Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aggitated, need an opinion
cuppie Wrote:My wife tried to breastfeed our son, but it ended up being too painful and she ended up getting blisters on her nips. I've never been so turned off by boobs before but it was disgusting. She stopped breastfeeding him and we went to formula, but ever since we switched he's had issues with spitting up.

My sister's new baby was having trouble as well. Try lactose free. If you're worried about the baby not getting breast milk try pumping (after she heals of course, they make a good cream for that as well). They forget to tell you how much that shit hurts.
Tell your friend to swallow a veiner
LimpBagel Wrote:Tell your friend to swallow a veiner

? ????
Not you, the OP
sorry......
cuppie Wrote:My wife tried to breastfeed our son, but it ended up being too painful and she ended up getting blisters on her nips. I've never been so turned off by boobs before but it was disgusting. She stopped breastfeeding him and we went to formula, but ever since we switched he's had issues with spitting up.

try a formula for sesitive tummys. it worked wonders for my friends son. I hate it when people give me advice, and i know people hate receiving it...but if it will help why not?
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
Well, my son is 1 now and doesn't take formula. When he was on formula we used a soy formula and he was fine. We tried him on regular milk and he threw it up a few times. We talked to his doctor and he said that he's intolerant of the sugars in milk not the proteins and that's why he can eat cheeses but not drink milk. He suggested we get him on Lactaid or Silk. We tried Lactaid last night and he hates the stuff.
Can he take goats milk? It's make up is closer to human milk than cow's milk,
As previously stated I'd do what you feel most comfortable with because frankly you'll never please everyone.

If you "cave" to your friend and breastfeed then you'll have some group of people who want you to nurse in the bat cave because "that kinda thing shouldn't be done in public" no matter how low key and modest you are about it.

It's a lose lose situation if you go by public/popular opinion. You can and should do what feels right and good to you *should it be a concern anyway depending on the outcome of the you may or may not be pregnant question*.

Both options have there pros and cons. Quite frankly as long as you are happy, and content with your choice your baby will be too. If you are stressed about the type of feeding EVERYTIME you sit down to nurse or bottle feed your kiddo will pick up on that and thats no good.

Tell your friend that when she gets pregnant she can breastfeed till her hearts content. But that you will make the decision thats best for both you and your baby.