Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da dooo Superbowl!
Rock Monster Wrote:Now that I've looked into this a little, this may be fun...

alpacafarmer Wrote:ben is now 7 - 1 in the playoffs.

He is actually 8-1

His win percentage is actually 71.8% (51 out of 71 games won)
72.8% if you are counting playoffs (59 out of 81)

He is actually tied for 7th with Brees (3,650 attempts), behind Young (4,149), Peyton Manning (5,960), Warner (3,557), Brady (3,653), Montana (5,391), Pennington (2,395).

Ben only has 1,905 attempts. Watch his QB rating fall (my guess) as he has more passes in the league. Culpepper is 9th on the list... is he one of the best QB's in the game??

alpacafarmer Wrote:33% of the games he has played in he as had a game winning drive in

19 fourth quarter comebacks, counting the playoffs. 19 out of 81 games = 23% Out of those 19 comebacks, he was only involved in 6 of the scoring plays.

I never said he wasn't good. I just said he was over rated. His defense has won him most of those games.

references:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Roethlisberger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_career_...ng_leaders
NFL.com

Not even sure why you spent the time laying out a well-reasoned argument like that... you know farmer will just come back with some gibberish, and totally ignore any and all reason while doing so.
potthole Wrote:Not even sure why you spent the time laying out a well-reasoned argument like that... you know farmer will just come back with some gibberish, and totally ignore any and all reason while doing so.

Mostly just to point out that every "fact" that he had was wrong, and maybe ruin any credibility that he may have thought that he had, or will ever hope to have in the future.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Others around here still think farmer is credible? Wink
Funny though if you look at his profile his last log-in was after RM wrote that. I guess you left him speechless.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
potthole Wrote:Others around here still think farmer is credible? Wink

That's why I worded it very carefully, and said any credibility that he thought that he had.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Jiggy Wrote:Funny though if you look at his profile his last log-in was after RM wrote that. I guess you left him speechless.

It's like talking quantum physics to a downs patient.
Rock Monster Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Others around here still think farmer is credible? Wink

That's why I worded it very carefully, and said any credibility that he thought that he had.

D'oh! Missed that.

http://www.talonse.com/audioinsults/ImStupid.wav

alpacafarmer Wrote:33% of the games he has played in he as had a game winning drive in

19 fourth quarter comebacks, counting the playoffs. 19 out of 81 games = 23% Out of those 19 comebacks, he was only involved in 6 of the scoring plays.

I never said he wasn't good. I just said he was over rated. His defense has won him most of those games.

You and I have been through this, so I'm not looking to debate it any further. Smile I'd just like to point out how the "involved in scoring plays" is a bit misleading when you're discussing how well a quarterback responds in a come from behind situation.. the point being that on a game-winning drive, Ben could go 7/7 with 60 passing yards. Then, when they get down inside the five and, the Steelers being the Steelers, they pound the ball in on the ground. Just because he didn't toss a TD to win the game doesn't make his contribution to the drive any less valuable.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:

You and I have been through this, so I'm not looking to debate it any further. Smile I'd just like to point out how the "involved in scoring plays" is a bit misleading when you're discussing how well a quarterback responds in a come from behind situation.. the point being that on a game-winning drive, Ben could go 7/7 with 60 passing yards. Then, when they get down inside the five and, the Steelers being the Steelers, they pound the ball in on the ground. Just because he didn't toss a TD to win the game doesn't make his contribution to the drive any less valuable.

That is true, yes.

But to counter that, a fourth quarter comeback could be when they are down 13-10 in the third quarter. They move the ball down (however they do it) to the 1, and the quarter runs out. 1st play of the fourth, they bang it in. No more scoring after that. Ben is credited with a 4th qtr comeback.

Also, in the sites I referenced, one of his "comebacks" was by the defense returning an int for a TD. How does he get credit for that?

And like I said, and talked to you about, he isn't a bad QB. I just don't think he's already a Hall of Famer like most are already to anoint him.

EDIT: Also, they were 4th quater game winning drives, not comebacks. Some of them they entered the 4th with a tie score. My bad... Sad
Yeah, I understand. I'll admit a bias when it comes to Big Ben, or any of the other Steelers.. but I was right this year when no one believed me that A) They'd win the Super Bowl and B) Harrison would be DPOY. While I don't think Ben'll ever be considered one of the game's great passers (unless he gets a stud WR and vastly improved OL in the near future.. I've got lotsa love for Hines, but he's like a WR version of Ben.. won't have the numbers for a first-ballot HOF wideout, but he's great), I still think he'll end up HOF material. Hell, they let Namath in..
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
i went off the stats quoted on local radio.. but maybe ur right.. mabye i was off by a percent here or there... ur sooo smart rock monster.. but its cool.. i can take the beating from all of you and not really worry about it. and yep, i saw the pens blow a 2 -0 lead in toronto last night.. but i wont cry about it cause my hockey team was in the finals last year and my football teams won 2 of the last 4 superbowls.
Jiggy Wrote:Funny though if you look at his profile his last log-in was after RM wrote that. I guess you left him speechless.

and the reason i dont post as much is that i run a business, and a 5 person family.. although im sure your all pretty busy too.. :-X