Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
102.9 The Buzz roll call!!
Josh from Camden, now in Lebanon, present.
turf Wrote:
bloodrage Wrote:Tullahoma here. Been around since the 103 kdf rocknroll days

as am i. i'll never forget the day when WKDF switched to the country format. they played "closing time" by semisonic about 100 times in a row.

I remember that, as well. I lived in Cookeville at the time.
I was a dyed in the wool KDF fan forever. I remember the April fools day that it switched to country. I held out hope that it was a joke. That was nearly 10 years ago. I decided to tune in the old C103 (102.9) and was pleased to hear Alice In Chains. They were still playing a lot of what I call "American Pie" soundtrack music as well so I wasn't totally sold. Then, a few years ago, they switched to "everything that rocks". Now it's my station!! I'm addicted to FB&HW, too!
jamie-smyrna here
Amanda from Nashville here!
I love reading this thread! You guys probably hated me and The Buzz back in Nov 2006...now look at ya, posting on a FB&HW message board! Smile

Make sure you find the thread 'listening area' and check 'nashville'. That way we can kick Albany's ass!
Jamil in Nashville checking in....

The introdution of the Steve Harvey show and the overall suckassness of 101 the beat led me to FB&HW.

Love the show!
Tim from nashville checking in.

I want whore Jamie from nashvilles number. She sounds like a hot whore with the tramp stamp, LOL
titanfan694 Wrote:Tim from nashville checking in.

I want whore Jamie from nashvilles number. She sounds like a hot whore with the tramp stamp, LOL

She did sound fun, didn't she?!
werd!
brian here listening through STATIC in Sparta about 10 miles south of Cookeville. DAG HELP ME OUT!! boost the signal. love the show. BROCK licks buzz's nut sweat!!!!
Vincent from Ft. Campbell here
J from the Boro here.

I too remember when KDF switched to country; well not the exact day but I do remember the announcement. And I remember the morning show...something and The Dook.

Anyway, I was royally ticked off when that happened. And yeah I didn't like the Buzz starting out because they seemed to only play like the new alternative stuff, and then later you guys went through a phase that I barely remember but I do remember your music lineup started to suck. Then you changed to Everything That Rocks and it rules now. Much better than the crap on 97.1 and "play it to death classic rock" on 105.9.

BTW anyone here remember The Rooster 106.7. It was only around for a short while but I liked it's lineup before it went all hip-hop and now it's The Fan.
Glen From Shelbyville
Tommy from Nashville via murfreesboro-mt juliet-hendersonville-dickson-ashland city-white house-googletsville-antioch and so on and so forth. i've been around the world bitches!..or middle tennessee at least
dagwood Wrote:I love reading this thread! You guys probably hated me and The Buzz back in Nov 2006...now look at ya, posting on a FB&HW message board! Smile

I got yo back Dag!
Carol from Petersburg...yeah, Petersburg

You remember One for the Sun at Hermitage Landing (now Nashville Shores) . . . wow, those were the days!!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:

You remember One for the Sun at Hermitage Landing (now Nashville Shores) . . . wow, those were the days!!!

I was at "One For The Sun" in '83 or '84. RATT was one of the big bands playing that day. Worst sunburn of my life! I couldn't lift my arms for two weeks. Good days, indeed!
hey queen....don't you have some work to do?? It sure is exhausting chasing you around this place!! (kisses for my misses)

Does Dagwood REALLY think he's more clever than our boys(FBandHW)???
jus' P Wrote:hey queen....don't you have some work to do?? It sure is exhausting chasing you around this place!! (kisses for my misses)

I never claimed to be.
dagwood Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:You remember One for the Sun at Hermitage Landing (now Nashville Shores) . . . wow, those were the days!!!

I was at "One For The Sun" in '83 or '84. RATT was one of the big bands playing that day. Worst sunburn of my life! I couldn't lift my arms for two weeks. Good days, indeed!

I'm pretty sure it was 1983 . . . Eddie Money met his wife there.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
dagwood Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:hey queen....don't you have some work to do?? It sure is exhausting chasing you around this place!! (kisses for my misses)

I never claimed to be.

OMG....dude, I listen to you every day on the way home. You're always jabbin'...

BTW, why was "hole" suspended? You 2 were almost funny together. I know he's on night's, too late for me.

sorry Dag....I got you mixed up with Zigs....YOU are awesome!
Chris from La Vergne. As they say...

"102.9 The Buzz - La Vergne, Nashville"
jus' P Wrote:
dagwood Wrote:I never claimed to be.

OMG....dude, I listen to you every day on the way home. You're always jabbin'...

BTW, why was "hole" suspended? You 2 were almost funny together. I know he's on night's, too late for me.

sorry Dag....I got you mixed up with Zigs....YOU are awesome!

Do you mean "Incredible Hull"? Smile I guess he can be a 'hole' now that I think about it. Still not sure why they took him off of the mornings. I had fun in there with him.
Dave from the 'Boro checking in.

The Buzz's air talent is easily the best in town. Yall do great work, thanks. Although I do miss Retro Buzz on Sunday mornings, Doogie did an excellent job with that.
Clint from the boro.

I used to love 103 KDF, I think the date they changed was April 1st because I turned on the radio and heard country and thought it was an April fools joke.
Greets from SmyrnaHerzigovinia!
Hey Dagwood, what happened to the female that used to be on in the mornings with you? I think she did the traffic and you guys would talk between FB&HW breaks. I thought you guys had some good chemistry.
residentialevil Wrote:Hey Dagwood, what happened to the female that used to be on in the mornings with you? I think she did the traffic and you guys would talk between FB&HW breaks. I thought you guys had some good chemistry.

That would be Lisa Manning. She is on in the mornings on our sister ststion, V 102.5. She's on with Dean Warfield...long-time Nashville radio listeners may know him as "P Team Dean".

Interesting side-note about Lisa...her sister does the voice for news anchor Diane Simmons on "Family Guy'. I know we have alot of Fam Guy fans on here.
nashbama Wrote:Dave from the 'Boro checking in.

The Buzz's air talent is easily the best in town. Yall do great work, thanks. Although I do miss Retro Buzz on Sunday mornings, Doogie did an excellent job with that.

Doogie is back with The Buzz after a couple of years absence! He'll be on starting this weekend. We're excited he's back!
A little history of rock radio in Nashville .....<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://nashlinks.com/radio.htm">http://nashlinks.com/radio.htm</a><!-- m -->
Kaboobie - Geoff from Castalian Springs
Big'un checking in from Brentioch.

Unfortunately can't listen while at work, no radio reception and no internet feed allowed.
Scotty in Nashville present and ready for duty
Broseph from the boro signing in!
Nashville Nikkie here and hotter than Zane's sweater! Smile
Misty in Antioch- Here ;D
John in Spring Hill checking in
zanessweater Wrote:Nashville Nikkie here and hotter than Zane's sweater! Smile

ooooo...pics!! Smile