Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum Questions, suggestions, etc
Opus Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:I know someone is currently in the process of playing with this, but i liked the old, more subtle, "online" banner for users that are online. If I want to know if someone is online, I can look over there. I don't need a flashing beacon telling me they are on. (constructive criticism)

I have changed the online notifier from an image to a piece of text.

More smilies woohoo (there is a 5 smlie per post limit really?)! :clap: Confusedhifty: :crazy: :wtf: :wave:
Opus is that a custom title I see under your name? Does this mean posting titles might be making a comeback?
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Its in a beta phase right now.. tested it with my account and Biff's account.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Sweetness x10!

(they might need to be a little larger tho so they stand out some)
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Opus Wrote:Its in a beta phase right now.. tested it with my account and Biff's account.

If we want to go the red title route my opinion is that is the perfect size and font...it's there but professional looking...
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
The titles can be modified with BBCode, so they can be any color, font, size, smilies, etc that you can use in the posts.

Since I still need to test this feature.. anybody have any requests for titles? Be creative. Tell me color, font, etc.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
I miss my pink color...so give me a custom title refering to pink...surprise me :thumbup:
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Hows that?
ha good!
Opus Wrote:The titles can be modified with BBCode, so they can be any color, font, size, smilies, etc that you can use in the posts.

Since I still need to test this feature.. anybody have any requests for titles? Be creative. Tell me color, font, etc.

My title should read... "The King of Awesome"
Wowie Groovie !
Great, thanks.
Wowie Groovie !
Philly Mike Wrote:are the sigs cut out on purpose?

Yes, they were very distracting. It was difficult to differentiate between the text of the post and the signature line. It threw off the flow of the conversation IMO.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Hey Opus.....if you're still looking for someone to experiment on, I'd love to have my name in green and maybe little lobsters or moose instead of hearts like Howies!!
mainerliser Wrote:Hey Opus.....if you're still looking for someone to experiment on, I'd love to have my name in green and maybe little lobsters or moose instead of hearts like Howies!!

I don't have time to figure out how to make your name green, but how about some lobsters? :clap:
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
When I hit the "search your posts" button it takes me to a list of threads my posts are in, but not my actual post, like the old board.

Also, since you have an arrow that takes you to the top of the thread, do you think you could add an arrow that takes you to the bottom as well?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:When I hit the "search your posts" button it takes me to a list of threads my posts are in, but not my actual post, like the old board.

Are you doing it from the person's profile? It just worked for me.

Mad Dog Wrote:Also, since you have an arrow that takes you to the top of the thread, do you think you could add an arrow that takes you to the bottom as well?

Out of curiosity, why?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
No when I hit search posts, it is the one at the top of the page. And as for the little up down arrow, never mind. I just discovered the veiw last post button so it would be redundent.

However I am getting frustrated with the spell checker. Because it will recognize a mis-spelled word, but wont give any suggestions as to what the right spelling should be. Should I buy a dictionary to help teach it new words?
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
admin Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:When I hit the "search your posts" button it takes me to a list of threads my posts are in, but not my actual post, like the old board.

Are you doing it from the person's profile? It just worked for me

I guess I don't understand what the trick is.
admin Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Also, since you have an arrow that takes you to the top of the thread, do you think you could add an arrow that takes you to the bottom as well?

Out of curiosity, why?

I think this is a good idea. have a button maybe not to the bottom of the page, but to go to the last post instead of scrolling down or hitting the end key that will lead to the very bottom and still need to be adjusted. yeah its lazy but just as lazy as clicking a button to get to the top instead of just hitting the home key.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
this is way too much like work. old dog hates new tricks
Philly Mike Wrote:
admin Wrote:

Out of curiosity, why?

I think this is a good idea. have a button maybe not to the bottom of the page, but to go to the last post instead of scrolling down or hitting the end key that will lead to the very bottom and still need to be adjusted. yeah its lazy but just as lazy as clicking a button to get to the top instead of just hitting the home key.

That's already there if you click the new posts link.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
i never even noticed that little box there till you just pointed it out
Anybody know how to make a bullet list work here? I've messed around with the tags a bit and can't seem to figure it out.
potthole Wrote:Anybody know how to make a bullet list work here? I've messed around with the tags a bit and can't seem to figure it out.

well you can do this
  • click the list or list= button
  • then after hitting enter click the * button or if you did list= to do an orderd list (1. 2. 3. or a. b. c.) put the starting number or letter after the =
  • make your list
  • and that's that
for more info check here
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.fbhwforum.com/faq.php?mode=bbcode#f3r0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">faq.php?mode=bbcode#f3r0</a><!-- l -->
admin Wrote:
mainerliser Wrote:Hey Opus.....if you're still looking for someone to experiment on, I'd love to have my name in green and maybe little lobsters or moose instead of hearts like Howies!!

I don't have time to figure out how to make your name green, but how about some lobsters? :clap:

They look GREAT!!! Thanks!! :thumbup:
Philly Mike Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Anybody know how to make a bullet list work here? I've messed around with the tags a bit and can't seem to figure it out.

well you can do this
  • click the list or list= button
  • then after hitting enter click the * button or if you did list= to do an orderd list (1. 2. 3. or a. b. c.) put the starting number or letter after the =
  • make your list
  • and that's that
for more info check here
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fbhwforum.com/faq.php?mode=bbcode#f3r0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fbhwforum.com/faq.php?mode=bbcode#f3r0</a><!-- m -->

Awesome, thanks!
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!
I just realized my original avatar is miraculously reappeared... As well as my special 'tounge' slogan....
It's an Easter Miracle...
I'm wondering if we could get a strikethrough tag. Thanks.
burnking Wrote:I'm wondering if we could get a strikethrough tag. Thanks.

Yes, usage is as follows:

Code:
[s]text here[/s]
Ya see how Liser's got lobsters ? Can I get cameras ?
Wowie Groovie !
Opus Wrote:
burnking Wrote:I'm wondering if we could get a strikethrough tag. Thanks.

Yes, usage is as follows:

Code:
[s]text here[/s]

Wonderful! Thanks :thumbup:
Is there any way to make the NSFW threads a different color to remind us? I know ultimately it is up to us to not get fired, but I would hate to hear of someone get into trouble because they didn't realize that a thread was in the NSFW area.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
If it's not too much to ask, may I have some flip-flops or something beachy under my name? I'd like that...I'm lovin' the lobsters!! Thank you!
Rock Monster Wrote:Is there any way to make the NSFW threads a different color to remind us? I know ultimately it is up to us to not get fired, but I would hate to hear of someone get into trouble because they didn't realize that a thread was in the NSFW area.

I would think that should be as easy as not going into the Just about anything goes forum.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Is there any way to make the NSFW threads a different color to remind us? I know ultimately it is up to us to not get fired, but I would hate to hear of someone get into trouble because they didn't realize that a thread was in the NSFW area.

I would think that should be as easy as not going into the Just about anything goes forum.

They are in the new posts link.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:

They are in the new posts link.

Understandable. I don't use that feature anymore. I like to the see the post(s) before the current post to grasp the entire context therein.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:Understandable. I don't use that feature anymore. I like to the see the post(s) before the current post to grasp the entire context therein.

It's just a whole lot quicker, for me, to go to the new posts, go to the last post, then scroll up 2 or 3 posts, if needed.

translation: I'm lazy.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Understandable. I don't use that feature anymore. I like to the see the post(s) before the current post to grasp the entire context therein.

It's just a whole lot quicker, for me, to go to the new posts, go to the last post, then scroll up 2 or 3 posts, if needed.

translation: I'm lazy.

Well, on this board, that is possible. I forget that improved feature. On the old board, it showed the newest posts as posts instead of threads. I still just go through the forum and check by time. Some days it's easier than others. When I'm busy at work (aka the OM is in her office ready to spy at anytime), it's harder to remember the last actual time I was able to check posts.
linzi Wrote:If it's not too much to ask, may I have some flip-flops or something beachy under my name? I'd like that...I'm lovin' the lobsters!! Thank you!

Everything I found wasn't clear enough. Sorry.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:
linzi Wrote:If it's not too much to ask, may I have some flip-flops or something beachy under my name? I'd like that...I'm lovin' the lobsters!! Thank you!

That's OK, thanks anyway!
linzi Wrote:
admin Wrote:

That's OK, thanks anyway!
If you do your own search for the picture you want that's about this [Image: lobster.gif] size, then ask Biff nicely, maybe he'll grant your wish.