Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your drink of choice ? ? ?
wow...nothing like a message board to bring neighbors closer....
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
Titan ! Wrote:Dude we're neighbors arent we ?

May as well be. I think your neighborhood is pretty close to mine. Probably within a few miles, at the most.
potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Dude we're neighbors arent we ?

May as well be. I think your neighborhood is pretty close to mine. Probably within a few miles, at the most.

54th and Kalamzoo ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
potthole Wrote:May as well be. I think your neighborhood is pretty close to mine. Probably within a few miles, at the most.

54th and Kalamzoo ?

That general vicinity. If you ever shop at Family Fare, you probably shop at the same one as me.
potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:54th and Kalamzoo ?

That general vicinity. If you ever shop at Family Fare, you probably shop at the same one as me.

Which one ? 54th and Eastern behind the KFC and Firestation or the one on Kalamazoo/60th ? near the steak and shake and McDonalds ?
Wowie Groovie !
vodka and koolaid
potthole Wrote:Picked up some Founders Dirty Bastard. I like what I taste thus far!

The wife is out having dinner with some college friends. That means I'll be drinking beer and grilling brats. Quite the enjoyable way to unwind after a busy ass day at work.
Founder's Breakfast Stout is the shit. It'll cost you around $10 for 4 bottles, but well worth it. They have another new one called Kentucky Breakfast aged in bourbon barrels. Haven't tried it yet, but it goes for $19 for four pack. Neither are at Family Fare unfortunately.
Also a big fan of Rum and Coke (not cola). Sailor Jerry 92 proof Navy Rum is a nice alternative to Captain Morgan.
Titan ! Wrote:
potthole Wrote:That general vicinity. If you ever shop at Family Fare, you probably shop at the same one as me.

Which one ? 54th and Eastern behind the KFC and Firestation or the one on Kalamazoo/60th ? near the steak and shake and McDonalds ?

Oh yeah, forgot about that one by Eastern/54th.

wingospagettio Wrote:Founder's Breakfast Stout is the shit. It'll cost you around $10 for 4 bottles, but well worth it. They have another new one called Kentucky Breakfast aged in bourbon barrels. Haven't tried it yet, but it goes for $19 for four pack. Neither are at Family Fare unfortunately.

One of my friends got some of the Breakfast Stout as a Christmas gift. Not sure if he's tried it yet, actually. I'll have to take a look for either of those the next time I'm at Russo's. They seem to have a bit more of an "exotic" beer selection.
Lindeman's Framboise is YUMMY... raspberry lambic beer Smile
Peachs Wrote:vodka and koolaid

Green/Lime Kool Aid, and vodka is the shizz !
Wowie Groovie !
Peachs Wrote:Lindeman's Framboise is YUMMY... raspberry lambic beer Smile

That's my wife's favorite beer of all time.
potthole Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:Lindeman's Framboise is YUMMY... raspberry lambic beer Smile

That's my wife's favorite beer of all time.

mine too.. I wish we had some... we might have to buy some the next time we go to get homebrew stuff
My wife's grandpa, back in the day (i never met him) the story goes he use to mix lime coolaid mix and gin....no water...just gin and powder

:o
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:My wife's grandpa, back in the day (i never met him) the story goes he use to mix lime coolaid mix and gin....no water...just gin and powder

mmmm lime coolaid powder and pine treeeeee
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:My wife's grandpa, back in the day (i never met him) the story goes he use to mix lime coolaid mix and gin....no water...just gin and powder

That sounds, so bad. I think I'll try it this weekend. Any idea what the ratio should be ? 1 pack of powder to 1 fifth of gin ?
Wowie Groovie !
Back around Christmas my wife and I discovered a giant one liter bottle of unopened Crown Royal in her grandparent's basement. Turns out the stuff's been sitting down there for close to 30 years. I think those years would help it age quite nicely. Now, I just need to get my hands on it..
potthole Wrote:Back around Christmas my wife and I discovered a giant one liter bottle of unopened Crown Royal in her grandparent's basement. Turns out the stuff's been sitting down there for close to 30 years. I think those years would help it age quite nicely. Now, I just need to get my hands on it..

I think you should get the bottle and let a professional handle it for you. I volunteer.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:

That sounds, so bad. I think I'll try it this weekend. Any idea what the ratio should be ? 1 pack of powder to 1 fifth of gin ?

sounds like he made it like you would kool-aid only with gin as opposed to water....

the deer camp drink of choice in our area...especially towards the end of the season is the "Artie Sodbuster"

you take the last beer, the last shot of whiskey, vodka, gin, rum, tequila, everything or whatever and mix it...drink it....

when you piss outside it breaks up the sod and kills the grass
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
potthole Wrote:Back around Christmas my wife and I discovered a giant one liter bottle of unopened Crown Royal in her grandparent's basement. Turns out the stuff's been sitting down there for close to 30 years. I think those years would help it age quite nicely. Now, I just need to get my hands on it..
I had something very similar. My parents were cleaning out a tool shed on their farm after they had just bought it and found an opened bottle of Crown with about 1 shot left inside. It had a tax stamp ( or something like that) and it had the year 1964 on it. I thought that was pretty cool so I kept the bottle and had it at my apartment. Went out of town for a week and when I returned there was nothing left in the bottle. come to find out, my roommate came home from work, wanted a drink and thought he would finish off the bottle apparently not knowing how old it was. Bastard said "well, it still tasted pretty smooth!"

Later that year I was working on a building demo near Detroit and the crew I was over seeing found a carton of Camel no filter cigarettes that was dated in the 40's. They used to hand them out to the soldiers during WWII. Brought an unopened pack back cause I thought they were pretty cool. Left for a week again and when I returned there were only a couple left. Apparently my roommate and one of our buddies got pretty drunk and needed some cigarettes and yep....they smoked them! Said they were a bit stale.....go figure jack ass!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
I had something very similar. My parents were cleaning out a tool shed on their farm after they had just bought it and found an opened bottle of Crown with about 1 shot left inside. It had a tax stamp ( or something like that) and it had the year 1964 on it. I thought that was pretty cool so I kept the bottle and had it at my apartment. Went out of town for a week and when I returned there was nothing left in the bottle. come to find out, my roommate came home from work, wanted a drink and thought he would finish off the bottle apparently not knowing how old it was. Bastard said "well, it still tasted pretty smooth!"

Later that year I was working on a building demo near Detroit and the crew I was over seeing found a carton of Camel no filter cigarettes that was dated in the 40's. They used to hand them out to the soldiers during WWII. Brought an unopened pack back cause I thought they were pretty cool. Left for a week again and when I returned there were only a couple left. Apparently my roommate and one of our buddies got pretty drunk and needed some cigarettes and yep....they smoked them! Said they were a bit stale.....go figure jack ass!

Definite violation of the roommate code. That's a double punch in the face infraction.
Wowie Groovie !
dino Wrote:

Sounds like you might want to lock up any more "antiques" you stumble across before your roommate decides that anything left out is community property. Wink
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
nurveen Wrote:Jack Daniels

With Coke?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:

With Coke?

Coke zero, and especially cherry coke zero is an awesome mixer, especially with gin .
Wowie Groovie !

Straight . . . that's how I drink it!!
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:

Straight . . . that's how I drink it!!

There's no other way thats even remotely acceptable
Either Jack and Coke, Miller Chill, or Red Bull and Vodka.
Jack and coke is way up on the list right now.. I want SOMETHING to help my jaw feel better.... Maybe I'll have a drink with dinner...
Joe's Schwantz Wrote:Either Jack and Coke, Miller Chill, or Red Bull and Vodka.

Jack and coke is ok, and so is red bull and vodka, but MILLER CHILL? Sorry man I know you're new, but you get a -1 for that one. That stuff is like, what if Kool Aid made a lime flavored beer mix. Bleh. On the plus side it's only a dollar a bottle at Margarita Grill on fridays.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Joe's Schwantz Wrote:Either Jack and Coke, Miller Chill, or Red Bull and Vodka.

Jack and coke is ok, and so is red bull and vodka, but MILLER CHILL? Sorry man I know you're new, but you get a -1 for that one. That stuff is like, what if Kool Aid made a lime flavored beer mix. Bleh. On the plus side it's only a dollar a bottle at Margarita Grill on fridays.

That is exactly why I drink it, when it's cheap.
Joe's Schwantz Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Jack and coke is ok, and so is red bull and vodka, but MILLER CHILL? Sorry man I know you're new, but you get a -1 for that one. That stuff is like, what if Kool Aid made a lime flavored beer mix. Bleh. On the plus side it's only a dollar a bottle at Margarita Grill on fridays.

That is exactly why I drink it, when it's cheap.
Driniking Miller Chill because it's cheap is ok, but please, for the love of god man, tell me you don't drink it because you like the taste.
Wowie Groovie !
Peachs Wrote:Jack and coke is way up on the list right now.. I want SOMETHING to help my jaw feel better.... Maybe I'll have a drink with dinner...

A drink or ten . . . that ought to cheer you right up!!
providencecrow Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Straight . . . that's how I drink it!!

There's no other way thats even remotely acceptable

It kills me to see people mix premium booze with anything!!
jus' P Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:There's no other way thats even remotely acceptable

It kills me to see people mix premium booze with anything!!

Amen brother. Top shelf whisky/bouron/scotch deserves to be appreciated by itself.

However I don't really think of Jack as a top shelf whisky. I can drink it neat or on the rocks because it is pretty smooth, but I'm okay with mixing it too
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:However I don't really think of Jack as a top shelf whisky. I can drink it neat or on the rocks because it is pretty smooth, but I'm okay with mixing it too

Well I like it because I can drink it and rarely ever get a hangover.
Queenie Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:However I don't really think of Jack as a top shelf whisky. I can drink it neat or on the rocks because it is pretty smooth, but I'm okay with mixing it too

Well I like it because I can drink it and rarely ever get a hangover.

Still got that bottle of Jack Single Barrel. Want me to send you a shot ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Well I like it because I can drink it and rarely ever get a hangover.

Still got that bottle of Jack Single Barrel. Want me to send you a shot ?

Don't tease her...She's serious about her Jack.

What? Me jealous??...ok just a little....
jus' P Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Still got that bottle of Jack Single Barrel. Want me to send you a shot ?

Don't tease her...She's serious about her Jack.

I'll send enough to share Plungee.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Don't tease her...She's serious about her Jack.

I'll send enough to share Plungee.

I meant her and Jack, not of your Jack....I like beer
Titan ! Wrote:
Joe's Schwantz Wrote:That is exactly why I drink it, when it's cheap.
Driniking Miller Chill because it's cheap is ok, but please, for the love of god man, tell me you don't drink it because you like the taste.

Hell no. It's like you said, it'd be like Kool Aid making a Lime Flavored beer mix. But if it contributes to me getting drunk, I'd buy that for a dollar.