Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Smoking
We agree. lol
hotzester Wrote:Case in point - 101 Dalmations. In that movie, Cruella smokes. She also stole dogs. Why is it people only blame the movie for smoking, and not dog-napping?

Because smoking is perceived as "cool" and rebellious.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Because smoking is perceived as "cool" and rebellious.

That's until everyone starts smoking, then to be "cool" and rebellious, you'll have to not smoke.
Jiggy Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:I hope his wife rides him hard on this.
Hey hey come on. If you want to go down this path take it over to the touchy subject forum. Stay classy.

I was going for the pun that he is a Democrat, they have the symbol of the Donkey....Wow. The Obama worshipers at work even laughed at that joke.
lokizilla Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Do you think it's an issue?

I don't like it, and it bothers me a little bit, even though I know it shouldn't. It bothers me that the most powerful man in the US, that should be a role model to kids, has a weakness. It also bothers me that the Democratic party obviously kept this from us until he was elected. I think it would be less of an issue for me if I knew all along.

Actually in several interviews with Michelle Obama, she told the reporters that for her to agree to let him to run, he had to promise her to quit smoking. So if he's already broken that promise to her, I wonder what other promises are going to be broken.
Have you ever tried to quit smoking? I do smoke and have tryed several times to quit...its not like you can just say no more and leave them alone, it would be like giving up sex at age 21 just a comparison. ???
lokizilla Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:Hey hey come on. If you want to go down this path take it over to the touchy subject forum. Stay classy.

I was going for the pun that he is a Democrat, they have the symbol of the Donkey....Wow. The Obama worshipers at work even laughed at that joke.
No...see cause you said ride him hard..and I was implying that you were being tacky...nevermind. It was obviously over your head.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:I was going for the pun that he is a Democrat, they have the symbol of the Donkey....Wow. The Obama worshipers at work even laughed at that joke.
No...see cause you said ride him hard..and I was implying that you were being tacky...nevermind. It was obviously over your head.

Not over my head. I got the joke you were going for. I was also explaining my joke.
I have kind of a weird relationship with cigarettes. My parents and grandparents all smoked like chimneys and I knew how bad they were for you so I spent a lot of time bitching and explaining and complaining about their smoking. Then when I turned 17, I went out with a girl that I found out later smoked. I asked her for a cigarette and was a pack and a half a day person for the next seven years until my son was born. I quit because it was way more money than I could afford and I also wanted to be able to play sports with my new son. I don't smoke now unless I'm getting drunk with smokers.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:I have kind of a weird relationship with cigarettes. My parents and grandparents all smoked like chimneys and I knew how bad they were for you so I spent a lot of time bitching and explaining and complaining about their smoking. Then when I turned 17, I went out with a girl that I found out later smoked. I asked her for a cigarette and was a pack and a half a day person for the next seven years until my son was born. I quit because it was way more money than I could afford and I also wanted to be able to play sports with my new son. I don't smoke now unless I'm getting drunk with smokers.
Same with me too. Except when I went through my rebellious phase at 16/17 I tried probably at least half a pack throughout that time until finally I just couldn't do it stand it anymore. It made no sense to me and I wasn't even coming close to getting addicted, thank God. I have tried almost everything to be honest, with the exception of the hardest drugs like heroin, meth, etc and have never become addicted to any of it. I haven't done anything in the past 9 years except occasionally have a drink when i'm at social gatherings. I guess i'm pretty lucky.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Quote: I haven't done anything in the past 9 years except occasionally have a drink when i'm at social gatherings. I guess i'm pretty lucky.
Or Just Boring. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin j/k
Khef Wrote:
Quote: I haven't done anything in the past 9 years except occasionally have a drink when i'm at social gatherings. I guess i'm pretty lucky.
Or Just Boring. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin j/k
I'm only referring to drugs.
mkpjwp03 Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:Actually in several interviews with Michelle Obama, she told the reporters that for her to agree to let him to run, he had to promise her to quit smoking. So if he's already broken that promise to her, I wonder what other promises are going to be broken.
Have you ever tried to quit smoking? I do smoke and have tryed several times to quit...its not like you can just say no more and leave them alone, it would be like giving up sex at age 21 just a comparison. ???

Nope, not hitting on this. I'm just saying he didn't try to hide it. It was his promise to his wife. That's all I'm saying.
i'm smoking a cigarette right now. in an apartment building filled with young children. it doesn't influence them because they don't see it. the only way his smoking would be problematic is if the news jackyls follow him around and film/photograph him taking a smoke break, selling it to tabloid papers and reputable media for all to see and judge, and there's definitely more wrong with invading someone's life like that than choosing one of many ways to ease your personal stress. wow, what a run-on sentence, huh?
10strip Wrote:i'm smoking a cigarette right now. in an apartment building filled with young children. it doesn't influence them because they don't see it. the only way his smoking would be problematic is if the news jackyls follow him around and film/photograph him taking a smoke break, selling it to tabloid papers and reputable media for all to see and judge, and there's definitely more wrong with invading someone's life like that than choosing one of many ways to ease your personal stress. wow, what a run-on sentence, huh?

Why invite the Grammar Nazi's? Undecided
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:
10strip Wrote:i'm smoking a cigarette right now. in an apartment building filled with young children. it doesn't influence them because they don't see it. the only way his smoking would be problematic is if the news jackyls follow him around and film/photograph him taking a smoke break, selling it to tabloid papers and reputable media for all to see and judge, and there's definitely more wrong with invading someone's life like that than choosing one of many ways to ease your personal stress. wow, what a run-on sentence, huh?

Why invite the Grammar Nazi's? Undecided

Better to say you did it already, than get jumped on....Maybe it is a preemptive strike, before they come out.
You know, when I was growing up the term 'role model' didn't even exist. If it did, it sure wasn't used with the proliferation it is today.

Movie stars, singers, sports figueres are only entertainers. None of them signed up to be a role model for anyone. First, that's s crap load of pressure that no one needs, and second it's putting responsibility where it should not lie. If you have kids you need to be the one to instill 'right' thinking in them. To rely or even give power to those in the public eye for being an 'example', or role model is folly IMHO.

Obama was hired to clean this country up and get us out of this mess. He was not hired to be a role model.

As for the 'broken promise' to his wife - you think that just possibly she gets how hard it might be to quit, and that she's completely understanding of it? Couples that are in sync, are good with each other that way - naturally.
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load or unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life.