Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arguments with your friends
God, my head hurts. I've got to go home......too......much........math.......too.......early!
.99999999~ doesn't equal 1, yes 3/3 equals 1 for one of two reasons, infinate is not really infinate....or Math is not the 'universal language' and it's all relative.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:.99999999~ doesn't equal 1, yes 3/3 equals 1 for one of two reasons, infinate is not really infinate....or Math is not the 'universal language' and it's all relative.
...what?
i'm not sure
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Math is probably the least relative thing in the cosmos.
2 is twice as big as 1...relatively speaking it's double the amount. It's all relative.
Relative only applies to opinions. There's no opinions about whether 2 is bigger than 1. That's like saying Oranges are Orange...relativity.
Math is called the "universal language" because it's always the same. No matter what language you actually speak, 1+1 always equals 2.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
[Image: motivator1849414.jpg]
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I just know after reading this thread that a group of 9's and 3's are coming to get me in my sleep tonight.

[Image: 310.gif]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:.99999999~ doesn't equal 1, yes 3/3 equals 1 for one of two reasons, infinate is not really infinate....or Math is not the 'universal language' and it's all relative.

Infinate is not really infinate? Dude, the probabilities in Pi2 clearly denote permutation within the interquartile range!!! How can you not see that? Undecided
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:

Infinate is not really infinate? Dude, the probabilities in Pi2 clearly denote permutation within the interquartile range!!! How can you not see that? Undecided

can someone translate this for me? i lost my decoder ring.
okay lets get this one back on topic and move the argument here

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...hread=3265

To get this back on track.

I had an argument with someone that it is possible to create a processor based on lasers instead of using the regular electric signals that processors use, this would create a faster processor, and possibly a new way to create the information in genera.

Funny thing is about a month after he told me "when you know someone who has an engineer degree like me you can tell me how you can make this without it burning through" there was an article about a company working on a laser based processor.
dingdongyo Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:Infinate is not really infinate? Dude, the probabilities in Pi2 clearly denote permutation within the interquartile range!!! How can you not see that? Undecided

can someone translate this for me? i lost my decoder ring.

Oh yeah sorry. It says:
Infinate is not really infinate? Dude, the probabilities in blah blah blah blah blah blah!!! How can you not see that?
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
dingdongyo Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Another argument I have with my boyfriend and mother is whether or not people who are born into poverty have a fair chance to make it in life. I think they sure as hell do if they work hard. Sure doing well in school and going to college has some to do with your upbringing, but just because you are born into hard times doesn't mean you are bound to be poor for the rest of your life. But that's more of a political debate.

i agree they have a chance. i don't agree it's fair. one person having to work harder than another to achieve the same amount of success is unbalanced, and therefore unfair.

Maybe I should rephrase this. They think that poor people can't help being poor, therefore they need assistance whether it be monetary or college admission or what have you. I think that's bull, you reap what you sow.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:i agree they have a chance. i don't agree it's fair. one person having to work harder than another to achieve the same amount of success is unbalanced, and therefore unfair.

Maybe I should rephrase this. They think that poor people can't help being poor, therefore they need assistance whether it be monetary or college admission or what have you. I think that's bull, you reap what you sow.

I believe you can't help starting out poor. Sometime shit just happens and that doesn't help. I don't believe being born poor necessitates you being poor your entire life.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Krystal Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Maybe I should rephrase this. They think that poor people can't help being poor, therefore they need assistance whether it be monetary or college admission or what have you. I think that's bull, you reap what you sow.

I believe you can't help starting out poor. Sometime shit just happens and that doesn't help. I don't believe being born poor necessitates you being poor your entire life.

It doesn't but when all you know is poor and you have no one to show you that there is more to life and you can do it, you stay there. There are a lot out there who feel there is no way they can to it because they didn't have access to the programs offered, and things like that, that could have shown a way out.

I have seen firsthand both sides of this coin.
Allyson Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:i agree they have a chance. i don't agree it's fair. one person having to work harder than another to achieve the same amount of success is unbalanced, and therefore unfair.

I 100% agree with you on this one. I may get some ribbing for this statement but everyone is where they are in life because that's where they choose to be. Talk to anyone successful and they will tell you they became that way when they made the decision to be successful. Yes, some people have harder struggles but that just means it will mean more to them when they do win as opposed to someone who just had "success" handed to them.
Philly Mike Wrote:
Krystal Wrote:I believe you can't help starting out poor. Sometime shit just happens and that doesn't help. I don't believe being born poor necessitates you being poor your entire life.

It doesn't but when all you know is poor and you have no one to show you that there is more to life and you can do it, you stay there. There are a lot out there who feel there is no way they can to it because they didn't have access to the programs offered, and things like that, that could have shown a way out.

I believe it is easier to be "successful" in you are from a wealthy family. That being said, it is not a given that if you are born in the lower class, that you have to stay there. It just means that you have to work harder, and have further to go.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners corrupted from infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners corrupted from infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them?

Heh?
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners corrupted from infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them?

Heh?

My sentiments exactly!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
okay, i think from here on out if any topics should begin to start up a debate we should start making separate threads on it to keep this on topic. lol either that or rename this thread the random debates thread.
Mike it is titled arguments with friends, isn't that exactly what this thread is going to cause is a debate almost every time? Seems to me most of these have people on both sides...
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:Mike it is titled arguments with friends, isn't that exactly what this thread is going to cause is a debate almost every time? Seems to me most of these have people on both sides...

That is exactly why it is in the touchy subject area.
zdunklee Wrote:Mike it is titled arguments with friends, isn't that exactly what this thread is going to cause is a debate almost every time? Seems to me most of these have people on both sides...

yeah but, considering the first post was this

Rock Monster Wrote:What are some on-going arguments that you have had with your friends, that you know you're right, and they are stupid.

I don't think he wanted to have a debate running through the place but that's just how i see it. that plus it would get too confusing having multiple arguments at once.
Aren't we all friends?
Hell no, I'm not friends with any of you mingers here...

... just kidding Tongue
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:Hell no, I'm not friends with any of you mingers here...

... just kidding Tongue

Damn, I was feeling good until I saw the j/k part. You tease.
Queenie Wrote:Aren't we all friends?

Never said we weren't friends. Just saying that this is about arguments with friends. not about getting friends to argue here.

so :
Philly Mike Wrote:
Krystal Wrote:I believe you can't help starting out poor. Sometime shit just happens and that doesn't help. I don't believe being born poor necessitates you being poor your entire life.

Thats my problem!!!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:It doesn't but when all you know is poor and you have no one to show you that there is more to life and you can do it, you stay there. There are a lot out there who feel there is no way they can to it because they didn't have access to the programs offered, and things like that, that could have shown a way out.

Thats my problem!!!

?? me?