Poll: Should the show bring back NTT as a weekly feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, every week
86.96%
60 86.96%
Yes, but not every week
7.25%
5 7.25%
No
5.80%
4 5.80%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name That Tune
I'd love to hear them do the "First Words" game again. Maybe alternate week to week between NTT and First Words? Or maybe just make a segment dedicated to mocking the hell out of Grundlenails.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Queenie Wrote:
Daniel Wrote:
Hurley Wrote:I am leaving the show. They didnt have NTT for one whole day, must mean they canceled it, and it will never be mentioned again. The only reason I listened every day was to make sure they didnt announce they were canceling NTT, and now they went and canceled it without mentioning it, so I wasted all that time Monday thru Thursday listenening! Bob and Tom here I come.

Your not Hurley. The real Hurley would've had some "dudes" thrown in there.

Dude, I totally agree.

Dude, I am not THAT Hurley.

But I suppose I can throw in a few Dudes, so as not to offend.
hotwings Wrote:To suggest that our show has recently become homogenized because of a new syndicator or aspirations of affiliate growth is stupid and ignorant and crackerdrunk can take his pimping of another show and shove it. Our show has been syndicated for 5 years and the only difference is the person who handles affiliates, which has absolutely no bearing on actual content or anyone listening. As far as NTT, we just simply decided to give it a breather. It's only 1/2 hour of over 30 hours of material per week, so I hardly think that the entire show has a different feel because we didn't do it once. Over the years, a LOT of segments have come and gone. It's not like we decided to start playing 4 Culture Club songs per hour or something. That's not to say that we don't want feedback or criticism, we just don't need clueless idiots like crackerdrunk critiquing the show based on utter nonsense.

Dude, I am so used to freebeer posting, i assumed this was him until I read the refs to HW.
Although I did think that freebeer usually doesnt fly off the handle like that...
I in no way claim to be any sort of radio expert, and I will agree that in most cases when the guys on the show decide to make a change, it is usually for the better. Therefore I can at least try and trust that any decision to can NTT was for the good of the show, but the question I have is why does it seem like all this stuff now is a secret? Why don't they acknowledge that the segment is gone, and at least explain why they did it, rather than just ignore it like it never existed. Free Beer has openly said it's his favorite segment, and clearly Hot Wings and Zane enjoy it as well. I don't think it's asking a lot to just mention "hey usually we'd play NTT tune at this time, but we're taking a break because..." That's all they have to do and this whole discussion is ended. While people will still complain, at least they got some justification. But lately small changes seem to go unmentioned and it's just confusing when you have such a rotating audience throughout the day. Just last week they talked about such a small detail as the new bump music they were using that Hot Wings gave them, and then this week the completely new show intros and voiceover guy go unmentioned. Sure they'd mentioned the guy in the past, but usually they make reference to it and keep everyone up to date as to what's going on. These are minor details in life, but the show is awesome and becomes such a part of everyones routine that it becomes necessary to call attention to changes. I loved NTT, I wish they still had it, but it's certainly their call to change things up, just please let us know what's going on.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
I liked NTT too. I will miss it. I hope it comes back soon.
I'm not one to say they should make the show just the way I want it, however N.T.T. was also my favorite segment of the week. I look forward to it coming up every week and I noticed immediatly when I was downloading the segments that it was missing. I know... "Waah, I'm sad about stuff", but I really really loved it and I hope you all reconsider bringing it back. This is my 2nd complaint ever, the first being when it was cut from 3 segments to 2.
certainlycertainly Wrote:I in no way claim to be any sort of radio expert, and I will agree that in most cases when the guys on the show decide to make a change, it is usually for the better. Therefore I can at least try and trust that any decision to can NTT was for the good of the show, but the question I have is why does it seem like all this stuff now is a secret? Why don't they acknowledge that the segment is gone, and at least explain why they did it, rather than just ignore it like it never existed.

First, please know that paragraphs were invented for a reason.

Second, please know that Hotwings even posted in this very thread that NTT wasn't removed for good from the show-- it was just put on break for awhile.
certainlycertainly Wrote:I .... But lately small changes seem to go unmentioned and it's just confusing when you have such a rotating audience throughout the day.....

I assume this is the exact reason they don't explain it. Because of said rotating audience, they would have to announce changes (like bump music, or announcer) every half hour. That would not only be annoying for them, but us listeners too.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Quote:First, please know that paragraphs were invented for a reason.

Second, please know that Hotwings even posted in this very thread that NTT wasn't removed for good from the show-- it was just put on break for awhile.

I apologize for the lack of paragraphs.

I realize HW addressed this point, but to say "on break" mind as well be a death sentence. I can't think of another segment that has gone away and then was brought back just because they needed some time away. They talk all the time about doing certain segments again, but it never seems to happen because they just move on. I'm just making the point that when arguably the best segment of the week goes away, it warrants some sort of mention.

Quote:I assume this is the exact reason they don't explain it. Because of said rotating audience, they would have to announce changes (like bump music, or announcer) every half hour. That would not only be annoying for them, but us listeners too.

Listening to the podcasts, they repeat things when coming in from a break all day, and have done this numerous times over the year. Quick mention, could have been done just Monday, and the issue is resolved.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
Hurley Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:
Daniel Wrote:Your not Hurley. The real Hurley would've had some "dudes" thrown in there.

Dude, I totally agree.

Dude, I am not THAT Hurley.

But I suppose I can throw in a few Dudes, so as not to offend.

Dude, i'm so glad you have decided to play along!

Welcome aboard!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
certainlycertainly Wrote:I apologize for the lack of paragraphs.

I realize HW addressed this point, but to say "on break" mind as well be a death sentence. I can't think of another segment that has gone away and then was brought back just because they needed some time away. They talk all the time about doing certain segments again, but it never seems to happen because they just move on. I'm just making the point that when arguably the best segment of the week goes away, it warrants some sort of mention.

Most things that are put on break weren't as widely popular, though. There's a reason those haven't come back.
I'd just like to add that I thoroughly enjoy NTT as well. It's a toss up between this and DTZ as to which are my favorite regular features.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
1) Big freeze/Mods, can we add a poll to this thread?

2) FB/HW or any other show-members, please note that we want this thread counted as a "positive" (read: We like the NTT segment and want it back) rather than a "negative" to fit in to your "Spite Board" agenda.

C) *FART*

4) It stinks in here.....
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
lwt Wrote:Howie Feltersnatch,

I know that it's been a while since you've had one but there are these things called jobs. These jobs give you money and not the government cheese that is sent to you at the beginning of the month or that food card which you can use to buy Doritos and Mountain Dew. The hard part of these jobs is that they have rules that you have to follow and if you don't follow them then they might get rid of you and not give you any money for your work. It might be tough for you to actually follow these rules (as seen by you currently dreaming about attending PC Pro School) but some of us like to earn money and not receive it from the government. One of these rules might be to not listen to the radio during our "work" or stream it from that internet which is now on computers. Yes, I might buy the podcast and therefore hear the full 30 hours per week but I choose to not do so and I suspect a lot of others out there do the same.

I could go on about how listening for 2.5 hours per week means that one segment being removed is a big change but I know that your free library time is about up.

ha, I can't beleive I didn't see this earlier!

I think I get to try out the ignore list now!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Huh, look at those poll results...
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:Huh, look at those poll results...

Who's that son of a bitch that voted differently?[Image: innocent0009.gif]
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
i think the guys should do what they feel is right for the show...they know that show better than we do (despite what most of us think) when it's ready to come back they should bring it back....

"what the guys think" shoulda been an option.

I enjoyed NTT, wish i woulda called in wihle it was still active as there were a few times where I woulda kicked some major ass, other times i woulda looked like a chode.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
<----Won an iPod and guessed songs correctly 3 other times on NTT.

So, I'm biased....
NTT was part of my Friday drive to work and added to my "its the weekend!" euphoria! I always hated "best of" on Fridays because it meant no NTT. Now that's every Friday Cry
torque91 Wrote:NTT was part of my Friday drive to work and added to my "its the weekend!" euphoria! I always hated "best of" on Fridays because it meant no NTT. Now that's every Friday Cry

Fo' shiz.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
hmm...

New voice over guy...

New syndicator guy or whoever that guy is that they talk about...

No mentioning of any changes in the show like they used to be upfront about...

No NTT...

WTF!
I'm not contributing any original thought, just nodding in agreement that NTT needs to come back, pronto. The poll displays a unanimous demand for return (the two other votes were just being douchey, I'm sure). Shame on not mentioning it during broadcast on Friday either. This Friday morning requires at least two rounds of NTT.
-Good evening, Scotty
ericvonanhalt Wrote:I'm not contributing any original thought, just nodding in agreement that NTT needs to come back, pronto. The poll displays a unanimous demand for return (the two other votes were just being douchey, I'm sure). Shame on not mentioning it during broadcast on Friday either. This Friday morning requires at least two rounds of NTT.
Sorry, best of tomorrow.
BWN 7 Wrote:
ericvonanhalt Wrote:I'm not contributing any original thought, just nodding in agreement that NTT needs to come back, pronto. The poll displays a unanimous demand for return (the two other votes were just being douchey, I'm sure). Shame on not mentioning it during broadcast on Friday either. This Friday morning requires at least two rounds of NTT.
Sorry, best of tomorrow.
Damn. That's what I get for falling behind on the podcasts.
-Good evening, Scotty
It's ok, Milton uploaded a NTT: Christmas edition where Hot Wings takes a beating, as well as the NTT: Kurt Bush as Count Stupid (Bwah Bwah).
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Milton feel our pain. The Kurt Busch Count Stupid is one of my favorite NTT segments ever.
Milton's pro.
-Good evening, Scotty
BWN 7 Wrote:<----Won an iPod and guessed songs correctly 3 other times on NTT.

So, I'm biased....

[drop]OHHHHH Good for Youuuuu[/drop]
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Dudes, i figured it out, the one person that said not to bring it back in this survey, must have emailed the station that they did not like the segment. Which translates into 1 million people not liking the segment, so new syndicator guy must have pulled the plug, on it, since it was uniformly disliked.
FreeBeer took a shot at this thread on Monday. He said, "[Stump the Show] is certainly on double secret probation."

[drop]arrow hitting bullseye[/drop]
Amateur Anti Spite Board Enthusiast
I don't think that was a shot at his thread. The stump the show was the worst stump the show segement I have heard in my 3+ years listening to FBHW's and it was all the terrible callers fault...I don't think they could have picked worse and less interesting questions.
zdunklee Wrote:I don't think that was a shot at his thread. The stump the show was the worst stump the show segement I have heard in my 3+ years listening to FBHW's and it was all the terrible callers fault...I don't think they could have picked worse and less interesting questions.

He called it double secret probation, someone on this thread was asking why they were now keeping secrets. It seemed like a classic Burnking sideways statement.
Could be I guess, but unlike NTT, stump the show might deserve probation.
NTT was my favorite segment, I wish it would remain a weekly event, but I'm not going to sit around expecting a message board poll to change the guys' mind on this- I have faith it will come back eventually. Til then, my Fridays will be a little less eargasmic.

Besides, the person who is most greatly affected by this is Kirt Bush!
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Just as a side note. I find it ironic that at the top of this thread right now is an advertisement for rapidrepair.com.
NTT is the greatest bit in radio and should never be gotten rid off! :thumbup:
Did I hear correctly that NTT will be back on Mondays?! I believe they are taking STS off for awhile...good, that segment SUCKED EGGS!!
For shizzle, I hate Stump the Show.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:For shizzle, I hate Stump the Show.

Diddo. Paired with an Idiot isn't my favorite either, but it's short so it doesn't bother me too much. Stump this show just destroys my faith in humanity.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
When STS has good questions it is awesome. Even many of the "bad" questions are funny to listen to. When the callers are just plain idiotic, however, it sucks. Which sadly has been the case more often than not recently.