Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking While Pregnant
well i'm not really sure either, but if it was illegal, then more people would smoke anyway. that's the problem with weed being illegal. the only reason the people i know smoke it is the thrill of doing something illegal
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
[Image: fail-1.jpg]
That was awesome!! Some people, I swear!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
The question is:

Was the newspaper making fun of her by publishing the picture and the story, or were they just as oblivous/ stupid as her?
I know someone who smoked while preggo so she wouldn't have a big baby and she didn't give a flying f*#k what anyone said to her....baby weighed 5 lb11oz and was 16" at birth (full term) now she's worried cause the baby isn't gaining weight. I don't even think she was trying to get pregnant. I actually got pregnant ON the pill and didn't realize it untill I was around 10 weeks. Meanwhile I was smoking and drinking, having a good time. I was sooo scared that I had harmed the baby, I couldn't imagine doing all that knowing I had a little life growing inside of me...she's perfect by the way 8lbs 5 oz 20 1/2". I started smoking after she was born but I quit for good over a year 1/2 ago. Now I can't even stand the smell of it. I know how hard it is to quit but you've got to put your priorities in order. And I do think its sad that people like me can get pregnant without even trying while people who are desperate for kids can't....most days I can't even stand to be around my kids (don't smite me, I'm just kidding) If your trying to get pregnant I tell people to go on the pill for about a year then "miss" a couple during your fertile days....a friend of mine had twins this way.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:The question is:

Was the newspaper making fun of her by publishing the picture and the story, or were they just as oblivous/ stupid as her?

They published that on purpose to show how stupid some people are.....smoking while pregnant but worried about jackhammer noise....DUHHHH!!!! drop/I'm stupid!!/drop
your momma Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:The question is:

They published that on purpose to show how stupid some people are.....smoking while pregnant but worried about jackhammer noise....DUHHHH!!!! drop/I'm stupid!!/drop

I'm hoping that "duh" and "I'm stupid" drop was aimed at the preggo woman and not me....???
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
your momma Wrote:They published that on purpose to show how stupid some people are.....smoking while pregnant but worried about jackhammer noise....DUHHHH!!!! drop/I'm stupid!!/drop

I'm hoping that "duh" and "I'm stupid" drop was aimed at the preggo woman and not me....???

of course it was for her! she's a dumbass...sorry for the confusion.
I'm nursing student and there are major risks if a women smokes throughout the pregnancy:

Inactivates matenal-fetal hemoglobin
IUGR (intra uterine growth restriction)
Low birth rate
prematurity
Neurological/intellectual delays into childhood
SIDS occurs twice as often
Kids who's mothers that smoke are more likely to smoke as adults
increase risk for spontanous abortion, PROM, plentca privia
I dont like smoking at all. My wife's sister smoked while she was prego and it pissed us both off. They passed a law about no smoking indoors at all. Makes going to the bar much more enjoyable. And it is also illegal to smoke in a vehicle if there is more than one person in it.
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I'm a former smoker, and I guess I'm still all for letting people smoke, because quite frankly if you outlaw smoking because its bad for you then whats next? Fast Food because of obesity? Alcohol *again* because of all the negative effects that "can" be associated with it. Loud music due to potential hearing loss. I mean come on enough child proofing the world if grow adults wanna do something to themselves that causes harm then really you have to let them or when do you draw the line.

That being said, a pregnant woman smoking is digusting. Yes she is a grown woman *most of the time* but she is doing something that is harming her soon to be child. Thus she is not only harming herself but another. Also smoking around kids is just wrong too.

I find it nasty that when I walk into a supermarket, or elsewhere that I have to walk through a plethora of smokers, and their cloud of smoke to get into the store. I take care not to smoke anymore myself, and thus my children aren't smoked around and I have to bathe myself in that lovely aroma to obtain groceries. Ew.

Okay fine don't outlaw public smoking *refer to my first paragraph* but at least set the allocated smoking area far enough out of the way so that those of us who are wanting to avoid second hand smoke can do just that avoid it.

I learned in a political science class something that made sense to me: My rights end where yours begin. As long as enjoying my rights do not infringe upon yours everything is okay. Its when my rights start to inhibit your ability to enjoy/persue yours that there is a problem.
boizalynne Wrote:Today on the show they were talking about pregnant woman smoking....
This was the very first time that I got so angry at the responses that I was hearing that I had to change the station.
Very few things on this planet make me more furious and repulsed than seeing an obviously pregnant woman smoking....
I just wanted to see what everyone else thought...

I agree, even though it is a woman's right to do whatever they want, but then theres the thing where the child has rights n that jus cuz the womans stupid, the child shouldn't have to suffer.
So maybe they should make a few laws about that, no drinking or smoking or any acttivity that would endanger the child, if one rule were broken then they'd have to be put into some sort of containment.
But eh oh well.