Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL Playoffs
lets go pens..
how many games will this series go? i say 6 again... maybe 7..
6 games if the Pens are lucky. Maybe 6 the other way if Lidstrom, Datsyuk, etc can't get back. I will have to say that the Pens have been impressive lately. And to think that most of us nonPens fans thought you were talking out of your ass when you said that the Pens suck until after the Steelers are done with their season.
haha. i know it! i heard datsyuks injury is an inflamed testicle... is that true? if the wings are beat up its gonna be tough for them.. pens are healty and hot
Ericcson and Lidstrom are susposed to be in the game on Saturday, and Datsyuk is a game time decision. Personally Datsyuk is a great player but hasn't played well in the last two series anyway and they young guys have done a really good job picking up the slack, so the two defensemen are the most important because Chelios and Meech both suck.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
alpacafarmer Wrote:i heard datsyuks injury is an inflamed testicle... is that true?
I haven't heard that, but even if he had it removed, he'd still have more balls than Crosby.
[Image: motivator5832487fc1.jpg]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:[Image: motivator5832487fc1.jpg]

Haha, awesome Biff!!! :clap:
Red Wings up 1-0. Crosby continues to be a whiny bitch. Pubes from last year still on his face.
Wow how about Abedelkator. Two goals in two games. And both of them were Awsome!! The last one was a one on on three :lol: Sweet!!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Okay, so we talked about this a little bit at dinner tonight. But I'll throw it out there for the rest of you.

Growing up in Northern Indiana I had pretty much zero exposure to hockey. However, I have really enjoyed watching the Red Wings these last couple of weeks.

Here's a few questions form a hockey newbie

What is Icing ?

Who gets credit for scoring the Peng's goal in game 2 ?

If fighting is allowed, what are penalties given for ?

and, I've always wondered, why dont NHL Teams hire one of those sure super huge fat guys, and just plop them down in front of the goal ? There are peopl who are fat enough to easily block the entire net, so why not ?

Go Wings ! Beat the Philedelphia Penguins !
Wowie Groovie !
Look I know the NBC announcers are bad, but that was terrible. I just wanna know how the little fuck who stands between the benches could suck Cindy's dick without anyone noticing. How do they call Talbot's jab at Osgood "sending a message"? He's just sad his team can't get anything done!

EDIT: Titan, it's the Pittsburgh Penguins.
stopsign Wrote:Look I know the NBC announcers are bad, but that was terrible. I just wanna know how the little Eff who stands between the benches could suck Cindy's dick without anyone noticing. How do they call Talbot's jab at Osgood "sending a message"? He's just sad his team can't get anything done!

EDIT: Titan, it's the Pittsburgh Penguins.

I agree, rediculous...and about Malkin being fired up too after getting his ass kicked by Zetti...Not to mention that anyone else probably would get a suspension for the stick shots to the face Malkin threw at Zetti, but he won't cause Cindy couldn't possibly have any chance without him playing and the NHL would never allow that.

Oh and while I am on the subject. How about Kronwalls slight interference they talked about that "should have been called" and then they don't even mention the clear tripping of Franzen right in front of the Pittsburgh net less than 2 mins later...

Also the Philadelphia Penguins is a joke...you should take a look at the Lord Stanley's cup thread right below this one. Wink
Titan! Wrote:Okay, so we talked about this a little bit at dinner tonight. But I'll throw it out there for the rest of you.

Growing up in Northern Indiana I had pretty much zero exposure to hockey. However, I have really enjoyed watching the Red Wings these last couple of weeks.

What is Icing ?

and, I've always wondered, why dont NHL Teams hire one of those sure super huge fat guys, and just plop them down in front of the goal ? There are peopl who are fat enough to easily block the entire net, so why not ?

well lets see what I can answer for you here.
Icing happens when one team shoots the puck from inside their blue line all the way to the other end of the ice, and hits the wall,without someone on their team touching it. The opposing team has to touch it first for it to be icing. Then the faceoff will happen inside the team that committed the icing's zone. Also when there is a power play the team that is a man down can shoot the puck all the way down without fear of getting called for icing.
As for the goal, I didnt see it but Im gonna guess the last guy to touch it, or whoever was nearby.
Fighting happens to keep people in line so the stars are not always getting pounded. Yeah thats as much as I care to know about hockey I think
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Titan! Wrote:Okay, so we talked about this a little bit at dinner tonight. But I'll throw it out there for the rest of you.

What is Icing ? Icing is when the team on defense shoots the puck from behind the center line into the other team's zone and it goes past the goal line. However, if the team that shoots it in touches it first it is not icing. This rule basically keeps teams from just shooting the puck from one end of the rink to the other to get out of trouble. If a team ices the puck, the face off comes back to their zone and the guys who were on the ice have to stay on, while the other team is allowed to change if they want.
Who gets credit for scoring the Peng's goal in game 2 ? Malkin gets the credit for the goal because he was the last player to touch it from his team before the Red Wings player helped it along.

If fighting is allowed, what are penalties given for ? While fighting is allowed, it can not go unpunished. Both guys that drop the gloves get 5 minute majors, so neither team is on the powerplay afterward, unless one of them really instigated it and then the other team would get a 2 minute power play (I think).

and, I've always wondered, why dont NHL Teams hire one of those sure super huge fat guys, and just plop them down in front of the goal ? There are peopl who are fat enough to easily block the entire net, so why not ? I've thought about that myself, I would assume because the guy would need to know how to skate and if he was that fat to be able to fill the whole damn net, I doubt his skating would even be able to get him to the ne from the bench. I think the NHL also instituted some rules after the 1997 Stanley Cup (which the Red Wings won) to make sure that the goalie's equipment was not oversized, I think they call it the Garth Snow rule.

There you go Titan! F you Pitty! :thumbup:
plumpenut Wrote:

What is Icing ?

well lets see what I can answer for you here.
Icing happens when one team shoots the puck from inside their blue line all the way to the other end of the ice, and hits the wall,without someone on their team touching it. The opposing team has to touch it first for it to be icing. Then the faceoff will happen inside the team that committed the icing's zone. Also when there is a power play the team that is a man down can shoot the puck all the way down without fear of getting called for icing.
As for the goal, I didnt see it but Im gonna guess the last guy to touch it, or whoever was nearby.
Fighting happens to keep people in line so the stars are not always getting pounded. Yeah thats as much as I care to know about hockey I think

Well you almost had icing right, it is actually when the puck crosses two red lines (normally the center line and the goalline) without being touched by the team that did the passing and then it is touched by an opposing player. It doesn't actually have to hit the boards, just go across the goalline and be touched by the opposing team: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icing_(ice_hockey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icing_(ice_hockey</a><!-- m -->)

Fighting is somewhat allowed, it is a 5 minute major penalty . Also if it happens like it did tonight there is usually a game misconduct given out that puts you out for the rest of the game. This happend with Malkin because he continued to fight after the official tried to end the fight.

Here is a basic breakdown as to why Malkin should be suspened for the next game, but he won't be:
The rulebooks of the NHL and other professional leagues contain specific rules for fighting. These rules state that at the initiation of a fight, both players must drop their sticks so as not to use them as a weapon. Players must also "drop" or shake off their protective gloves in order to fight bare-knuckled (essentially, "throwing down the gauntlet"), as the hard leather and plastic of hockey gloves would increase the effect of landed blows. Players must also heed a referee warning to end a fight once the opponents have been separated. Failure to adhere to any of these rules results in an immediate game misconduct penalty and the possibility of fines and suspension from future games.[13]

In many leagues, linesmen will permit a fight between two players to run its course until one or both players end up on the ice. Linesmen will actively try to break up fights involving more than two participants or multiple fights.
Huh, gee what did I say? For Cindy and the Pens the rules don't matter :roll: :

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2009/05/nhl_rescinds_onegame_suspensio.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf ... ensio.html</a><!-- m -->

NHL vice president of operations Colin Campbell has rescinded the automatic one-game suspension Pittsburgh star Evgeni Malkin was facing for receiving an instigating penalty with 19 seconds to play in the third period, when he started a fight with Henrik Zetterberg.

The rules state a player who receives an instigating penalty in the final five minutes shall be suspended the following game.
I have just learned more about hockey than I care to know...also about icing....correct me if Im wrong......the goalie can not touch it otherwise icing is off
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
plumpenut Wrote:I have just learned more about hockey than I care to know...also about icing....correct me if Im wrong......the goalie can not touch it otherwise icing is off

You are correct, also off it the ref thinks the defensive player could have touched it before the line or if it was a recieveable pass (basically if someone is close to the second redline and could have got the pass).
Icing is only called if the goalie raises his hand.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:Icing is only called if the goalie raises his hand.

Not true in the NHL, maybe in lesser leagues, but icing is automatically called unless either the goalie or the team that iced the puck touches it first. The hand up is generally just a signal to the ref that the goalie has no intention of playing the puck, because if he moves in the direction of the puck at all the ref can decide to call off the icing.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule65.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule65.html</a><!-- m -->
zdunklee Wrote:
admin Wrote:Icing is only called if the goalie raises his hand.

Not true in the NHL, maybe in lesser leagues, but icing is automatically called unless either the goalie or the team that iced the puck touches it first. The hand up is generally just a signal to the ref that the goalie has no intention of playing the puck, because if he moves in the direction of the puck at all the ref can decide to call off the icing.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule65.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule65.html</a><!-- m -->
I assume Biff was only joking, but if he wasn't, he's dumber than Hot Wings when it comes to sports. SKYBALL!!!
did you say malkin got his ass kicked by zetterbitch??
alpacafarmer Wrote:did you say malkin got his ass kicked by zetterbitch??

Yes, did you not see the massive brusies on Malkins face last night? I don't know how you could miss them.
Go Wings! Cindy Crosby SUCKS!
After watching the 2 disappointing games for us Red Wings fans in Pittsburgh and the play in Game 4 of their 2 guys that are really good ( for some reason I can't remember their names), I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt should the Wings lose Game 5. Fuck that. Those 2 are the biggest douches the NHL has ever seen when it comes to losing. Grow the fuck up you little bitches. Take your lumps like a man and say see you in Pittsburgh. The Red Wings showed the maturity it takes to win. They probably could have scored another 5 on the backup if they wanted, but were smart enough to know that Crosbitch and company would have gotten even stupider and tried taking Franzen or Holmstrom's head off with their sticks. Great game Red Wings, go fuck yourselves penguins. :evil:
uhohspagettio Wrote:After watching the 2 disappointing games for us Red Wings fans in Pittsburgh and the play in Game 4 of their 2 guys that are really good ( for some reason I can't remember their names), I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt should the Wings lose Game 5. Eff that. Those 2 are the biggest douches the NHL has ever seen when it comes to losing. Grow the Eff up you little bitches. Take your lumps like a man and say see you in Pittsburgh. The Red Wings showed the maturity it takes to win. They probably could have scored another 5 on the backup if they wanted, but were smart enough to know that Crosbitch and company would have gotten even stupider and tried taking Franzen or Holmstrom's head off with their sticks. Great game Red Wings, go Eff yourselves penguins. :evil:

Agreed, they are even worse sports than Chicago was. For two "stars" they sure have a lot of maturing to do to learn how to lose with dignity. I hope Kronwall gets a good shot at one of them in game 6, that will shut those pussy bitches up.
Cindy has really "impressed" me this series. Love all the cheap crap I've seen him pull. Hey NHL, when you're going to appoint somebody as the 'future' of your league, next time find a guy with some class.
Gotta love the "Crosby Sucks" chant .
Wowie Groovie !
i agree that the pens lost their cool in the 2nd period of game five.. but to act like they are the only ones out there slashing and taunting and losing their cool just goes to show why i dont post on here very much anymore.. your all blind homers... i root for my team as much as the next guy.. difference is i admit my team blew it and lost their cool in game 5.. i dont cry and point out every little thing the other team does tho and act like my team is gods gift to everything and pretend they do no wrong!

still 2 games to go.
Titan! Wrote:Gotta love the "Crosby Sucks" chant .

thats noting... they are nothing but copycats.. look up on you tube philly fliers fans taunting crosby.. they have been chanting crosby sucks for 3 years now.
alpacafarmer Wrote:i agree that the pens lost their cool in the 2nd period of game five.. but to act like they are the only ones out there slashing and taunting and losing their cool just goes to show why i dont post on here very much anymore.. your all blind homers... i root for my team as much as the next guy.. difference is i admit my team blew it and lost their cool in game 5.. i dont cry and point out every little thing the other team does tho and act like my team is gods gift to everything and pretend they do no wrong!

still 2 games to go.

So you're telling me that if you saw the same player take two cheap shots at some of your favorite team's top guys, both within the span of just a couple of games, you wouldn't be the least bit upset?
alpacafarmer Wrote:i agree that the pens lost their cool in the 2nd period of game five.. but to act like they are the only ones out there slashing and taunting and losing their cool just goes to show why i dont post on here very much anymore.. your all blind homers... i root for my team as much as the next guy.. difference is i admit my team blew it and lost their cool in game 5.. i dont cry and point out every little thing the other team does tho and act like my team is gods gift to everything and pretend they do no wrong!

still 2 games to go.

Clearly we are the blind homers....name one Redwing that has taken an run at anybody on the Pens that didn't have the puck, better yet name a single Redwing that has started a fight in this series? Oh wait they haven't... (hell even Darren Helm didn't drop his gloves when the Pens player did and Helm is just as young a Crosby, so I don't accept age as a reason) Once the Wings start taking cheap shots like the Pens then you can talk, but that isn't going to happen because there is a reason the Wings are consistently one of the least penalized teams in the NHL, they are mature enough not to cheap shot and accept a loss.

Crosby and Malkin are as bad or worse than Pronger. Also if the Wings score first tonight then there is only one game to go cause the Pens will lose their cool yet again.
If I was the coach of the Penguins, I'd rip the "C" of Crosby's jersey and give it to Bill Guerin. Bill Guerin used to be the tough guy aggitator, but has matured and would do better job than Crosby at providing leadership to his team. And pull the "A" off Malkin's jersy while we're at it and give it to Eric Staal, he doesn't score as much as Malkin, but that's not what leadership is about.

The Pens need another lesson in losing before they'll be ready to win the Stanley Cup. The Wings had to lose to the Devils in 95 and Avalanche in 96 before they figured out what it took to go all the way. The Pens can't just expect other teams to roll over and give up. Sorry Pens fans, until they learn to lose without getting all pissy, it will be a long time before you see a Stanley Cup residing in the Burgh.
That first period was one of the most physical periods I can remember seeing in a long time. Hits galore.

Wings will get 'em on Friday.
potthole Wrote:That first period was one of the most physical periods I can remember seeing in a long time. Hits galore.

Wings will get 'em on Friday.

balls, i new i shoulda gone back and watched the first period (missed it) on the tivo...instead i deleted it.

kick me in the nuts!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Friday game 7,

Gonna be a blast.
Wowie Groovie !
That was a really good game all around, although Pitt tried to give it away several times in the third with the two penalties (one inadvertent one by Gurien(sp?) and one really dumb one by Malkin) and the missed shots by the wings really sucked...but I still feel good about the wings at home Friday. Ozzie was amazing yesterday and the rest of the team couldn't help him.

As a side note I would bench Hossa in favor of either Lieno or Abdelkader cause 3 goals in 22 games is not enough production to even justify him being in there...he didn't even look like he wanted the puck yesterday.
Kudos to the Pens ( minus douche 1 and 2) they were the better team this go round. Gary Bettman can sleep easy tonight knowing his Prince Charming hoisted the Cup. I can't wait til next season's marketing blitz of "All Crosby, All the Time" starts. I would insert a smily, but I can't find one that barfs. I guess this one will have to do. Sad
ouch, I wanted the wings to win because the pens took out the flyers, but .... ouch sorry detroit fans... but hey at least the cup is in PA
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]