Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Voice-Over Guy
Today was a little better than yesterday, but it does sound like a cheesy talk radio show with the "radio voice" guy trying to sell me things. I don't need to be sold on the podcast or T shirts, if I want them I can get them thanks.
Isn't that the point? I don't think the guy is supposed to be taken seriously. I'm starting to really dig the way they come back break now because they usually replay a quick, funny, little audio clip.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
killerb Wrote:Today was a little better than yesterday, but it does sound like a cheesy talk radio show with the "radio voice" guy trying to sell me things. I don't need to be sold on the podcast or T shirts, if I want them I can get them thanks.

It's funny cause Free Beer just complained about the video store trying to sell him a bunch of stuff he didn't want. Isn't the voice over guy kinda doing the same thing via radio when he says you can buy this on our website all the time? Not that I mind, but I'm just thinking it isn't much different.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
I hear what you are saying....I am not a fan of him at all.....I'm sure I will be all right with it in a few months..but for now he's a dud.......you do get what you pay for
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Now that I think about it, it sounds like the guy producer joe used to do voice overs in the political attack ads, in 2006.
its growing on me. not that what i think matters!
I don't mind him all that much, the only thing I don't like is the trying to sell stuff all the time during the intros.
Meh...it's ok. Better than the last dude...sounded like he was saying "what hot WINKS thinks."
Does anyone know who this guy is yet?
zdunklee Wrote:I don't mind him all that much, the only thing I don't like is the trying to sell stuff all the time during the intros.

That bugged me the first day I heard him, but then I saw how Hotwings posted in here that the voiceovers are supposed to be intentionally lame-- I think the hawking of crap is being done tongue in cheek.
potthole Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:I don't mind him all that much, the only thing I don't like is the trying to sell stuff all the time during the intros.

That bugged me the first day I heard him, but then I saw how Hotwings posted in here that the voiceovers are supposed to be intentionally lame-- I think the hawking of crap is being done tongue in cheek.

Tounge in cheek or not, you shoudn't complain about a video store doing it and then do virtually the exact same thing on your show.
They don't even play the welcome back music any longer than they used to. They just add his voice on top of it. The guy mentions the shop section, gives the phone number and gives the e-mail address... all things that Free Beer would do at different times if the voice over guy didn't.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
zdunklee Wrote:
potthole Wrote:

Tounge in cheek or not, you shoudn't complain about a video store doing it and then do virtually the exact same thing on your show.
I don't think it's virtually the same at all. Take this example... say you were driving a truck. A big one, making a delivery to somewhere, it doesn't matter where. Well, let's say you were delivering to a grocery store. While backing in, you hit dynamite that someone put on the loading dock....
I will say that I enjoy the sounds clips when they come back from commercial/break. The VO guy still doesn't feel right....

PS - burnking, I dig the HW story, I LOL'ed.
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
This voice over guy SUCKS!!! The guys are always talking about how they hate people who have fake radio voices........This is that guy! I know they have to move with the times, but this was a BAD move.
derski1120 Wrote:This voice over guy SUCKS!!! The guys are always talking about how they hate people who have fake radio voices........This is that guy! I know they have to move with the times, but this was a BAD move.

Do you even read the boards, or do you just blindly type whatever random thought comes to mind?

Titan! Wrote:I can't tell if the new VO guy is supposed to be intentionally lame and therefore funny or if he's being sincere and is therefore lame

hotwings Wrote:Intentional
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Read, comprehend, post. Repeat as needed.
no problem with him.

they have noticeably watered down the language though. it will take me longer to get used to zane not calling people dicks anymore.
BWN 7 Wrote:Read, comprehend, post. Repeat as needed.

But it's just more fun to be reactionary! :o
dingdongyo Wrote:no problem with him.

they have noticeably watered down the language though. it will take me longer to get used to zane not calling people dicks anymore.

It does seem to have changed, I didn't really notice it until you said something but I tend to agree.
With all this negative talk about the VO guy and NTT, the message board may never be mentioned again on air!
Like everyone says, Monday was just torture, but I'm almost done with Tuesday's show and it's growing on me. When things are different, it's hard to get used to. The new bump music took a while for me too.
Hurley Wrote:With all this negative talk about the VO guy and NTT, the message board may never be mentioned again on air!
The Spite Board will not be denied.
Hurley Wrote:With all this negative talk about the VO guy and NTT, the message board may never be mentioned again on air!

I don't think there has been any negative talk about NTT. It has all been positive about how much people actually really like that segment and miss it even for a week.
Why would you intentionally make something lame? That's just lame. Still not used to it. Only reason they won't say it sucks is because it's a friend of theirs and they don't want to tell him no.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
*deleted*
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
I don't really mind the VO guy, except I preferred the original WHWT intro/outro. It amused me every time. Now I am startled and pining for the old voice every time. Not really complaining though.

The thing I noticed most about the new VO is that if you listen to it without considering what he's actually saying, the new tone gives an overall more mainstream/conventional vibe to the show, at least in my opinion.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
torque Wrote:I don't really mind the VO guy, except I preferred the original WHWT intro/outro. It amused me every time. Now I am startled and pining for the old voice every time. Not really complaining though.

The thing I noticed most about the new VO is that if you listen to it without considering what he's actually saying, the new tone gives an overall more mainstream/conventional vibe to the show, at least in my opinion.

Hey ! ! ! You finally found your way to the new forum !
Wowie Groovie !
While I'll admit there were extenuating circumstances in my seemingly endless absence from the forum, the timing coinciding with the switch to a new board was purely coincidental. My only nostalgic gripes are that all my PM's from you from the previous forum were left behind and I have nothing to read to myself before bed anymore.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
torque Wrote:While I'll admit there were extenuating circumstances in my seemingly endless absence from the forum, the timing coinciding with the switch to a new board was purely coincidental. My only nostalgic gripes are that all my PM's from you from the previous forum were left behind and I have nothing to read to myself before bed anymore.

lmao
torque Wrote:I don't really mind the VO guy, except I preferred the original WHWT intro/outro. It amused me every time. Now I am startled and pining for the old voice every time. Not really complaining though.

I completely agree about the WHWT intro, every time I heard it I enjoyed it. The new voice overs are great though. I think it makes the show sound a lot more professional and therefore may open a lot of doors for them in the near future. Keep up the great work guys!!
Amateur Anti Spite Board Enthusiast
still hate the guy
They said a few weeks ago that he's made millions doing voice overs. I'm curious, just to get some context, about what he's done.
daredevil1 Wrote:Why would you intentionally make something lame? That's just lame.

What's the name of the radio show? The FREE BEER AND HOT WINGS show. Their very name is intentionally lame.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:
daredevil1 Wrote:Why would you intentionally make something lame? That's just lame.

What's the name of the radio show? The FREE BEER AND HOT WINGS show. Their very name is intentionally lame.

Apples and oranges. They said that tongue-in-cheek and it inadvertently stuck.
How is that apples and oranges? The voiceover guy pimps them but also insults them from time to time. How much more tongue-in-cheek do you need?

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Wow, I couldn't follow that argument at all.
Fine you win, I asked a 3rd party who doesn't listen to the show if she thinks it sounds weird and she said no.
I'm already used to it. Get over it, babies.
the new drops by the voiceover guy are hilarious :thumbdown: