Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ax/ask
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Did anyone know that Walmart used to be called Walmart's? It's true.

Nice! +1

Although, I have heard some old-timers call it that. Hmmm...maybe you are correct sir.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Did anyone know that Walmart used to be called Walmart's? It's true.

Hey don't leave out Krogers.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:

the strip club?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Kroger's is another grocery store chain. In Michigan, they are around Detroit. None in GR though.
brytn Wrote:

Nice! +1

Although, I have heard some old-timers call it that. Hmmm...maybe you are correct sir.

Yeah. I've lived out in Smyrna (too) for the past four years, and I don't think I've ever heard so maney people say "Super Walmart's" or "the new Super Target's" so many times in my life.
Queenie Wrote:

Or Publix's
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
brytn Wrote:Nice! +1

Yeah. I've lived out in Smyrna (too) for the past four years, and I don't think I've ever heard so maney people say "Super Walmart's" or "the new Super Target's" so many times in my life.

in kalamazoo all the employees wear capes....super....get it......yeeeeah :Smile
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Yeah. I've lived out in Smyrna (too) for the past four years, and I don't think I've ever heard so maney people say "Super Walmart's" or "the new Super Target's" so many times in my life.

in kalamazoo all the employees wear capes....super....get it......yeeeeah :Smile

In Smyrna, Super just means that the old greeter at the door has all their teeth.
Actually, I hear more of "Walmarks" than "Walmarts".
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:Actually, I hear more of "Walmarks" than "Walmarts".

HAHA!

I don't think it's appropriate for me to have an outburst of laughter like that at work, so you're going to need to keep truths like that to yourself....um...never mind, keep them coming.
of course, if you head out to the 'hood, it would be Walmarx, right?
lurkingfinger Wrote:I work with a guy who is college educated, born & raised in the U.S., and he says "birfday", "exscaped," "bofe" instead of "both," and once a year I get to hear him say "Valentimes day!!"

He's 50 years old....How the hell do you go that far through life without correcting such moronic talk.

Do you happen to work at the same company as me...that dude works with me too! Of course there are only 7 employees here so I doubt it, but that sounds exactly like the guy here. He also says "Munf" instead of month.

What erks me and I know a lot of people do it, is when people say "eye-talian" instead of italian. They aren't from friggin' Eye-taly! Supposably is another pet peeve as well as the term pet peeve.

Now if you will all excuse me I am going to go home and eat a sammich now.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:of course, if you head out to the 'hood, it would be Walmarx, right?

Same pronunciation, different spelling. Tongue
Rock Monster Wrote:
theterribletwist Wrote:
Admin Wrote:"Meijer" used to be "Meijers". They shortened it up a few years ago.
That is not true. It has always been only 'Meijer'. Even when it was still referred to as 'Thrifty Acres', it was 'Meijer Thrifty Acres'.

Agreed. Being "in the know" like I am, it has NEVER been Meijer's. It was Meijer Thrifty Acers when it started. (having family that has worked there about 30 years, and myself working there and having to learn the history, I'd like to think of myself as an expert!)

Try again kids. Look at the name of the store that Hendrick is standing in front of.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrifty-years-life...0802800386

And this one too:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/...images_all
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Agreed. Being "in the know" like I am, it has NEVER been Meijer's. It was Meijer Thrifty Acers when it started. (having family that has worked there about 30 years, and myself working there and having to learn the history, I'd like to think of myself as an expert!)

Try again kids. Look at the name of the store that Hendrick is standing in front of.

And this one too:

Case closed.
Do you happen to work at the same company as me...that dude works with me too! Of course there are only 7 employees here so I doubt it, but that sounds exactly like the guy here. He also says "Munf" instead of month.

What erks me and I know a lot of people do it, is when people say "eye-talian" instead of italian. They aren't from friggin' Eye-taly! Supposably is another pet peeve as well as the term pet peeve.

.............yup this dude says "sammich" too...also "pobably" instead of "probably"...as someone else mentioned.

and I know what you mean...I have heard a few people say "eye-talion." He also likes to add an "S" to the end of our company name ...as others seem to do ...regarding the above mentioned retail stores. We are a publishing company ie "blank Publishing." He sits next to the receptionist, hears her say the company name 100 times a day and sees it on his computer when he logs in everyday...yet he still says "publishings." when he answers the phone, when that part of the company name is really "publishing"
lurkingfinger Wrote:Do you happen to work at the same company as me...that dude works with me too! Of course there are only 7 employees here so I doubt it, but that sounds exactly like the guy here. He also says "Munf" instead of month.

.............yup this dude says "sammich" too...also "pobably" instead of "probably"...as someone else mentioned.

and I know what you mean...I have heard a few people say "eye-talion." He also likes to add an "S" to the end of our company name ...as others seem to do ...regarding the above mentioned retail stores. We are a publishing company ie "blank Publishing." He sits next to the receptionist, hears her say the company name 100 times a day and sees it on his computer when he logs in everyday...yet he still says "publishings." when he answers the phone, when that part of the company name is really "publishing"

or A-rab, I have uncles that say that and I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes. I had a friend from CA that said "sammich" about 8 years ago and I thought it was endearing because he was otherwise very well-spoken but it gets on my nerves when I hear anyone else say it now like it's trendy or something
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Admin Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Agreed. Being "in the know" like I am, it has NEVER been Meijer's. It was Meijer Thrifty Acers when it started. (having family that has worked there about 30 years, and myself working there and having to learn the history, I'd like to think of myself as an expert!)

And this one too:

This is why I've learned that when Biff says he knows something, more often than not, he really honestly does.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Try again kids. Look at the name of the store that Hendrick is standing in front of.

And this one too:

Case closed.

Thank God. Now I can sleep tonight!! :Smile
Torque Wrote:or A-rab, I have uncles that say that and I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes. I had a friend from CA that said "sammich" about 8 years ago and I thought it was endearing because he was otherwise very well-spoken but it gets on my nerves when I hear anyone else say it now like it's trendy or something

Speaking of trendy, I am annoyed when people say "Tarjay" instead of Target. It doesn't bother me as much as some of the others, but it still annoys me.

The other one that really gets me annoyed is when people say "I 'seen' him do it" instead of saw.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Admin Wrote:

And this one too:

It's Photoshopped.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Admin Wrote:

And this one too:

OK... you win.

But it was still never Meijer's. It was Meijer's Thrifty Acres, then Meijer.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Try again kids. Look at the name of the store that Hendrick is standing in front of.

And this one too:

OK... you win.

But it was still never Meijer's. It was Meijer's Thrifty Acres, then Meijer.

Please keep in mind that in this case, the 's is possesive.

I think. And I don't know how that adds to the conversation. However, I find myself correcting people all the time.
I axed my teacher a qwerstion and he splained me the answer.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:I axed my teacher a qwerstion and he splained me the answer.

Ha. A lot of people from other countries think even well-spoken Americans sound slow and dense. I can't imagine what they think of people that talk like that. It's a good thing I don't care.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
I've been saying Meijer's deliberately. The ultra precise people who correct you and say Meijer began annoying me.

One fun way to annoy people is to point it out when they say "acrosst" because they will almost universally deny it. Hey, I admit to saying "acrosst." It's just so funny when you catch them at it. I've heard Free Beer say it.
It drives me nuts when I do it, but I just do so without thinking... but when I refer to The Home Depot in conversation, more often than not, I accidentally pronounce the last T on Depot.

It's one of those things where I really have to make a mental effort to tell myself that it's silent. I know it is, and have always known it is, but it just always seems to slip out.
potthole Wrote:It drives me nuts when I do it, but I just do so without thinking... but when I refer to The Home Depot in conversation, more often than not, I accidentally pronounce the last T on Depot.

It's one of those things where I really have to make a mental effort to tell myself that it's silent. I know it is, and have always known it is, but it just always seems to slip out.

So do you say it "Dee-pote" with a long O or "De-pot"..... just curious on the pronunciation
The first, "dee-pote." I've been getting better at pronouncing it correctly, but I still slip up from time-to-time.
I have a co-worker who says "member" instead of "remember".

There is a station in Grand Rapids (AM640) where the guy who buys all the air time does the liner reads. He claims the station is heard in Michigan, Indiana, and "Illi-noise".
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:There is a station in Grand Rapids (AM640) where the guy who buys all the air time does the liner reads. He claims the station is heard in Michigan, Indiana, and "Illi-noise".

Man, I remember when that used to be a kid's station, Radio AAHS. They had their studios in the old Grand Village Mall, back before the whole place got turned into a rockband church building.