Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamer talk
dingdongyo Wrote:
misstiger10 Wrote:Yea but way better graphics and all that goodness. Sims jsut annoys me lol check it out
www.secondlife.com

i just made some guy named moongoose to see what it was like. it's cool, but it's too involved for me. i spend too much time on the computer already.

I did this too awhile back. I don't even remember my guys name now. I went on once and walked around then left. Like you said, I don't need one more thing keeping me in front of the computer. Especially now that it looks like warmer weather is headed our way.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Bought Ninja Gaiden 2
hard as shit.
Next-gen Xbox confirmed by developer

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/news.pht...oper.phtml

*I was going to actually break down and buy one of these sometime in the next year or so. Maybe I'll just save my money and buy it's replacement.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Maybe this one wouldn't be as easy to kill as the 360.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
The 360's hasn't been easy to kill for about 2 years, since they started selling all the new ones with the smaller 65nm chipset. I think they are putting 45nm chipsets into them now. I have an original run 360 that took 2 and 1/2 years to get the RROD, and hasn't had any problems since I sent it in.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:The 360's hasn't been easy to kill for about 2 years, since they started selling all the new ones with the smaller 65nm chipset. I think they are putting 45nm chipsets into them now. I have an original run 360 that took 2 and 1/2 years to get the RROD, and hasn't had any problems since I sent it in.

My friends had gotten a new one when they came out, and just the week before last it showed the Red Ring of Death.
Krystal Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:The 360's hasn't been easy to kill for about 2 years, since they started selling all the new ones with the smaller 65nm chipset. I think they are putting 45nm chipsets into them now. I have an original run 360 that took 2 and 1/2 years to get the RROD, and hasn't had any problems since I sent it in.

My friends had gotten a new one when they came out, and just the week before last it showed the Red Ring of Death.

New one with the new chipset? Or a new one when the 360 was brand new?

I have had a friend get one on the Elite, but he's an idiot and puts it in the center of his entertainment center standing up and then puts the games and dvd's he owns on the sides, thus covering up half the vents....and he wonders why it eff's up.
New one with the new chipset. They bought it specifically because they were afraid their old one would die, and they would be completely out.
Did they try a different power cable? I have read recently that about 50% of the RROD problems are caused because of a bad power block.
I don't know. It doesn't really matter now, because they got another new one to replace it (Chuck couldn't go without his Guitar Hero).
Wait so they paid for a new one as opposed to just sending it to get fixed for free?
Warranty was up in February. They decided they might as well just get a new one.
The RROD is a 3 year warranty. Everything else is a year, so the only way the RROD warranty could be up is if it was a March 2006 or older model, which is the old crappy chipset.

Also if they still have that one I suggest getting it fixed and selling it cause at least they could make some money back then.
I don't know. I just remember them upgrading. As long as mine doesn't explode, I don't really care.
Yea, also in the first 3 months of the newer chipset there was no guarentee that what you bought in the store actually had the new chipset in it because of the backlog of the system with the older chipsets. So even buying a new one then didn't guarentee you got the good stuff, and more than likely you would get an old system.
I've only had my own for a little while. I just keep hoping it won't overheat because my cat has learned how to turn it on (by the console and the controller), so it's on all day when I'm gone...
As long as the vents are not covered (like if the cat sits on top of it when you aren't there) you shouldn't have a problem because it wouldn't be doing much work under a load so it should stay fairly cool.
Krystal Wrote:I've only had my own for a little while. I just keep hoping it won't overheat because my cat has learned how to turn it on (by the console and the controller), so it's on all day when I'm gone...

You could unplug it Undecided
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
^that too, pretty hard to turn on if it doesn't have power. Even then tho the controllers will just stay on when the cat presses the button because it will be searching for the xbox, so if you unplug it also make sure you either take the batteries out of the controllers or hide them from the cat. Otherwise they will be on all day wasting batteries.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Krystal Wrote:I've only had my own for a little while. I just keep hoping it won't overheat because my cat has learned how to turn it on (by the console and the controller), so it's on all day when I'm gone...

You could unplug it Undecided

Mine is plugged into a surge protector with an off button that kills power to everything. By turning off an entire unit like that (kills power to xbox, dvd, tv...) you save a good amount of electricity.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
The plugs in my apartment are a million years old, and the only surge protector I have has 3 prongs (the plugs only have 2)
Break the third prong off and problem sloved. It won't be a surge protector anymore because that requires the grounded prong, but it won't be any worse than how it is plugged in now and you will be able to shut if off witht he switch. You can get cheap surge protecters for like 10 bucks if your current one is a fairly expensive one.

Or go to home depot and buy a $1 two prong to three prong adapter like I did when I lived in a place with only 2 prong outlets.
Leaked Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 cover,

[Image: COD4Part2.jpg]
Recently I've been wanting to play more Resident Evil 5. Then either Mirror's Edge or Street Fighter IV, whichever one I get ahold of first. And sooner or later I'll go buy my favorite PSOne games -- Einhander, Omega Boost, and Evil Zone.
"Nothing good can come from staying with normal people." - Harry McDougal, Outlaw Star
Sweetness x 10

a ScummVM app is on the G1. I can now play monkey island, maniac mansion, and other games that used the Scumm engine.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I play all the Rockband and Guitar Hero games. Do very well on the guitar (expert most songs, hard others), not so much on the drums.

Other titles I like include Halo 3, Crackdown, Castle Crashers, Gears of War 1 and 2, and even though I don't understand it at all, I kick ass at Carcassone.

On the pc side, I only play 2 games. The first is Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. I can get lost in that game for hours.

The other is Virtual Pool 3. Pool has become a passion over the last year or so, and playing the VP3 game has actually improved my real life skills.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Pure awesomeness, true classic.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://uploads.ungrounded.net/58000/58184_boco2.swf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uploads.ungrounded.net/58000/58184_boco2.swf</a><!-- m -->

here is another good one
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://uploads.ungrounded.net/169000/169933_ff7.swf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uploads.ungrounded.net/169000/169933_ff7.swf</a><!-- m -->

I would embed them here but they kind of bog things down so i will just link it.
not a big fan of the left 4 dead survival mode add-on
Awesome
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2JtKyAJrf4[/youtube]
check it out peoples... awesomeness only on the Wii...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhH1oXxd61Q[/youtube]
http://www.medalofhonor.com/

This game looks awesome. I can't wait.