Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions New Uniforms
... good one....

:thumbdown:
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
The Lions Superbowl is that they were the preseason champs.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:The Lions Superbowl is that they were the preseason champs.
That was last season, do you think they can do that AGAIN!!?!? Let's face it, having (and subsequently screwing up) the #1 pick is as good as it gets for Lions fan this year.
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
BWN 7 Wrote:Any of you Lions fans have Super Bowl* hangover?

*By "Super Bowl" I am referencing the NFL draft, which is the highest point of euphoria for a Lions fan (as opposed to victories, playoffs, Super Bowls, etc for other teams and their fans)

This is disappointing. I usually find your posts funny. :roll:
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Making fun of Lions fans is just utterly pointless. I know the team is the biggest joke in the history of professional sports. Why even waste your breath insulting them?
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
How disappointing. In the real world, my Lions fan friends at least have a little spunk left in them, some Cubs-esque "This is our year" - at least until the start of the season.

I will give this nag a respite; my beating of it obviously provides no value, comedic or otherwise.

PS - GO BEARS!!!!!
BWN 7 Wrote:How disappointing. In the real world, my Lions fan friends at least have a little spunk left in them, some Cubs-esque "This is our year" - at least until the start of the season.

Your friends are stupid. Any intelligent fan knows that they MIGHT win 5-6 games this next year..... at BEST. We (smart fans) haven't thought that we stood a chance for the last 6 or 7 years. (even after they were 6-2 a couple of seasons ago, I predicted that they wouldn't make the playoffs, and I'm a pretty loyal fan)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
BWN 7 Wrote:How disappointing. In the real world, my Lions fan friends at least have a little spunk left in them, some Cubs-esque "This is our year" - at least until the start of the season.

Your friends are stupid. Any intelligent fan knows that they MIGHT win 5-6 games this next year..... at BEST. We (smart fans) haven't thought that we stood a chance for the last 6 or 7 years. (even after they were 6-2 a couple of seasons ago, I predicted that they wouldn't make the playoffs, and I'm a pretty loyal fan)
Being stupid and a Lions fan appear to go hand in hand, no? Wink At least lately...

I remind them of this at every opportunity. Funny, they also tend to be U of M fans too. Coincidence??
I am a Lions fan too, because I am stupid... maybe.

There is nothing wrong with being a U of M fan though. Please point out any faults with Michigan, and tell me what school you cheer for, and I will tell you why U of M is better.
BWN 7 Wrote:I remind them of this at every opportunity. Funny, they also tend to be U of M fans too. Coincidence??

Excapt that save for last season, U of M has had moderate to decent success for the past decade and a half. Including multiple league (Big Ten) championships and a National Championship.
Rock Monster Wrote:I am a Lions fan too, because I am stupid... maybe.

There is nothing wrong with being a U of M fan though. Please point out any faults with Michigan, and tell me what school you cheer for, and I will tell you why U of M is better.
Are you speaking in general, or just football?

No need to get in to a pissing contest, there are aspects of both our chosen rooting interests that could be pitted against each other. I prefer Notre Dame, and you prefer Michigan - natural enemies. Tongue

[Image: NOTRE-DAME-LOGO.gif]
potthole Wrote:
BWN 7 Wrote:I remind them of this at every opportunity. Funny, they also tend to be U of M fans too. Coincidence??

Excapt that save for last season, U of M has had moderate to decent success for the past decade and a half. Including multiple league (Big Ten) championships and a National Championship.

[Image: App%20State%20shush.jpg]
BWN 7 Wrote:[Image: App%20State%20shush.jpg]

I can 1-up that....

[Image: charlie.jpg]
Rock Monster Wrote:

I can 1-up that....

[Image: charlie.jpg]
In what context?

That he's fat? Meh, means nothing to me. That his record lately is subpar? To that I'd counter - he's got a better record than DickRod. What specifically about Charlie is your counter point?

This is the beauty of the loss to App. State (at HOME no less) - until it happens to someone else on that big of a scale, you're the only ones that have done it. There is no acceptable retort; it is the ultimate Trump card. Try all you want, you lost to Appalachian State. At home. Neener, neener, neeeeeeeener. :lol:

And while we're on the subject of coaches, would you rather still have LLLLLLLoyd (who I met on line at the Starbucks at DTW a few weeks ago and thanked him as an ND fan for retiring. He laughed), or DickRod?

And school-history aside, would you rather have Charlie Weis or DickRod? Legit question, I've got plenty of UM fan friends who have all given different answers (once I've got yours I'll tell you the most popular).
My point with Weiss is that he won't be at ND long. He's barely scraping by.

Ap State was 1 loss.... 2 years ago. Get over it. We have. Didn't U of M Beat ND that year (38-0) and have a better record? (9-4 vs 3-9) Didn't ND lose to Navy that year? The only difference is that U of M was over-rated to start with.

I'm not sure about the Carr vs Rich Rod issue. I really liked Carr, but, like others, I was under the thinking that it was time for Carr to go.

I believe that Rich Rod will win a National Championship with U of M once he gets some speed players there. That doesn't help last season at all though.
Rock Monster Wrote:My point with Weiss is that he won't be at ND long. He's barely scraping by.

Ap State was 1 loss.... 2 years ago. Get over it. We have. Didn't U of M Beat ND that year (38-0) and have a better record? (9-4 vs 3-9) Didn't ND lose to Navy that year? The only difference is that U of M was over-rated to start with.

I'm not sure about the Carr vs Rich Rod issue. I really liked Carr, but, like others, I was under the thinking that it was time for Carr to go.

I believe that Rich Rod will win a National Championship with U of M once he gets some speed players there. That doesn't help last season at all though.
Real quick, since we've wandered in to off-topic (in case Mods are watching): Boy, do the Lions suck. And their "new" uniforms are too similar to their old uniforms - ergo, they suck.

Weis very well may not be at ND long - this year is his last opportunity. His first 2 years were a welcome surprise, the last two not so much. I believe he has the talent on the team now after a well-documented stretch of extremely bare cupboards (a very large reason why Ty was jettisoned). Time will tell. I do hope he does well, I don't want another coaching search (remember George O'Leary?)......

Uh, I won't be getting over App State any time soon, unless something else better (or worse) happens - it still resonates with my UM fans, and until they let it go I won't either.

Most of the UM fans who were very "tired" of the Lloyd regime are now grudgingly admitting I was right when I told them "be careful what you wish for" back a few years. 10+ wins and a major bowl every year is nothing to sniff at, sometimes change can end up being bad. DickRod can be a good coach, and I'm not going to say he WON'T win a NC, however I can imagine the drum beating VERY loudly for him this season if he loses more than 2 or 3 games. Getting a new expansion to the stadium (a shithole, btw - I hate going there) and having it NOT sell out because of the product on the field will not go over well.........
BWN 7 Wrote:Real quick, since we've wandered in to off-topic (in case Mods are watching): Boy, do the Lions suck. And their "new" uniforms are too similar to their old uniforms - ergo, they suck.

Weis very well may not be at ND long - this year is his last opportunity. His first 2 years were a welcome surprise, the last two not so much. I believe he has the talent on the team now after a well-documented stretch of extremely bare cupboards (a very large reason why Ty was jettisoned). Time will tell. I do hope he does well, I don't want another coaching search (remember George O'Leary?)......

DickRod can be a good coach, and I'm not going to say he WON'T win a NC, however I can imagine the drum beating VERY loudly for him this season if he loses more than 2 or 3 games. Getting a new expansion to the stadium (a shithole, btw - I hate going there) and having it NOT sell out because of the product on the field will not go over well.........

Yes, everything lions related sucks.

Weiss was winning with those "empty cupboards." He can't win with his guys.

I think Rod will get 1 more sub-par year before he gets too much (more) crap about not winning. I do think he needs to go to a bowl game this year though. (6-7 wins)
Rock Monster Wrote:
BWN 7 Wrote:Real quick, since we've wandered in to off-topic (in case Mods are watching): Boy, do the Lions suck. And their "new" uniforms are too similar to their old uniforms - ergo, they suck.

DickRod can be a good coach, and I'm not going to say he WON'T win a NC, however I can imagine the drum beating VERY loudly for him this season if he loses more than 2 or 3 games. Getting a new expansion to the stadium (a shithole, btw - I hate going there) and having it NOT sell out because of the product on the field will not go over well.........

Yes, everything lions related sucks.

Weiss was winning with those "empty cupboards." He can't win with his guys.

I think Rod will get 1 more sub-par year before he gets too much (more) crap about not winning. I do think he needs to go to a bowl game this year though. (6-7 wins)
No, the "empty cupboards" were during the last two years, where there was a dearth of upper-classmen. Ty was notoriously lax and it was well documented that he was not keen on recruiting, which created a lack of upper-classmen (specifically OL, a HUGE problem) in '07. '08 was going to be an upswing, as the younger players had a year under their belt and the schedule was "easier." The collapse of last year can be layed at Weis's feet for sure, his coaching ability with younger players being in question. This is the year of "His Guys" without question.

I disagree with your feelings on DickRod, although I can admit my finger is less on the pulse of that whore Ann Arbor than it is in South Bend. Should be another interested college football season, for sure...

Embarrassing, no doubt. But come on, that's one game. Compare that to an 0-16 season. Or missing your chance at the playoffs because you won the overtime coin toss, and elected to take the wind, rather than the ball. Not even close.

UM football has had way more success than Detroit Lions football for the better part of a decade, if not longer.
potthole Wrote:

Embarrassing, no doubt. But come on, that's one game. Compare that to an 0-16 season. Or missing your chance at the playoffs because you won the overtime coin toss, and elected to take the wind, rather than the ball. Not even close.

UM football has had way more success than Detroit Lions football for the better part of a decade, if not longer.
Oh, it's definitely apples and oranges. My point was that most people that are one are also the other....
BWN 7 Wrote:
potthole Wrote:

Oh, it's definitely apples and oranges. My point was that most people that are one are also the other....

I just wanted to point out that your beloved Notre Dame lost 38-0 to that same U of M team that lost to App State. Yup they couldn't score against a team that let App State put up 34 points...
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
BWN 7 Wrote:Oh, it's definitely apples and oranges. My point was that most people that are one are also the other....

True, and the way I interpreted your point was that one is a fan of two crappy teams if they are a fan of both the Lions and UM. Which I would argue is not the case. Only one of the two teams is crappy.
zdunklee Wrote:
BWN 7 Wrote:
potthole Wrote:

I just wanted to point out that your beloved Notre Dame lost 38-0 to that same U of M team that lost to App State. Yup they couldn't score against a team that let App State put up 34 points...
My beloved Notre Dame has lost to Michigan 18 times since 1978. Since the split of the divisions in 1978, only one ranked D-1 team has lost to a D-1AA school.

If ND had played App. State, they most likely would have lost. But they didn't. Michigan was the team that scheduled a home opener "cupcake" and then got depants-ed on their own field. Own it.
potthole Wrote:
BWN 7 Wrote:Oh, it's definitely apples and oranges. My point was that most people that are one are also the other....

True, and the way I interpreted your point was that one is a fan of two crappy teams if they are a fan of both the Lions and UM. Which I would argue is not the case. Only one of the two teams is crappy.
Last year they were both very crappy. My hope is that is the case again this year.
BWN 7 Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:
BWN 7 Wrote:
potthole Wrote:

My beloved Notre Dame has lost to Michigan 18 times since 1978. Since the split of the divisions in 1978, only one ranked D-1 team has lost to a D-1AA school.

If ND had played App. State, they most likely would have lost. But they didn't. Michigan was the team that scheduled a home opener "cupcake" and then got depants-ed on their own field. Own it.

How many times have the been shut out by U of M twice? I just find it funny you bring that up when you shouldn't talk cause your school obviously sucked even more that season, so much so that they couldn't even get into fieldgoal range...
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:
BWN 7 Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:
BWN 7 Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Embarrassing, no doubt. But come on, that's one game. Compare that to an 0-16 season. Or missing your chance at the playoffs because you won the overtime coin toss, and elected to take the wind, rather than the ball. Not even close.

How many times have the been shut out by U of M twice? I just find it funny you bring that up when you shouldn't talk cause your school obviously sucked even more that season, so much so that they couldn't even get into fieldgoal range...

"Yeah, that sucked. I can't believe we let that happen. We sucked that season."

- BWN 7

Only you and other Michigan fans (desperately clinging to some kind of "defense" of the App. State debacle) remember that ND/UM game or the score.

The whole CFB world remembers App. State, and where they were when they saw it/heard about it.

You'd be better served saying "yeah, that sucked. I can't believe we let that happen. We sucked that game" like the wise man quoted above. And moving on to a more interesting/winnable debate.

[Image: App%20State%20shush.jpg]
BWN 7 Wrote:Only you and other Michigan fans (desperately clinging to some kind of "defense" of the App. State debacle) remember that ND/UM game or the score.

The whole CFB world remembers App. State, and where they were when they saw it/heard about it.

You'd be better served saying "yeah, that sucked. I can't believe we let that happen. We sucked that game" like the wise man quoted above. And moving on to a more interesting/winnable debate.

You guys gotta admit, kids got chutzpah!
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.