Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 World Series
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
i got 50 bones against my dad on the Phillies winning the series.

and i guess y'all are with my dad. son of a Eff.
I don't think I'll really pull for either. I guess I'll just sit through it because it's the last bit of baseball on TV until spring rolls around.

Gotta give the one up to the Rays though. I think they may be good enough to pull this one off. They were great in the ALCS, with the exception of Game 5, and I think they have enough momentum to hit the Phils early while at home. Coming off a big series win against Boston on a Sunday and then getting homefield for the first game of the World Series should be huge for them.

Rays in 5.
Jo Wrote:i got 50 bones against my dad on the Phillies winning the series.

and i guess y'all are with my dad. son of a eff.
No team from Florida has ever made it to the playoffs and not won the World Series... you're effed!
elranito Wrote:

No team from Florida has ever made it to the playoffs and not won the World Series... you're effed!
Plus the recent history, with the team getting a break before the series starts getting killed in the series. ('07 Rockies, '06 Tigers)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
elranito Wrote:

well then, that'll make victory all the more sweeter. you watch.
Im just glad the red sox are not in it
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I could not be happier with either team winning, I'm just glad all those a-holes at fox are cringing at their impending ratings doom as neither the spank me's or red cocks are in the thing.
I think the Rays will win. It's nice to see a team win for the first time even if they're a relatively new team. Also, I don't like the Phillies because I don't like the Eagles because their fans are one of the biggest group of douches I've even seen. I know, that's about as much of a petty, non-reason as humanly possible.

Jo Wrote:i got 50 bones

Only 50? I guess I lost THAT bet.

Yes, I know. I'm a child.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I think I recognize Becky from Joe's myspace page........
The Phillies blew their chance at going up 2 to nothing. They lefy way too many runners in scoring position.
Jo Wrote:
elranito Wrote:No team from Florida has ever made it to the playoffs and not won the World Series... you're effed!

well then, that'll make victory all the more sweeter. you watch.

Looks like you're about to get paid! Tongue
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Anybody else in the GR area have issues with Fox last night? I was hoping to watch the game, but the channel wasn't coming in at all. Not sure if it was just my current provider, or if there were larger issues.
I was flipping back and forth checking the score. Mine was out for a couple of innings, then it came up with a different cannel to switch to. I plan on calling today and seeing if they will compensate me somehow. (free month or something) BTW, I have DirecTV
It went out around the 5th inning (I think) and didn't come back on for the rest of the game.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
worked good in st cloud with cable
It worked great last night...watching the floodfest at the "Bank"...can waiting for 25 years be this much torture that mother nature wanted to add another element for us Philly fans?
Congrats to the Phillies on a well deserved WS title. They played very well and earned it. Although I was rooting for the Rays, I am pleased that the Phillies took the series.

Congrats also to Becky. Make the old man eat some crow!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
WOOOOO!!!!!!! PHILLIES KICK ASS!!!!!!!!

Smile
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Phillies win! Theeeeeeeeeeee Phillies! Win!
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:Phillies win! Theeeeeeeeeeee Phillies! Win!

???

Thought you were from Jersey?
I am. It was more a play on John Sterling for the Yanks. Actually the southern half of Jerz roots for the Philadelphia teams and the northern half roots for New York teams. What I don't understand about south Jersey (damn dirty hicks) is that they choose the Flyers over the Devils. That is unacceptable.
That's what she said.
good thing the phill's won,

who wants the rays?

ughhh.
drunkenmom Wrote:good thing the phill's won,

who wants the rays?

ughhh.

I don't know......perhaps 84% of the people who answered the poll for this thread?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:

who wants the rays?

ughhh.

I don't know......perhaps 84% of the people who answered the poll for this thread?

which means the other 16% of us are happy Big Grin

but its baseball, come on, football and hockey abound now Smile
Admin Wrote:

who wants the rays?

ughhh.

Ouch . . . ZING!!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!