Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colored People
About two weeks ago during work, im a host, i was waiting for a black couple to be ready to be sat, the children were playing and were causing a little bit of a disruption but not enough for any problems. The mother grabs her kids and with me being right next to her says " Will you stop embarrising me infront of these gee dee crackers!" Now i personally laughed my ass off when i heard that but i just dont really understand why it is horrible if i call a black person black but if i black person calls me a cracker i cant say crap. i have nothin against black people. If everyone wants to be treated equal 1 of two things needs to happen. Either all racial words/sterotypes need to be dropped immediatly or i think white people should be allowed to say black or colored if black people can say cracker or honkey
mikesmalltalk Wrote:About two weeks ago during work, im a host, i was waiting for a black couple to be ready to be sat, the children were playing and were causing a little bit of a disruption but not enough for any problems. The mother grabs her kids and with me being right next to her says " Will you stop embarrising me infront of these gee dee crackers!" Now i personally laughed my ass off when i heard that but i just dont really understand why it is horrible if i call a black person black but if i black person calls me a cracker i cant say crap. i have nothin against black people. If everyone wants to be treated equal 1 of two things needs to happen. Either all racial words/sterotypes need to be dropped immediatly or i think white people should be allowed to say black or colored if black people can say cracker or honkey
I will agree with you that all racial slurs just need to go (won't happen). Personally I could care less what I'm referred to as. Call me whatever you want. On a side note however who are you calling black that gets offended by that? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's not racist?
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:
mikesmalltalk Wrote:About two weeks ago during work, im a host, i was waiting for a black couple to be ready to be sat, the children were playing and were causing a little bit of a disruption but not enough for any problems. The mother grabs her kids and with me being right next to her says " Will you stop embarrising me infront of these gee dee crackers!" Now i personally laughed my ass off when i heard that but i just dont really understand why it is horrible if i call a black person black but if i black person calls me a cracker i cant say crap. i have nothin against black people. If everyone wants to be treated equal 1 of two things needs to happen. Either all racial words/sterotypes need to be dropped immediatly or i think white people should be allowed to say black or colored if black people can say cracker or honkey
I will agree with you that all racial slurs just need to go (won't happen). Personally I could care less what I'm referred to as. Call me whatever you want. On a side note however who are you calling black that gets offended by that? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's not racist?

Im not saying anyone in general but i have seen circumstances such as in school or at work were we werent allowed to say black. i call black people black because thats what they are. If people start calling me a greek american ill call them whatever ethnicity they are but if i have to say african american and they call me white i personally think that isnt fair
If you were born in Africa and moved to America to become a citizen you are African American. No way I will call a black person African American whose closest ties is an ancestor from Africa 150 years ago. If they get offended then so be it.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
thats 100% true, my dad came to america from Greece in 1949 but does that matter? Nope you could see a black person who isnt even from africa but your politically correct. Does that make any sense? They say Obama is the 1st African American President right?? Wrong, hes the first MIXED PRESIDENT. His dads black and his moms white soo some how he has been catagorized as African American?? I dont get it .Personally dont care what he is but i dont wanna see "O0o0o a brothers in charge" or crap like that Hes white and black no more no less of either
Does anyone remember when FB&HW were talking about Obama being just as much white as he is black. I remember them saying things like, "Oh here we go again, another cracker in the white house."
In response to the "colored" term being old and insulting: when my great-grandmother (who is 95, has alzheimer's, and is in a nursing home) was shown the cover of a magazine with Obama on it and was told that he's our next president, she said "It's called the White House, not the colored house". Blame it on her alzheimer's for saying it, but unfortunately I think it represents some long-held racism that still exists today.
mutts202 Wrote:In response to the "colored" term being old and insulting: when my great-grandmother (who is 95, has alzheimer's, and is in a nursing home) was shown the cover of a magazine with Obama on it and was told that he's our next president, she said "It's called the White House, not the colored house". Blame it on her alzheimer's for saying it, but unfortunately I think it represents some long-held racism that still exists today.

I don't think this is unusual for most people your Grandmother's age. I have Uncles that are prejudice, and some are probably racists. Unfortunately, a lot of people my age are prejudice by no fault of their own, rather having been raised in a prejudiced society. Prejudice is a thought; racism is an action. I will admit that I have, on occasion, had prejudice thoughts, but try to restrain such as best as I can, and never let it turn to racism.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Hell, I'm calling it the Half-White House for the next four years, and I'm the least racist person you'll ever meet.
hotzester Wrote:Hell, I'm calling it the Half-White House for the next four years, and I'm the least racist person you'll ever meet.

My non-voluntary prejudice does not just lie with black people. There are a lot of stereotypes that I end up having prejudiced thoughts about.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
+1
Quote:There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.
- Theodore Roosevelt
I've always liked President Roosevelt.
hotzester Wrote:I've always liked President Roosevelt.

Which one? Tom?
Barack just said people questioned about where his father was born. Didn't they call him African American when they introduced him? So doesn't that mean that he was, in fact, born in Kenya, Africa?
The only thing I know is that he's bi-racial, which inherently means he's not the first black President, thus bringing us back to the Half-White House.
ok i just got home from work and i HAVE to tell this story
I got to work at about 230ish and i do my normal routine clock in get stuff etc
I seat a waitress 4 seperate tables at the same time, which is alot for this perticular girl, But seeing as this waitress is now swamped she rushed to each table to get their order. BTW she went 1 table after the other in order. Soo she goes to the 1st three tables all of which are white and she takes there order and goes to the next. After about 10mins or soo she gets to the black table. Now when she does this the woman says" WTF, we've been here for 10 mins and ur racist azz came to us last. Well after she started screaming about this civil rights movement etc. She begins to scream at my dad whose the manager. She said things such as you SOB i bet ur family had slaves etc. My dad btw came to America in 1970 which in no way gives my family a possiblity of having slaves. But back to the story. Well the woman picks up her food and throws it at the waitress. The waitress grabbed a fork and tried to stab her =P The black women get up and try and run out of the restaurant. But before the last one leaves she says quote " All you white a-holes are gonna be sorry because OBAMA is president" Now this is where i come into the story. When she said that everything went quiet. I began laughing hysterically and clapping my ass off. All the people then slowly started clapping and at the moment, even the black costumers were booing her and some1 actully threw somthing. Soo this was my 2nd work experience with a happy black person. Now i know some people might not believe me but i swear this happened about 7 hours ago and my lord it was funny. Another shining example of a horribly ignorant black person
I would have paid to see that...
it honestly made my day, my personal contribution gave me a reason to keep my head held high 2day =)
mikesmalltalk Wrote:ok i just got home from work and i HAVE to tell this story
I seat a waitress 4 seperate tables at the same time, which is alot for this perticular girl, But seeing as this waitress is now swamped she rushed to each table to get their order. BTW she went 1 table after the other in order. Soo she goes to the 1st three tables all of which are white and she takes there order and goes to the next. After about 10mins or soo she gets to the black table. Now when she does this the woman says" WTF, we've been here for 10 mins and ur racist azz came to us last. Well after she started screaming about this civil rights movement etc. She begins to scream at my dad whose the manager. She said things such as you SOB i bet ur family had slaves etc. My dad btw came to America in 1970 which in no way gives my family a possiblity of having slaves. But back to the story. Well the woman picks up her food and throws it at the waitress. The waitress grabbed a fork and tried to stab her =P The black women get up and try and run out of the restaurant. But before the last one leaves she says quote " All you white a-holes are gonna be sorry because OBAMA is president" Now this is where i come into the story. When she said that everything went quiet. I began laughing hysterically and clapping my ass off. All the people then slowly started clapping and at the moment, even the black costumers were booing her and some1 actully threw somthing. Soo this was my 2nd work experience with a happy black person. Now i know some people might not believe me but i swear this happened about 7 hours ago and my lord it was funny. Another shining example of a horribly ignorant black person

Until I see a newspaper/online story about this I am calling bullshit.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
mikesmalltalk Wrote:...My dad btw came to America in 1970...

mikesmalltalk Wrote:...my dad came to america from Greece in 1949...

So, what is it? 1949 or 1970?

I think you need to start paying more attention in high school, you seem to have a real hard time with numbers. Can't enter your age correctly, can't get these dates straight...
lol that is a good point, my dad was born in 49 nd came in 70 =P

nd personally i couldnt give a crap if u guys dont believe me, i know what happened nd i thought it was funny enough to post it
Uh-huh...

Tell me, what child are you? Oldest, youngest, middle?
Middle Child

potthole Wrote:I think you need to start paying more attention in high school, you seem to have a real hard time with numbers. Can't enter your age correctly, can't get these dates straight...

Its funny, that was 100% uncalled for and after reading that u seem like a horrible, annoying person. Do you honestly just go onto the forums and find some1 to rip on?? Does it make you feel good about urself that you can rip on some1 for making a mistake?? go pick on some1 who isnt on the other side of a computer
Mistake? Can you blame me for thinking it wasn't merely a mistake? All I've seen you do is lie about things... lie about your age, post stories of questionable validity, get those dates about your dad all out of whack...

You don't really have a track record of reliability going, and with the way you post, the occasional off-handed comment shouldn't really be all that unexpected. Besides, you've been making a big deal about being in high school over in another thread, and how you don't pay attention to stuff, so it's not even like what I said was coming completely from left field.

Oh, also... I like how you say what kind of person I seem like. I should share what your posts make you seem like. Wink
ok, soo i got my dad's birth year mixed up with when he came to this country, y i did idk
2nd, if u think im the only one who didnt put his real age on the forum app ur stupid
3rd, do u want my works number RIGHT now, and u can call and ask what happened?
mikesmalltalk Wrote:ok, soo i got my dad's birth year mixed up with when he came to this country, y i did idk
2nd, if u think im the only one who didnt put his real age on the forum app ur stupid
3rd, do u want my works number RIGHT now, and u can call and ask what happened?
Yes! Please post your work number.
Well i wasnt gonna post it rather i was gonna pm it....if anyone wants it as proof msg me
mikesmalltalk Wrote:ok i just got home from work and i HAVE to tell this story
I seat a waitress 4 seperate tables at the same time, which is alot for this perticular girl, But seeing as this waitress is now swamped she rushed to each table to get their order. BTW she went 1 table after the other in order. Soo she goes to the 1st three tables all of which are white and she takes there order and goes to the next. After about 10mins or soo she gets to the black table. Now when she does this the woman says" WTF, we've been here for 10 mins and ur racist azz came to us last. Well after she started screaming about this civil rights movement etc. She begins to scream at my dad whose the manager. She said things such as you SOB i bet ur family had slaves etc. My dad btw came to America in 1970 which in no way gives my family a possiblity of having slaves. But back to the story. Well the woman picks up her food and throws it at the waitress. The waitress grabbed a fork and tried to stab her =P The black women get up and try and run out of the restaurant. But before the last one leaves she says quote " All you white a-holes are gonna be sorry because OBAMA is president" Now this is where i come into the story. When she said that everything went quiet. I began laughing hysterically and clapping my ass off. All the people then slowly started clapping and at the moment, even the black costumers were booing her and (insert retarded high school aged text speak here because I'm an effing ambulance driver) actully threw somthing. Soo this was my 2nd work experience with a happy black person. Now i know some people might not believe me but i swear this happened about 7 hours ago and my lord it was funny. Another shining example of a horribly ignorant black person

Where did she get food to throw if the waitress was just coming to take her order?
When a costumer is sat either the host or a bus boy gives the table bread nd water
reading your posts give me a headache. seriously, is it really that hard to put an "a" in front of your nd?

Quote:(insert retarded high school aged text speak here because I'm an effing ambulance driver)
well, being from alabama, "colored people" is still considered a polite term
captaincaveman Wrote:well, being from alabama, "colored people" is still considered a polite term
[Image: BushHeadScratch.jpg]
Well it's better than the alternatives...
Colored is not the proper vernacular but it is used mostly by old timers. We know now, in this day and age a black person is black, or African American if they are not happy with being called black.