Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitch about the Red Wings
Yeah but not everybody is Chris Chelios. The only other guy that's played as long was Gordie Howe so that shows how often players play much past their 40s. The Wings will continue to sign Z after he turns 40.
plus Zetterberg has back problems.
5 losses in a row. Goaltending needs to improve as well as turnovers. Nice to see Abdelkader and Leino in the lineup for the Wings though.
well, 2 great games for the wings on back to back games. 8-3 against Edmonton (I got a little scared there in the 3rd) and then a 3-0 smashing of the Pens. It was good to show them that they got lucky the first game and that they have a long way to go to match up with the Wings. I mean they won this last game without Stewart, Holmstrom, and Franzen. On top of all of this their penalty kill looks like it's starting to click a little bit.
More wings hate on NHL.com too.

Pavel has 2 goals and the third star, Brad Richards, has 1 g and 1 a. At least Conks was the second star.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I noticed this morning that there was nothing about the wings beating the pens on their page. The only thing on there was something about crosby surprising the little pens or something like that. Nothing about, "Wings shut out Pens 3-0. Ex-Pens contribute to the demise of their former team."
So, this seems to be the only place that I can bitch about this. On NHL.com Zetterberg is the third star with 2 goals and an assist. The second star, Zednik, had two goals. Datsyuk is left off, also with 2 goals and an assist. How do they pick these? Are they really that bias against the Wings? :-[
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Yes. I'm actually surprised that Crosby didn't get first star on Sunday's game against the Wings. It would have said underneath him. 1 shot.
Good site about salary cap info and players salaries.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=DET
How can teams like Washington go over their cap? It's showing them 135,962 over their cap.
cuppie Wrote:How can teams like Washington go over their cap? It's showing them 135,962 over their cap.

I'm guessing because of injuries or something? Maybe they will have to send someone down before the end of the season?

Undecided
That could be. But hey the wings are starting to look like they're getting up to their potential. Babcock did the right thing by letting Pav and Z play together again. Hossa and Huds are looking like they're playing well with each other as well. Another great game last night against a team the media thought would be tough on Detroit. If only they had Holmstrom Franzen and Stuart back in the game I think we'd be unstoppable.
How 'bout them wings!? Great game last night. Too bad Lemiuex didn't get hurt.

Leino looks like he's more than ready to play with the big boys.
Conklin looks like he's ready to be the playoff starter.
They looked pretty good again tonight against LA as well.
Yep, Ozzie looked in form for the first time all season. I love seeing him come out and challenge shots.

Since the trade deadline is Wednesday, anyone think the Wings should make a move?

They don't really need anything if Osgood's game is indeed turned around for the better, and shaking the team up for loosen some salary cap space would be pointless.
ruh roh

8-0 Undecided
I got to the bar at the end of the 1st period and it was 5-0 Nashville. Everytime I went to look at the TV they had scored again. What the hell happened? At least they didn't lose to the Penguins.
I got back from looking at houses, and saw it was 5-0 and turned the TV off. I'm disappointed, I thought they were going to be the only team to not get shutout.
I think it's a good think, kind of like a kick in the ass for the team.

Also, I've heard two solid rumors about the Wings trading to get either Niklas Backstrom from Minnesota or Keri Lehtonen from Atlanta.

I don't really see Lehtonen as being the best move but he may perform well with a better club in from of him, who knows. Backstrom on the other hand has had two solid season's now back to back for the Wild, and a 2.24 GAA.

Franzen could be part of something I would guess.
From what I've heard any moves would be doubtful. I'd be happy to see Backstrom come in though. I'd hate to see Franzen go, but if you traded maybe him and conklin then I think it would be a decent trade.
I don't see Conklin going anywhere. Why would the second best team trade away their best goalie? I don't think we will see any moves, just because of the difficulty with the cap space.
Rock Monster Wrote:I don't think we will see any moves, just because of the difficulty with the cap space.

That's probably right. Minnesota inked Backstrom to a new 4 year deal so he is off the market, and I don't see the Wings doing anything to get Lehtonen, and the Blackhawks won't entertain any offers about Khabibulin or Huet to the Wings, for obvious reasons.