zero. How about in the NBA? About 1 per team.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I said I want to like it. I love the tradition of it and the fact that it's popular all over the world. You can find a competitive match between teams from completely different continents, and have been able to for years.

Endurance? I see a bunch of slow jogging interrupted by a few spurts of sprinting, not full out running from one side of the field to the next. I'd wager an average NBA player's average heart rate over the span of an entire game is much more than a professional soccer player.

How many overweight Soccer players have you seen? Zero. How about in the NBA? About 1 per team.

example:
[Image: shaq.jpg]
Hey lay off the football kickers. My son was a place kicker and did a damn good job at it. He was also an inside linebacker and had the 2nd highest tackles in the county his senior year. He got nailed a couple of times, but he didn't do any flailing. He just waited for defense to come and cleaned their clock when he got . . or made . . the chance.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:How many overweight Soccer players have you seen? Zero. How about in the NBA? About 1 per team.

example:
[Image: shaq.jpg]

He doesn't have to be in shape. The court is so small and he is tall enough that 4 steps and he's at the other end. Then he can stand there with his hands up. Damn, that does sound tough.
Jo Wrote:the reason soccer hasn't caught on is because of how simple-minded we are and can't focus on a sport that's so uneventfull.

if your biggest grief about soccer is the over-reacting and constant foul calling, go watch a NBA game and tell me how soccer is so terrible.

i'm done.

My biggest grief about soccer is the flopping that has become so prevelant that it's an accepted part of the game and used as a means to gain an advantage over an opponent. Seems more than a bit dishonest and cheap. It also seems to me that a game in which this type of dishonesty is allowed loses a bit of integrity.

The NBA certainly has it's fair share of over-reacters and whiners, and that's what I hate about that sport as well. But I'm glad to see they're finally going to institute a long-overdue rule against flopping this year.

Like I asked, does seeing the flopping that goes on in soccer matches bother you (or whomever else plays soccer here)?
Fistor Wrote:
Jo Wrote:the reason soccer hasn't caught on is because of how simple-minded we are and can't focus on a sport that's so uneventfull.

i'm done.

My biggest grief about soccer is the flopping that has become so prevelant that it's an accepted part of the game and used as a means to gain an advantage over an opponent. Seems more than a bit dishonest and cheap. It also seems to me that a game in which this type of dishonesty is allowed loses a bit of integrity.

The NBA certainly has it's fair share of over-reacters and whiners, and that's what I hate about that sport as well. But I'm glad to see they're finally going to institute a long-overdue rule against flopping this year.

Like I asked, does seeing the flopping that goes on in soccer matches bother you (or whomever else plays soccer here)?

If the game continues play it don
Rock Monster Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I said I want to like it. I love the tradition of it and the fact that it's popular all over the world. You can find a competitive match between teams from completely different continents, and have been able to for years.

Like I said, it's debatable. Of course there are lazy basketball players who don't do the work that other players do. I was speculating that the average heart rate of an average NBA player is more than an average heart rate of an average soccer player.

I could be wrong, but that's beside the point. My real issue is with the flopping.
[quote="wienerpoopie"]
If the game continues play it don
Did Becky actually run off because I had a problem with a sport she plays?
Fistor Wrote:Did Becky actually run off because I had a problem with a sport she plays?

You can be quite the ahole.
She
airhornahole Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Did Becky actually run off because I had a problem with a sport she plays?

You can be quite the ahole.

It's a burden I must bear.

How 'bout I post an annoyance she could understand, you know, to draw her back?

I find it annoying that they just can't seem to make a comfortable 6" spiked heel.
Fistor Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:You can be quite the ahole.

It's a burden I must bear.

How 'bout I post an annoyance she could understand, you know, to draw her back?

I find it annoying that they just can't seem to make a comfortable 6" spiked heel.

Do you mean on your foot, or the one she's going to put up your ass?
People who yell at other people's kids. Now don't get me wrong, I hate poorly disciplined kids as much as anybody, but I use this merely as an opportunity to judge their parents.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:People who yell at other people's kids. Now don't get me wrong, I hate poorly disciplined kids as much as anybody, but I use this merely as an opportunity to judge their parents.

I totally agree with you Allyson. Even with me and Plungee, I don't discipline his kids and he doesn't discipline mine.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
[quote="wienerpoopie"]She
But I love yelling at random kids, like at the movies or at the skate park
Queenie Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:People who yell at other people's kids. Now don't get me wrong, I hate poorly disciplined kids as much as anybody, but I use this merely as an opportunity to judge their parents.

I totally agree with you Allyson. Even with me and Plungee, I don't discipline his kids and he doesn't discipline mine.

...I have kids?? :o
[quote="wienerpoopie"]But I love yelling at random kids, like at the movies or at the skate park
jus' P Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I totally agree with you Allyson. Even with me and Plungee, I don't discipline his kids and he doesn't discipline mine.

...I have kids?? :o

You said they were yours . . .
[quote="jus' P"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]But I love yelling at random kids, like at the movies or at the skate park

no butthead. i went for a swim, go outside! it's nice out yo!
Jo Wrote:

Do I have your approval to leave work an hour early and go swimming?
Jo Wrote:

Must be nice not to have to work :Smile
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
Jo Wrote:no butthead. i went for a swim, go outside! it's nice out yo!

Must be nice not to have to work :Smile

starting Monday that'll change so....Tongue
Jo Wrote:

Did you stop halfway through your swim and act like you had a leg cramp?
[quote="Queenie"]

Crap, I can't remember the comedian's name, but he had a joke that I thought was very true.

When telling rules he'd make if he ran the world: "If your kid is being an ass in public and you don't smack them- I can!"
annoyances---1. people who don't know how a line works (get behind someone and wait your turn, dick) 2. cell phone loud talkers...3. people who speak in text while talking (i.e.,tmi, lol)..4. the judicial system...5. north korea
People that say don't be hating.
I agree that paintings that are just random colors splashed on a canvas shouldn't really be called art. But again, that's my opininon. I'm not a great artist but I'm above average. That stuff just never appealed to my personal taste. I can see why some would hate it and why others would defend it strongly. Not my cup of tea though.

Soccer? Never been a fan. But clearly there's something to it if it's like the number one sport everywhere besides the USA. It's definitely one of the more interesting Olympic events. It's hard to get into a sport that gets so little coverage here. Based on how much running around those players do though I'd say they're probably better at endurance than most of the athletes in other sport.

I love these hot button issues.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
potthole Wrote:

Crap, I can't remember the comedian's name, but he had a joke that I thought was very true.

When telling rules he'd make if he ran the world: "If your kid is being an ass in public and you don't smack them- I can!"

Sounds like Christopher Titus, but not sure. Either way, he's hilarious
People who say "my bad".

Most. Annoying. Phrase. Ever.

When I hear someone say that I immediately being to tune them out and dismiss their intelligence.

Same goes for the tilted/crooked hat and baggy pants.

The following is a list of intelligent people who contribute positively to society who wear tilted/crooked hats and/or baggy pants below their ass:
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
and lest we forget: Wiggers.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
gar1713 Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Crap, I can't remember the comedian's name, but he had a joke that I thought was very true.

Sounds like Christopher Titus, but not sure. Either way, he's hilarious

Don't think it was Titus, although I agree he'd say something like that. I've got a clear picture of the guy in my mind, but just can't remember his name.
Blue-tooth headset users in public. It is OK in your car, or maybe at home, but do you really need your hands that much when you are walking down the Walmart isle? Plus you look like a window licker when the headset is not visible. It looks like you are talking to yourself.
people who don't give soccer players and swimmers enough credit.