Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crosby the Bitch
alpacafarmer Wrote:i cant believe your in an argument with me about this and you dont know what half the things ive said have been. wow.. you must have some lucky people in your life who ur so sure ur smarter than.. ambulance driver

I know exactly what you're trying to say. You're saying that the success of the Penguins is somehow related to the Steelers being in the playoffs, and that after the Super Bowl, somehow they are going to turn it around and win the Stanly Cup. I'll be surprised if they even make the playoffs.

By the way, at yesterday's all star game, Malkin showed why Crosby isn't even the best player on his team, let alone the NHL. Why did they even show Crosby when the introduced the starters anyway? I think this just shows that the NHL wants him to be a star, not that he is.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
They showed him to prove why he won't be suspended for a game after the all star game and why Lidstrom and Datsyuk will be.
If they were healthy, and ready to play on Tuesday, and if I were the Wings, I would appeal the suspensions. The rule says that it's OK to miss if they are injured. The "unwritten" rule says that they have to miss a game in the week leading up to, or after the all-star game.

With that rant over, I think it's a moot point, and they will just rest them each for at least a game.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I liked what Ken Holland said about Lidstrom. He said that Lidstrom flies in from Sweden for things like award ceremonies that he doesn't have to go to, and so he misses the All-star game it's just stupid to have him be forced to miss a game. But he also called Lidstrom up and told him to not even make an appearance in Montreal if he didn't want to.
burnking Wrote:
alpacafarmer Wrote:he left before malone.. malone wanted to come back and said hed give them the hometown discount but they didnt give him a respectable offer.. they should of brought him back.. he really wanted to and they need a body to stand in front of the net!!

I'm fairly certain that Malone got a respectable offer but left for more. Either way, I agree, the Pens should've fought a little harder for him.

Malone's rights were traded to Tampa on June 28th and he signed a seven-year contract with them on the 30th.
Hossa became a free agent on July 1st, and signed with Detroit the next day.
4 point night for Sid last night, just throwing that out there. I just don't understand how they have the top two point scorers and a good enough goalie and manage to be a mediocre team.
burnking Wrote:4 point night for Sid last night, just throwing that out there. I just don't understand how they have the top two point scorers and a good enough goalie and manage to be a mediocre team.

All 4 was in the 3rd period too, wasn't it?

What I don't get is how Malkin and Crosby have so many assists. They have almost half of the teams total.
Crosby is also the #1 star on NHL.com. Cammalleri had a hat trick. In my opinion, he should have been the #1 star. 3 goals is much harder than 1g and 3 assists. (there was 11 assists for Pit in that game) On top of that, Crosby wasn't even the #1 star in his game! (but the NHL loves him for some reason...)
Yeah, all 4 were in the 3rd. I agree, a hat trick is definitely more difficult that 1g and 3 assists. Maybe they gave it to him because he got all 4 in one period?
burnking Wrote:Yeah, all 4 were in the 3rd. I agree, a hat trick is definitely more difficult that 1g and 3 assists. Maybe they gave it to him because he got all 4 in one period?
i don't agree. it depends on the assist: if you work to draw the defense and dish a tape-to-tape pass, you essentially made the play.
i didn't see this game though, so you could very well be right in this instance.
dingdongyo Wrote:
burnking Wrote:Yeah, all 4 were in the 3rd. I agree, a hat trick is definitely more difficult that 1g and 3 assists. Maybe they gave it to him because he got all 4 in one period?
i don't agree. it depends on the assist: if you work to draw the defense and dish a tape-to-tape pass, you essentially made the play.
i didn't see this game though, so you could very well be right in this instance.

The simple fact that there are 2 assists on virtually every goal in the NHL tells you that it is harder to get goals than assists. (almost twice as hard!! Big Grin)
Rock Monster Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:i don't agree. it depends on the assist: if you work to draw the defense and dish a tape-to-tape pass, you essentially made the play.

The simple fact that there are 2 assists on virtually every goal in the NHL tells you that it is harder to get goals than assists. (almost twice as hard!! Big Grin)

you can't judge difficulty by that. the entire play creates the goal. nobody gets 2 assists on the same goal. yes, the numbers are higher. doesn't mean it's any easier.
I would think that, logically, it's much easier to get an assist. Yes, you may have to slide it by a defenseman.. but the the person you're sending it to is trying to receive it. If you're shooting, you're sending the puck into a small space with a goalie and probably at least one defenseman who simply have to skate in front of it to ruin the shot. The goal's not going to do everything it can to receive the puck, whereas your teammate will do whatever they can to take it and go.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
wow alpaca, you must be proud of the effort your pens put up today against the wings. 3-0 that has to hurt. I sure am glad you talked so much junk about the pens winning the first match up against the wings. Now it's our turn to kill you mercilessly with insults about your team. Here's my first insult and it goes towards you and the fans of Pittsburgh. I'm pretty sure you were the moron holding up the sign that said, "17,800 = Pittsburgh sellout. #81 = Detroit sellout." I guess you guys don't know the definition of a sellout. If Hossa had been a sellout he would have gone somewhere else for MORE money, but he went to Detroit for LESS money, proving he's not a sellout, just a really smart player.
cuppie Wrote:wow alpaca, you must be proud of the effort your pens put up today against the wings. 3-0 that has to hurt. I sure am glad you talked so much junk about the pens winning the first match up against the wings. Now it's our turn to kill you mercilessly with insults about your team. Here's my first insult and it goes towards you and the fans of Pittsburgh. I'm pretty sure you were the ambulance driver holding up the sign that said, "17,800 = Pittsburgh sellout. #81 = Detroit sellout." I guess you guys don't know the definition of a sellout. If Hossa had been a sellout he would have gone somewhere else for MORE money, but he went to Detroit for LESS money, proving he's not a sellout, just a really smart player.

hahah.. im the one talkin trash on the " crosby the bitch " thread???
it was a fun game to watch until the 3rd!! pens need some points and need them bad!!!
Back to the thread topic: Is crosby one of the dirtiest, cheapest players in the NHL, or does it just seem that way?
Rock Monster Wrote:Back to the thread topic: Is crosby one of the dirtiest, cheapest players in the NHL, or does it just seem that way?

It just seems that way. That title belongs to Avery.

Cuppie, you're absolutely right, that was an incredibly poor showing by the pens. It would seem that the Wings are just a better team.
Avery isn't playing right now though.
Plus, Avery may be dirty, but he isn't a cheap shot artist. He will hit you in the face, then stand up to you. Crosby will slash you across the back of the knees, then skate away. He knows if anyone touches him, he won't have to fight, because of his team mates. It would be like Lidstrom or Datsyuk giving cheap shots.
i read in a sports illustrated players poll that crosbitch is the biggest baby/call arguer/flopper in the league.
Yeah those are all good points.

I clearly took a shot in the dark hoping you would just let it slide.
So, are you starting to see why we hate Crosby so much?
Absolutely. Still won't change the fact that I'm a Pens fan and I'll try to defend him, however poorly that may be.
burnking Wrote:Absolutely. Still won't change the fact that I'm a Pens fan and I'll try to defend him, however poorly that may be.

Can't say that I wouldn't do the same.
Sooner or later you have to let the home team guy prove himself a whiny bitch.

Detroit Tigers fans: Please see Higginson, Bobby and Inge, Brandon.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
he does talk to the refs a lot... but i really dont think he flops as much as people think he does.. remember hes still a boy playing with men. even now years into his career he dosent even have a house.. still lives in marios place.. he will grow up mentally and physically and when he does watch out...

oh yea... any pens fans pissed therion got booted? wtf the man earned the right to try and straighten the ship after only a few bad months... what did they expect lookin malone and hossa and not having gonchar till 2 days ago and whittney the first 2 months??
alpacafarmer Wrote:he does talk to the refs a lot... but i really dont think he flops as much as people think he does.. remember hes still a boy playing with men. even now years into his career he dosent even have a house.. still lives in marios place.. he will grow up mentally and physically and when he does watch out...

oh yea... any pens fans pissed therion got booted? wtf the man earned the right to try and straighten the ship after only a few bad months... what did they expect lookin malone and hossa and not having gonchar till 2 days ago and whittney the first 2 months??

I really don't think he flops that much. That's not the problem. It's the cheap shots, like the video that was shown (I think in this thread) and the slashes to the back of the legs when the refs not looking.

Seriously, a 21 year old millionare without a house? Is he not planning on staying in Pittsburgh?
Rock Monster Wrote:
alpacafarmer Wrote:he does talk to the refs a lot... but i really dont think he flops as much as people think he does.. remember hes still a boy playing with men. even now years into his career he dosent even have a house.. still lives in marios place.. he will grow up mentally and physically and when he does watch out...

I really don't think he flops that much. That's not the problem. It's the cheap shots, like the video that was shown (I think in this thread) and the slashes to the back of the legs when the refs not looking.

Seriously, a 21 year old millionare without a house? Is he not planning on staying in Pittsburgh?

haha.. yea hes staying. mario if friends with his dad and being that he was just 17 i think when he came to the burg mario took him in and they are pretty much best buddies.. ive hear he is house shopping but for what is is now?? 4 years hes been living in his bacment!! lol
alpacafarmer Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:I really don't think he flops that much. That's not the problem. It's the cheap shots, like the video that was shown (I think in this thread) and the slashes to the back of the legs when the refs not looking.

haha.. yea hes staying. mario if friends with his dad and being that he was just 17 i think when he came to the burg mario took him in and they are pretty much best buddies.. ive hear he is house shopping but for what is is now?? 4 years hes been living in his bacment!! lol

One of my good friends lives a few houses down from Lemieux. She said she sees them every once in awhile. This really doesn't do anything to further the conversation, I just wanted to throw that out there.
burnking Wrote:
alpacafarmer Wrote:haha.. yea hes staying. mario if friends with his dad and being that he was just 17 i think when he came to the burg mario took him in and they are pretty much best buddies.. ive hear he is house shopping but for what is is now?? 4 years hes been living in his bacment!! lol

One of my good friends lives a few houses down from Lemieux. She said she sees them every once in awhile. This really doesn't do anything to further the conversation, I just wanted to throw that out there.

haha.. thats cool tho!
Rock Monster Wrote:The simple fact that there are 2 assists on virtually every goal in the NHL tells you that it is harder to get goals than assists. (almost twice as hard!! Big Grin)

Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:I would think that, logically, it's much easier to get an assist. Yes, you may have to slide it by a defenseman.. but the the person you're sending it to is trying to receive it. If you're shooting, you're sending the puck into a small space with a goalie and probably at least one defenseman who simply have to skate in front of it to ruin the shot. The goal's not going to do everything it can to receive the puck, whereas your teammate will do whatever they can to take it and go.
ok, well you tell me which was harder here: the assist, or the goal

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=2...ent=EDM342
dingdongyo Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:The simple fact that there are 2 assists on virtually every goal in the NHL tells you that it is harder to get goals than assists. (almost twice as hard!! Big Grin)

Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:I would think that, logically, it's much easier to get an assist. Yes, you may have to slide it by a defenseman.. but the the person you're sending it to is trying to receive it. If you're shooting, you're sending the puck into a small space with a goalie and probably at least one defenseman who simply have to skate in front of it to ruin the shot. The goal's not going to do everything it can to receive the puck, whereas your teammate will do whatever they can to take it and go.

I agree with DingDong on this example and I've seen other goals where the puck is shot in from the point and it brushes the guy in front of the net's jersey (Luc Robitaille in the 2002 playoffs) and that guy is credited with a goal. Unfortunately there will never be a scoring system based on effort involved. Though the NHL got it right by awarding the same number of points for a goal or an assist.
dingdongyo Wrote:

I can't watch the link, so please forgive me on that. On most goals, the assist is easier than the goal. For every example of an assist that is harder, I bet I could find 10 that the assist wasn't earned. (at least one for most every goal)

Also, on your link, was there a second assist given out? Was that harder than the goal?
Also, back to the Crosby issue...

I have decided that I am not going to watch any more Pens games this year, unless they end up playing the Wings in the finals, which looks highly unlikely. Every time I watch them, and hate Crosby a little more, and respect him a lot less. He is a bitch.
Rock Monster Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:ok, well you tell me which was harder here: the assist, or the goal

I can't watch the link, so please forgive me on that. On most goals, the assist is easier than the goal. For every example of an assist that is harder, I bet I could find 10 that the assist wasn't earned. (at least one for most every goal)

Also, on your link, was there a second assist given out? Was that harder than the goal?

my example was the 2nd period goal for calgary by iginla last saturday. there was a second assist. the highlight doesn't show it, and i don't remember it from the game. but i don't think it could have been any easier than the goal itself. my only points were that the entire play creates the goal, and it depends on the individual play which was more difficult.
dingdongyo Wrote:my only points were that the entire play creates the goal, and it depends on the individual play which was more difficult.

And I completely understand your point. My point is that on most NHL goals, the goal is harder than one, if not both, of the assists.

If there are 10 goals scored, there are probably going to be about 18 assists. (at least) Of those 28 total points, I'm betting that somewhere around 6 or 7 goals were harder, on the other 3 or 4 goals, the assists were harder. Assuming that is true, or close to it, that means around 15 assists were "easier" than the goals scored.

I think I confused myself...
The proof is in the numbers people. People will always have more assists than goals. Assists are easier to get than a goal. Look at Chris Osgood. He has 1 goal his entire career but he has a number of assists.
cuppie Wrote:The proof is in the numbers people. People will always have more assists than goals. Assists are easier to get than a goal. Look at Chris Osgood. He has 1 goal his entire career but he has a number of assists.
i took the argument to my brother, thinking i'd be getting some support. but he pretty much agreed with you:

[quote]It depends on how you want to look at it. Let
Even Ovechkin thinks Crosby is cheap, and whines too much.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/arti...wD96H7E0O0