Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions 0-16?
dino Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:step or extension?

Little Giant covers it all. Richard Karn (aka Al Borland) knows whats up.

love the little giant ladder. so versatile
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
plumpenut Wrote:
dino Wrote:Little Giant covers it all. Richard Karn (aka Al Borland) knows whats up.

love the little giant ladder. so versatile
Didn't FBHW website have a video of a ladder malfunction from the Home Shopping Network? Or am I completely off base?
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
They did.. I think it was the second one, from QVC, but I'm not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhMfzc9RbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRvEsonVXWA
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
One more loss and they're making history!
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
NBC better take the Lions/Packers game as their flex game next week, so he whole country can see history in the making. It's only fair that they should have to put up with the same shit we do. Can I get Dominic Raola's address, I'm ready to fight him now. Of course even if I stepped up to him I would go right by, dude can't stop anyone from advancing.
I say the Lions beat the Pack next week.
dolph Wrote:NBC better take the Lions/Packers game as their flex game next week, so he whole country can see history in the making. It's only fair that they should have to put up with the same shit we do. Can I get Dominic Raola's address, I'm ready to fight him now. Of course even if I stepped up to him I would go right by, dude can't stop anyone from advancing.

Actually, Raiola was one of Millen's only decent picks (I include Ernie Sims, Calvin Johnson, and Roy Williams in that group). Normally if the pocket collapses, it's because the guys on the outside (Cherilus and.. Mulitalo? or Foster?) aren't doing their job. Raiola and Backus are actually pretty decent. In any case, though, I agree.. the game should be nationally televised. It is, after all, going to be a piece of history. The only reason the Lions have a snowball's chance in hell is that the Pack might be benching some of their first-stringers to reduce the chance of injury in the final game (a lot like the fourth pre-season game). Should be.. fun? to watch.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:
dolph Wrote:NBC better take the Lions/Packers game as their flex game next week, so he whole country can see history in the making. It's only fair that they should have to put up with the same shit we do. Can I get Dominic Raola's address, I'm ready to fight him now. Of course even if I stepped up to him I would go right by, dude can't stop anyone from advancing.

Actually, Raiola was one of Millen's only decent picks (I include Ernie Sims, Calvin Johnson, and Roy Williams in that group). Normally if the pocket collapses, it's because the guys on the outside (Cherilus and.. Mulitalo? or Foster?) aren't doing their job. Raiola and Backus are actually pretty decent. In any case, though, I agree.. the game should be nationally televised. It is, after all, going to be a piece of history. The only reason the Lions have a snowball's chance in hell is that the Pack might be benching some of their first-stringers to reduce the chance of injury in the final game (a lot like the fourth pre-season game). Should be.. fun? to watch.

Why would they bench players? They have until August to get healthy if anyone gets hurt. They will play everyone all game, and probably play harder than they have all year, because of pride.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I think most everyone would agree that it'd be better off NOT to be injured than have to spend time rehabbing it. Certainly, though, the Pack will be doing their damnedest not to be the only team beaten by the only team to go 0-15 in the history of the NFL/AFL. I also think the Lions might have a shot by running the ball.. Smith is a good back, they did ok against the Saints, who've been solid against the run, and the Pack has been awful all year long against the ground game. I guess we'll see what happens Sunday.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:I think most everyone would agree that it'd be better off NOT to be injured than have to spend time rehabbing it...

If that were the mentality of the NFL, Brees wouldn't have played this last week, They Lions wouldn't have been playing Smith, Johnson, Sims, etc for the last 8 weeks, the Bengals, Chiefs, etc wouldn't have been playing their stars.... and so on. The only time teams rest players is if they are headed to the playoffs, and already have their spot locked up (ie home field advantage through out)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Smith, Johnson and Sims are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year players. They'll need all the experience they can get because as good as they are, they can be better. Ocho Cinco didn't play yesterday for the Bengals and they put Palmer on the IR weeks ago, and the Chiefs only gave Larry Johnson the ball 12 times. Brees stayed in because everyone knows the Lions are not exactly sackmasters.. it was a low-risk play.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:Smith, Johnson and Sims are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year players. They'll need all the experience they can get because as good as they are, they can be better. Ocho Cinco didn't play yesterday for the Bengals and they put Palmer on the IR weeks ago, and the Chiefs only gave Larry Johnson the ball 12 times. Brees stayed in because everyone knows the Lions are not exactly sackmasters.. it was a low-risk play.

Palmer was put on the IR weeks ago because he was hurt. He has sucked all year. It wasn't because they didn't want him to get hurt. What about the Chiefs' Gonzales? (their best player) What about Stephen Jackson, Marc Bulger, Jamal Lewis, Jamarcus Russel, Aaron Rodgers, Donald Driver..... need I go on? I'll repeat myself, since you seemed to not hear me the first time...

The only time teams rest players is if they are headed to the playoffs, and already have their spot locked up (ie home field advantage through out)
Steven Jackson: 223 att, 881 yards. Star? No.
Marc Bulger: 57% compl, 10 td, 13int Star? No.
Jamal Lewis: 256 att, 906 yds, 5 td Star? No.
JaMarcus Russel doesn't even qualify with even these guys.. and again, the experience thing.
Donald Driver: 62 rec, 884 yds, 4td Star? Not exactly, but decent.
Gonzalez and Rodgers are solid, I'll give you that.
But please, go on.

As for Palmer, none of his injuries were year-ending. He couldn't heal because he didn't rehab. And you don't think when the Packers get up by 14 or so, Rodgers isn't going to come out? And Green Bay's backs have been hurt all year.. Not expecting much of a show from them. But passing on Detroit shouldn't be a problem. In any case, I didn't say they wouldn't be starting.. but I wouldn't be expecting a full game out of most of Green Bay's first-stringers.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:Steven Jackson: 223 att, 881 yards. Star? No.
Marc Bulger: 57% compl, 10 td, 13int Star? No.
Jamal Lewis: 256 att, 906 yds, 5 td Star? No.
JaMarcus Russel doesn't even qualify with even these guys.. and again, the experience thing.
Donald Driver: 62 rec, 884 yds, 4td Star? Not exactly, but decent.
Gonzalez and Rodgers are solid, I'll give you that.
But please, go on.

As for Palmer, none of his injuries were year-ending. He couldn't heal because he didn't rehab. And you don't think when the Packers get up by 14 or so, Rodgers isn't going to come out? And Green Bay's backs have been hurt all year.. Not expecting much of a show from them. But passing on Detroit shouldn't be a problem. In any case, I didn't say they wouldn't be starting.. but I wouldn't be expecting a full game out of most of Green Bay's first-stringers.

Not stars? Maybe not all-stars, but they are the starting players for each team, and the best they have. If they were to rest because they were afraid of being hurt, all of the guys I mentioned would be sitting.

You don't follow football too closely, do you?

edit: saying that Driver and Jackson aren't stars proves you don't know football much.
I'm not saying they're not stars. But they're not having the best years and for almost all of them their best years are behind them. Perhaps "irreplaceable" would've been a better word. In terms of the best they have, I would argue that Lewis, Bulger, and Gonzo will all be on the trading block in the off-season. If you put Driver ahead of Jennings in terms of sitting, maybe you might want to watch a little closer yourself. And if you don't think teams don't rest players when they could be playing, maybe you should take a closer look. Barber could've played when he sat. Romo could've after one or two weeks, instead of four.
I'm not arguing about playing for pride. But the NFL is money-driven now, and looking out for your investments is a key issue. I guess we'll wait until Sunday to see who's playing and who's sitting.
You know it's bad when Joe F'n Harrington feels bad for them.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.as...8&catid=14

Ex-Lion Joey Harrington feels bad for city, team

(DETROIT FREE PRESS) - "Jo-ey! Jo-ey!"

The irony was not lost on him. The Lions drafted him third overall in 2002, and after he went 18-37 as their starting quarterback, they traded him in the spring of '06. But the Lions have won only 10 games since he left, and the once-mighty auto industry is on its knees.

"It's weird to think that I was here in the heyday," said Harrington, New Orleans' third-string QB, after the Saints' 42-7 win sank the Lions to 0-15. "With everything with the automakers, I want something good to happen to the city, and if it's the Lions, then great. This city deserves something good to happen to it."

Harrington said he took no perverse pleasure in watching the Lions suffer.

"No, absolutely not," said Harrington, who led the Dolphins to a 27-10 victory over the Lions on Thanksgiving in 2006, throwing three touchdown passes. "When I came back with Miami and won on Thanksgiving, that one felt really good to me. But this is different.

"There's still a couple guys I stay in touch with on the team, and you never like to see anybody go through this. There's absolutely no satisfaction in something like this."

Harrington spoke to center Dominic Raiola and defensive end Jared DeVries on the field after the game.

He used to talk about the negative environment in Detroit. On Sunday, he pointed out how anger had turned to apathy.

He referenced the "Orange out" game against Cincinnati in 2005 and the protests of president Matt Millen, whom owner William Clay Ford fired three games into this season.

The Lions have failed to sell out five of their past six home games, and Sunday's announced crowd of 49,309 was the second-smallest since Ford Field opened in 2002.

"It has changed a little bit, though," Harrington said. "The difference between when I was here and what it is right now, people still came to the games my last year here. They came in orange shirts and signs to fire Millen. Now it just looks like they don't come, and if they do come, they come with signs to hire Millen.

"Like I said from the start, I want something good to happen to this city. It's a city of good people, and nobody deserves to go through this on or off the field."
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
In other news, Joey actually thinks that the Lions "heyday" was when he was the QB.

"It's weird to think that I was here in the heyday," said Harrington, New Orleans' third-string QB
Rock Monster Wrote:In other news, Joey actually thinks that the Lions "heyday" was when he was the QB.

"It's weird to think that I was here in the heyday," said Harrington, New Orleans' third-string QB

Compared to this year.....it was unfortunately Sad
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:In other news, Joey actually thinks that the Lions "heyday" was when he was the QB.

Compared to this year.....it was unfortunately Sad

Compared to this year, a crap sandwich would be a good thing. I would consider the "heyday" of the Lions the early 90's, when they were actually a playoff caliber team.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:I'm not saying they're not stars. But they're not having the best years and for almost all of them their best years are behind them. Perhaps "irreplaceable" would've been a better word. In terms of the best they have, I would argue that Lewis, Bulger, and Gonzo will all be on the trading block in the off-season. If you put Driver ahead of Jennings in terms of sitting, maybe you might want to watch a little closer yourself. And if you don't think teams don't rest players when they could be playing, maybe you should take a closer look. Barber could've played when he sat. Romo could've after one or two weeks, instead of four.
I'm not arguing about playing for pride. But the NFL is money-driven now, and looking out for your investments is a key issue. I guess we'll wait until Sunday to see who's playing and who's sitting.

So, who exactly to you propose will be sat this weekend, that they're team is out of the playoffs? You already said Rodgers. Would Brees be a safe assumption, since you said that he only played because of the soft Lions D, and they play Carolina next weekend? Maybe some other names?
Rock Monster Wrote:Maybe some other names?

Well, if you just want a list of those on non-contending teams who I don't think will see a lot of playing time here goes: Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis, Steven Jackson, Jamal Lewis, Maurice Jones-Drew, Marc Bulger, Isaac Bruce, Brian Westbrook, Donovan McNabb, and Torry Holt.

That's what I can come up with off the top of my head for big-name, big-money offensive players. There's a good chance a lot of those players will start, I'm not contesting that, but I don't they'll be all that involved in the second half.
Eagles aren't officially out yet, are they?
What about Brees, Andre' Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Shockey (if healthy by weekend) and Gonzales?
I was under the impression they were eliminated with their loss, but I guess they're not. Since you've pointed out the Eagles are still in, it's obvious Westbrook and McNabb will be in. In any case, I gave you my list like you asked. If you want to make your own, by all means, go ahead.
I already said Rodgers would be out, provided Green Bay can build a lead, like I said earlier.. thought that was a given. And Brees will be in so he can have a chance, albeit small, to break Marino's record, also like I said earlier. Shockey won't play a whole lot, given he's hurt.. why risk it? As for for Jennings, if the Pack get up I wouldn't be surprised if his involvement drops just like Rodgers'. Gonzo will play, because he always plays. There.. does that satisfy you? I guess we could go round and round for the rest of the day, too, if you really wanted to. But I think we've both made our point. Again, like I said earlier, let's just wait to see who does what on Sunday. There's no point in debating for an entire week.
Do you think Jim Rome will get emotional when his dream of anti-perfection is finally realized?
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
that will give him enough material for a couple weeks

signed: J Stew
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
I think he may very well have an ejaculatory moment on-air.. but he's probably off for the holidays, isn't he?
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:I think he may very well have an ejaculatory moment on-air.. but he's probably off for the holidays, isn't he?

He might come into the studio for this.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
History is about to be made. Did you hear one of the lioness's say that if they lost to Green Bay he was walking back to Detroit?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
AMERICA!! eff YEAH!!

L0-16oL
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
It was close for a while, but in the end, they managed to pull out their D.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Thank you Lions for coming through in the clutch.
I wonder if the Pimp is going to come out of the basement to celebrate next week?
What a bummer. At least there were a few bright spots.. Just a few. But I saw the best/funniest sign ever during the game, and I know I'm not the only one. The yellow sign that said "0-16, So Easy, Even The Lions Could Do It" with the caveman head on the Lions jersey about made me fall out of my chair.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Maybe some other names?

Well, if you just want a list of those on non-contending teams who I don't think will see a lot of playing time here goes: Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis, Steven Jackson, Jamal Lewis, Maurice Jones-Drew, Marc Bulger, Isaac Bruce, Brian Westbrook, Donovan McNabb, and Torry Holt.

That's what I can come up with off the top of my head for big-name, big-money offensive players. There's a good chance a lot of those players will start, I'm not contesting that, but I don't they'll be all that involved in the second half.

Let's see:
Johnson - 2/3 of team carries
Portis - 29 carries
Jackson - 30 carries, 4 rec
Lewis - 23 carries
Jones-Drew - 23 carries
Bulger - 32 attempts, played whole game

I'll leave the WR's off, because I didn't watch all of the games, and don't know if they played or not.
Eh, I was off for the most part. It happens. Hell, Vegas gave the Lions better odds to win the Super Bowl than the Ravens in the preseason (though we all know the Lions are the preseason champs, right? :Smile. I would contest on LJ, though, since 10 carries isn't much of a factor. And Bruce didn't see much action either. But yeah, for the most part I was wrong.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:Eh, I was off for the most part. It happens. Hell, Vegas gave the Lions better odds to win the Super Bowl than the Ravens in the preseason (though we all know the Lions are the preseason champs, right? :Smile. I would contest on LJ, though, since 10 carries isn't much of a factor. And Bruce didn't see much action either. But yeah, for the most part I was wrong.

For the most part? Johnson I guess could be considered a moot point, but he did still get the brunt of the carries. Everyone else you mentioned had quite busy days. Like I said before..... teams don't rest players unless they have their playoff spots locked up.
Not really the same topic but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I just read that Denver will be trading Jay Cutler. For all that is holy I want him in a Lions uniform!
You're from Arkansas, so why the hell did you become a Lions fan?
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."