Poll: Should the show bring back NTT as a weekly feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, every week
86.96%
60 86.96%
Yes, but not every week
7.25%
5 7.25%
No
5.80%
4 5.80%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name That Tune
The only thing I liked about STS was if they had an ambulance driver for a judge. This usually made for good comedy.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
NTT instead of STS would be awesome, what a way to start the week that would be! It also furthers my belief that Free Beer was not knocking this thread, but was in fact just pissed that STS has sucked with his comments on Monday.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
I don't think he was knocking the thread, I think he was referencing the way a few people on it were acting. I don't think them bringing it back neither proves nor disproves that. To me "double secret probation" was just said to be a funny inside joke for people on the forum, he is the burnking after all. Most of the posts on this thread are just people missing NTT, but a few of them were suggesting that the show had changed fundamentally, that's who I think he was talking about. FreeBeer please back me up.
Amateur Anti Spite Board Enthusiast
I think it was only because STS has become terrible as of late, backed up by the fact that it is now being replaced by NTT and has been confirmed to be on a long hiatus (if it ever makes it back). If the double secret probation was ever said in this thread I would take it as an inside joke, but it is just a movie reference that happend to make it a little funny even tho they were all pissed about Monday's STS suckiness. Kind of cleared the air a little before the commercial break.
Mondays are now awesome. I'll get up early from now on to listen.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
So it's back on Mondays? Did they say what time?
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
6:30am Eastern. 3+ contestants, and only 1 show member is allowed to play.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:6:30am Eastern. 3+ contestants, and only 1 show member is allowed to play.
6:30!?!? Jebus. Guess I'll have to go to bed extra early on Sunday night....

Only 1 show member, huh. I'm guessing it's going to be Zane, or are they going to rotate it? Do we know if Kurt Busch is doing it still, with a theme?
That's a TERRIBLE Idea.

Listeners SUCK at NTT.
I foresee this being the First Words Challenge all over again.
BWN 7 Wrote:
0rz0ski Wrote:6:30am Eastern. 3+ contestants, and only 1 show member is allowed to play.
6:30!?!? Jebus. Guess I'll have to go to bed extra early on Sunday night....

Only 1 show member, huh. I'm guessing it's going to be Zane, or are they going to rotate it? Do we know if Kurt Busch is doing it still, with a theme?

There will be 12 songs, and they will "roll the dice" to see which show member plays for each week. I hate that it will be at 5:30 CST. I'm not sure I would be awake enough to even recognize the songs!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Mark the Valet Wrote:That's a TERRIBLE Idea.

Listeners SUCK at NTT.
I foresee this being the First Words Challenge all over again.
Oh, I will OWN this game, especially if it's not Zane playing from the staff.....

i wish they wouldn't mess with what worked. switching the day and time is ok, but one of the things that make the bit great is the dynamic of the 3 or 4 hosts playing together. the bits that rely more heavily on caller involvement are way more prone to sucking. sometimes STS sucks, sometimes it's great. sometimes CWTTAB sucks, sometimes it's great. we tune in to listen to FB, HW, zane, and joe, not a bunch of regular folks. that's what makes the show work, you guys have a talent that most of us don't.

also, the excitement of buzzing in when you're alone and you beat all of the "radio" guys is great. it's a good feeling when i can name a song quicker than a bunch of guys who have worked in radio for at least a decade.

i enjoyed the old way it was done, when whoever won picked the list for the next week. ikb does a fine job, but it just wasn't the same. maybe whatever you see/hear first is what you enjoy most.

-still listening from Charleston
I am not sure I am going to like it on Mondays. Part of what made it fun was listening on the way to work on fridays. They always seemed to be on and it would go well because it was friday. They had some great things come out of it. 530 on Monday. No thanks :thumbdown:
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
boogernails Wrote:

i wish they wouldn't mess with what worked. switching the day and time is ok, but one of the things that make the bit great is the dynamic of the 3 or 4 hosts playing together. the bits that rely more heavily on caller involvement are way more prone to sucking. sometimes STS sucks, sometimes it's great. sometimes CWTTAB sucks, sometimes it's great. we tune in to listen to FB, HW, zane, and joe, not a bunch of regular folks. that's what makes the show work, you guys have a talent that most of us don't.

also, the excitement of buzzing in when you're alone and you beat all of the "radio" guys is great. it's a good feeling when i can name a song quicker than a bunch of guys who have worked in radio for at least a decade.

i enjoyed the old way it was done, when whoever won picked the list for the next week. ikb does a fine job, but it just wasn't the same. maybe whatever you see/hear first is what you enjoy most.

-still listening from Charleston

They didn't become a successful radio show by just doing the same thing every day. They have to evolve into new and different things. Who know, you may end up liking this more than the other one. I see some very strong advantages to this.

The show members won't be so dominate on the songs and it will give the audience more of a chance to win prizes....which means they are trying to help us out. It will also be good in those situations when, let's say, Hot Wings is playing and the answer is obvious but he does not get it. It will make for good public mocking. Do I like the old style, yes, but let's at least test the waters on this before we start criticizing it.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Quote:They didn't become a successful radio show by just doing the same thing every day. They have to evolve into new and different things.

Bingo
I'm always willing to try something new despite being a creature of habit. So I'm definitely not going to even consider poo pooing this change until it's got a few weeks under it's belt.

More than anything I'm just interested in knowing what made them decide to make this change. People say that the show should evolve and I agree but was there anything wrong with "Name That Tune" besides perhaps having the winner make the list again instead of Kurt Busch? It wasn't that long ago that they decided to boost the songs back up from 14 to 18 (which was still below the old 21.) Now we're suddenly cutting it down to 12? You have to admit, that's at least odd.

I know I'm only speaking for myself when I say this but I loved the games. It was a nice break from the norm. Every day the fifth segment would provide me with a little fun and then to get ready for the weekend "Name That Tune" would provide an extra hour of fun. It was a lock every week that "NTT" would be one of - if not the - funniest segment.

Now it seems like all the games are slowly going by the wayside. It almost feels like they're phasing them all out on purpose. Six games a week has now been cut to three. I can't fathom why they cut "Uncanny Impressions" which still has drops played that came out of it. "Stump the Show" was always great in my book. Bad judges and crappy questions made it that much more entertaining. It might be frustrating for the guys but as a listener it was great for me.

Like I said, I'm absolutely willing to listen to this new version of "NTT" and I'm hoping for the best. But I can't help but still bum a bit when a game gets shortened or goes away even if they say it might come back.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I protest.
I understand show evolution and such, but Friday NTT with all show hosts was absolutely great.
I still protest.
-Good evening, Scotty
ericvonanhalt Wrote:I protest.
I understand show evolution and such, but Friday NTT with all show hosts was absolutely great.
I still protest.

How exactly are you planning this protest??

I'm thinking you will still listen but when they go to start it on Monday you will think to yourself, "psssssh, it was better on Friday's.'

But if you are planning on picketing outside the studio let us know. I'm sure Pott and Titan would love to show up with camera's in tow.
Quote:How exactly are you planning this protest??

Maybe he's planning a public tea bagging.
mayorofawesometown Wrote:I'm always willing to try something new despite being a creature of habit. So I'm definitely not going to even consider poo pooing this change until it's got a few weeks under it's belt.

More than anything I'm just interested in knowing what made them decide to make this change. People say that the show should evolve and I agree but was there anything wrong with "Name That Tune" besides perhaps having the winner make the list again instead of Kurt Busch? It wasn't that long ago that they decided to boost the songs back up from 14 to 18 (which was still below the old 21.) Now we're suddenly cutting it down to 12? You have to admit, that's at least odd.

I know I'm only speaking for myself when I say this but I loved the games. It was a nice break from the norm. Every day the fifth segment would provide me with a little fun and then to get ready for the weekend "Name That Tune" would provide an extra hour of fun. It was a lock every week that "NTT" would be one of - if not the - funniest segment.

Now it seems like all the games are slowly going by the wayside. It almost feels like they're phasing them all out on purpose. Six games a week has now been cut to three. I can't fathom why they cut "Uncanny Impressions" which still has drops played that came out of it. "Stump the Show" was always great in my book. Bad judges and crappy questions made it that much more entertaining. It might be frustrating for the guys but as a listener it was great for me.

Like I said, I'm absolutely willing to listen to this new version of "NTT" and I'm hoping for the best. But I can't help but still bum a bit when a game gets shortened or goes away even if they say it might come back.

Well Said! :clap:
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
-Jiggy- Wrote:They didn't become a successful radio show by just doing the same thing every day. They have to evolve into new and different things. Who know, you may end up liking this more than the other one. I see some very strong advantages to this.

The show members won't be so dominate on the songs and it will give the audience more of a chance to win prizes....which means they are trying to help us out. It will also be good in those situations when, let's say, Hot Wings is playing and the answer is obvious but he does not get it. It will make for good public mocking. Do I like the old style, yes, but let's at least test the waters on this before we start criticizing it.

i understand that they need to evolve to stay relevant and fresh, but just look at the poll results above. there's only a very small percentage of listeners who don't love NTT. and they did become a successful radio show by having segments that their listeners enjoy. their evolution as a show manifests itself in other ways, such as the relationships that they have built in the years of working together. sure, they need to get rid of segments occasionally when they get tired. i used to enjoy idiot of the day, but when they dumped it, i understood. it made sense when they quit doing pa pranks. but NTT is a staple of the show. mcdonald's may change their menu around, but they'll always have the ol' favorite big mac.
hotwings Wrote:To suggest that our show has recently become homogenized because of a new syndicator or aspirations of affiliate growth is stupid and ignorant and crackerdrunk can take his pimping of another show and shove it. Our show has been syndicated for 5 years and the only difference is the person who handles affiliates, which has absolutely no bearing on actual content or anyone listening. As far as NTT, we just simply decided to give it a breather. It's only 1/2 hour of over 30 hours of material per week, so I hardly think that the entire show has a different feel because we didn't do it once. Over the years, a LOT of segments have come and gone. It's not like we decided to start playing 4 Culture Club songs per hour or something. That's not to say that we don't want feedback or criticism, we just don't need clueless idiots like crackerdrunk critiquing the show based on utter nonsense.
Big Grin
you go hotwings!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
Now if only we could get our hour back on 101.5 the hawk, in NH
boogernails Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:i used to enjoy idiot of the day, but when they dumped it, i understood. it made sense when they quit doing pa pranks. but NTT is a staple of the show.

I think you missed the part where they said it's coming back.

Who knows, they may put something in the Friday time slot that kicks NTT's ass.
New way of doing the game sounds interesting, I'm eager to hear it.

About the only thing I'm leery of is something that Mark pointed out-- how it can sometimes be difficult for the callers to hear the music. But, I won't knock it until I hear it, so until I do, I'll withhold critique.
tibbs81 Wrote:I don't think he was knocking the thread, I think he was referencing the way a few people on it were acting. I don't think them bringing it back neither proves nor disproves that. To me "double secret probation" was just said to be a funny inside joke for people on the forum, he is the burnking after all. Most of the posts on this thread are just people missing NTT, but a few of them were suggesting that the show had changed fundamentally, that's who I think he was talking about. FreeBeer please back me up.

I feel abandoned by FreeBeer. Cry Cry Cry Cry
tibbs81 Wrote:
tibbs81 Wrote:I don't think he was knocking the thread, I think he was referencing the way a few people on it were acting. I don't think them bringing it back neither proves nor disproves that. To me "double secret probation" was just said to be a funny inside joke for people on the forum, he is the burnking after all. Most of the posts on this thread are just people missing NTT, but a few of them were suggesting that the show had changed fundamentally, that's who I think he was talking about. FreeBeer please back me up.

I feel abandoned by FreeBeer. Cry Cry Cry Cry

Haha, that is prolly cause over the course of the last month is has changed fairly drastically, they have toned it down a lot, and taken away some games and moved others, and also made some fewer segments. All of which I would consider some pretty fundamental changes compared to what we have been getting up until now. I don't think all of them are bad, in fact I think the vast majority of them are great, but there have been a lot of changes.
He has had a busy weekend, I didn't think of that at the time. I'll withhold further tears until Monday. As far as the show goes though, whenever Milton posts best of from even just a few years ago it makes it obvious that the show has always been constantly changing. I don't really think the show has been toned down, I think they just go about it at a different angle. Friday's show when they were playing that 911 call I actually felt fatigued from laughing so much. I agree that the changes have been great.
I can't remember which segment it was but they talked about how it was toned down this week. Zane said he has toned it down a lot by trying not to use some drops and not swearing as much. So even they say it has been toned down. They talked about it for a good couple of minutes near the middle of the week, I am just not sure what segment or day.

I agree the show has been constantly changing, but never to this extent this quickly. I have listened since they have been in GR on GRD and ahve never noticed this many changes as close to each other as they have been. NTT being on Fridays and DTZ becoming one segement were huge changes from what I have heard for years. Not to mention the dropping of STS which was the last remaining game from the old Wheel of Bad Games they used to do on Mondays.
I have been a little disappointed by the censoring of things during the flashbacks.
STS is good because you hear people call in and act like idiots, but it's okay to do without it.

I kind of like the old way of doing NTT hearing the guys have an exchange because all of them are in the game is a little more fun than just only one being involved and the rest just are on the sidelines.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
tibbs81 Wrote:
Quote:How exactly are you planning this protest??

Maybe he's planning a public tea bagging.

that's correct, in a nutshell.
-Good evening, Scotty
zdunklee Wrote:I can't remember which segment it was but they talked about how it was toned down this week. Zane said he has toned it down a lot by trying not to use some drops and not swearing as much. So even they say it has been toned down. They talked about it for a good couple of minutes near the middle of the week, I am just not sure what segment or day.

I agree the show has been constantly changing, but never to this extent this quickly. I have listened since they have been in GR on GRD and ahve never noticed this many changes as close to each other as they have been. NTT being on Fridays and DTZ becoming one segement were huge changes from what I have heard for years. Not to mention the dropping of STS which was the last remaining game from the old Wheel of Bad Games they used to do on Mondays.

:clap: Well said.

I've never really been bothered by slight changes over time. Usually when they'd get rid of things or move them around I'd actually support the movement. It'd be segments that I didn't care for that much. It would happen so slowly that it was so easy to get accustomed to the new way of doing things. Now? They're changing a lot and fast. Some things don't really bother me like the new voiceover guy and the show definitely still has the same spirit. But I can't help feeling that things are just a little neutered.

Ashleyme Wrote:I have been a little disappointed by the censoring of things during the flashbacks.

Absolutely! That's just flat out confusing to me. Were they told to clean up their language a little bit? If something could fly a year ago when it was originally said then it should fly now unless there are some new FCC regulations.

I'm sure I sound like a whiny little bitch. Fair enough. I'll take my lumps. But with a fair number of things changing recently it's perfectly logical to wonder what other things might change.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
This thread should be renamed spite board central. :lol: I think when they censor the flashbacks they should do it like when networks air movies, and make ridiculous substitutions.
tibbs81 Wrote:This thread should be renamed spite board central. :lol: I think when they censor the flashbacks they should do it like when networks air movies, and make ridiculous substitutions.

That would be awesome, I think it will be interesting to see how much more changes here, I have a feeling they aren't done yet...
I listened to the new version of "Name That Tune" today and I have to say I like it. I don't like it more than the old version mostly because of the length but the changes weren't all bad. Some of the humor was lost because both Hot Wings and the listeners were on their A game but I guess that's just one of the pitfalls of the new version.

tibbs81 Wrote:This thread should be renamed spite board central. :lol: I think when they censor the flashbacks they should do it like when networks air movies, and make ridiculous substitutions.

Hot Wings should have to sit through every flashback with his finger on the button for the William Hung "peanuts" drop.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
That would work

This reminded me of yesterday when every song they played was Sublime and Cypress Hill and they actually played Afroman - Because I Got High and bleeped out the word "high" everytime with a rediculous sound effect. It was terrible.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
it seems they do the many change thing from time to time. They have done it before, especially when they were in there early days in NJ. During the like mike and rasty rakes days.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I was going to complain about the new NTT, but then I got High.
Doesn't really fit with the topic but I didn't want to create a new thread for one question.

What is the name of the Cypress Hill song that they played on 4/20?

*edit - on second thought. it absolutely fits with the topic!