Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Tops in GR
jgwelding Wrote:Best Chinese food: XO Asian Cuisine

And they are pretty reasonable for downtown.

Knowing the craptacular GR Press list, I'm sure they would have given that award to Chinamax in the foodcourt at Rivertown Crossings.
potthole Wrote:

Knowing the craptacular GR Press list, I'm sure they would have given that award to Chinamax in the foodcourt at Rivertown Crossings.
Well I know Speedway gas stations sell egg rolls so I'm sure they would have gotten an honorable mention.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Who has the best weiner's in town?
They didn't have that category in the list. Yet another reason why it sucked so much.
dumberthanzane Wrote:Who has the best weiner's in town?
[Image: 51uftnGZYbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg]
Tongue Tongue
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
potthole Wrote:

I had that for lunch the other day. I love that place.
Oh, it's not awful, but I wouldn't dream of saying it's the best Chinese in all of West Michigan.
cuppie Wrote:Beltline Bar is ok. I would choose the Grand Villa/Dungeon for Mexican food though. Their Chips and Cheese is incredible. The cover their chips with a pound of cheese.

Never been to Beltline, so I can't compare, but I love the Dungeon's Mexican menu. Wet meat burrito + chips and cheese is the absolute best. The rest of their food is pretty good too if you're not in the mood for Mexican.

The Press list sucks, that's for sure. Are we sure this wasn't just David Mayo's list of restaurants he hits up when he gets the munchies?
Judging from Burger King being in a tie for "Best Burger", it wouldn't surprise me!
Mmm....dungeon mexican...delicioso. Italian, have to with carrabas....even though it's a chain, the food is fantastic....I've never had a bad meal there. The best is sitting at the pasta station and getting free appetizer samples right from the chefs.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
potthole Wrote:

Only if they bought a years worth of quarter page ads
Wowie Groovie !
vsangelchick Wrote:Mmm....dungeon mexican...delicioso. Italian, have to with carrabas....even though it's a chain, the food is fantastic....I've never had a bad meal there. The best is sitting at the pasta station and getting free appetizer samples right from the chefs.

Yeah it's a chain, but the 2 best meals I've ever had in a restaurant were from Carrabas
Wowie Groovie !

I like the Dog Pit, but that one place who's name I can't think of right now is pretty good.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:

I like the Dog Pit, but that one place who's name I can't think of right now is pretty good.

YESTERDOG!!!!
cuppie Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:I like the Dog Pit, but that one place who's name I can't think of right now is pretty good.

YESTERDOG!!!!

I've never eaten at Yesterdog, the place I'm thinking of and still can't come up with the name of is on Ionia near McFaddens
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
cuppie Wrote:YESTERDOG!!!!

I've never eaten at Yesterdog, the place I'm thinking of and still can't come up with the name of is on Ionia near McFaddens

They have a cart outside McFaddens after the bars close don't they?
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
TOP, you are thinking of the Ritz.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Yesterdog does have the best dogs in town
Corner Bar in Rockford gives Yesterdog a challange. MUCH better fries at corner bar.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
Yesterdog barely beats out Grand Coney, which barely beats out the Corner Bar. Grand Coney's fries also nudge out the ones from the Corner Bar. I wasn't all that impressed with the Dog Pit at all.
zdunklee Wrote:TOP, you are thinking of the Ritz.

Yes, Ritz Coney.

I'm still a Dog Pit fan though
Wowie Groovie !
I guess I'll have to give Dog Pit another try, their food just tasted bland when I went there last.

Anybody ever have the uber-burger from Grand Coney? I can't think of what its actual name is, but it's a cheeseburger with bacon, hot dog, chili and cheese on it. Seems like something found on "This is why you're fat" website featured on the show recently.
It's a great place for when they kick you out of the bar...

I think imma stop there on my way home from the lab...
Wowie Groovie !
Maybe that was my problem... ate there before the drinking started.
-1 for the Dog Pit, because if I order a "Chicago-style" hot dog, I shouldn't have to say "no chili" and "no ketchup" by definition.
Speaking of Chicago style dogs, there will be a new food stand at Whitecaps games this year that sells 'em.
Len Wrote:-1 for the Dog Pit, because if I order a "Chicago-style" hot dog, I shouldn't have to say "no chili" and "no ketchup" by definition.

Yeah, they do seem to like the ketchup there
Wowie Groovie !