Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New site up... and waayyyy broken
I'm not sure I'm okay with the site automatically renewing my podcast subscription after the year is up. Where's the opt-out? I mean, I probably would renew it, but I don't want the site deciding for me...
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Your sarcasm isn't wasted on me, Hurley!

On a more topical note, I don't see imbedding this forum into the new site as being the solution, unless the forum will be put on the free side. I podcast, but not all of you do. (And to be honest, if it requires getting a podcast to continue to post, I'll just let my subscription lapse, but that's another issue entirely.) Back on point, many of you don't podcast. You shouldn't HAVE to podcast to get to something you previously got for free. Second, I don't see the moderators here as under the thumb of the show. If this forum becomes the "official" forum, they're going to have to answer to the show, and the climate may change in the process.

Sadly, the only reasonable and fair solution is to leave things as they were. Otherwise, a lot of the people with whom the show can't do without, the listeners, might not be there anymore.
Went to the new forums. They blow. Good news for us! :thumbup:
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Hey 0rz, you need to make a post on the "VIP" board with the link to this one.
What? I didn't do it.
misstiger10 Wrote:Hey 0rz, you need to make a post on the "VIP" board with the link to this one.

I think you might be on to something there! :thumbup:
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
When I went to their new site I noticed a fair amount of advertising. Seeing as how the show does not receive any advertising revenue from this forum, could they possibly be using this new forum to rake in some extra dough?
uhohspagettio Wrote:When I went to their new site I noticed a fair amount of advertising. Seeing as how the show does not receive any advertising revenue from this forum, could they possibly be using this new forum to rake in some extra dough?

I don't see ads when I go to the site. Am I missing something?
What? I didn't do it.
0rz0ski Wrote:I'm not sure I'm okay with the site automatically renewing my podcast subscription after the year is up. Where's the opt-out? I mean, I probably would renew it, but I don't want the site deciding for me...

Did you just happen to sign up recently for your podcast? I ask because I've been doing mine on a month-by-month basis for awhile, and am curious to see if they're going to start automatically renew mine as well. Which I hope they don't. It cheeses me off when places pull that stunt.
I signed up for it last night. They keep your credit card info on file so they can auto-renew. There's no direct way to opt out, but you can change your credit card info so that they won't be able to.

Also, if you don't select the "Use this as primary card" option (you'll see it when you get to that part of the process), I don't think they can automatically renew the subscription.

In other news, having one massive 4 hour file for the podcast BLOWS. It's something like 80 megs, and it took a long time to download.

I don't podcast, but if I do, I would prefer to have one big file rather than a bunch of small ones
Wowie Groovie !
I can see the side of those who say they like the big files. It's much easier to download but there are segments that I will skip because I heard them live and it is harder to do that with the big files.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Titan! Wrote:I don't podcast, but if I do, I would prefer to have one big file rather than a bunch of small ones

It takes way longer to download that one big file than it does the 16 small ones us current podcasters recieve. Plus you have to wait a lot longer to be able to listen to the show because it all has to download first.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
I don't podcast but i would prefer smaller files (because of dialup (shoot me in the brain)) and like Biff i would prefer to skip to segments that i DO want to hear again. plus it'd be easier to stop in the middle of the show and restart where you left off.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Smaller files is my preferred method, as well. Can easily skip past the segments I don't want to hear (usually replays of stuff I already heard), and I've been able to save segments I like, allowing me to create my own "best of."

Having one giant file would be a pain to try to fast forward through stuff I don't want to hear, and will make it impossible for me to save segments unless I happen to throw the file into Audacity and cut it out.

In other words, one big podcast file = :thumbdown:
Well then let me boil it down like this...

Small files = whiny bitchy know nothing losers who prefer either Mancow, Bob and Tom. or Opie and Anthony

Large Files= True American Patriots who love Freedom, Liberty, and the Free Beer and Hot Wings morning show.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:Well then let me boil it down like this...

Small files = whiny bitchy know nothing losers who prefer either Mancow, Bob and Tom. or Opie and Anthony

Large Files= True American Patriots who love Freedom, Liberty, and the Free Beer and Hot Wings morning show.

how George W. Bush of you.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Sorry, I forgot to add a few :mrgreen: to the end of my post. Re-reading that it comes out a bit harsher than I intended
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:Sorry, I forgot to add a few :mrgreen: to the end of my post. Re-reading that it comes out a bit harsher than I intended

wait a minute..titan apologizing for something? the end is near for us all!
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Titan! Wrote:Sorry, I forgot to add a few :mrgreen: to the end of my post. Re-reading that it comes out a bit harsher than I intended

lol dont worry, i knew you were joking, i forgot my Smile in there too
Titan! Wrote:Well then let me boil it down like this...

What! Us who prefer the the small files are whiny bitches!!!

Listen here Titan... oh wait that was sarcasm... sorry didnt catch that at first, I was going a little Philly Mike on you.
for the record, you can't even post on their 'walls' (at the bottom of the main page) without being a VIP Member

:roll:
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Hopefully they'll take some feedback on the new site and make a couple of tweaks to it as time goes by.

One feature that i think would be cool, maybe its a VIP thing, would be to see a recap of the show archive. I know on the main page "today" will be up there, but it'd be nice to have access to days past, to read a quick recap.
houseboat Wrote:Hopefully they'll take some feedback on the new site and make a couple of tweaks to it as time goes by.

One feature that i think would be cool, maybe its a VIP thing, would be to see a recap of the show archive. I know on the main page "today" will be up there, but it'd be nice to have access to days past, to read a quick recap.
Out of what I have seen of these guys they really aren't sell outs. They may make a lot of changes and even with these changes (now that everything is fixed and all) they show the same way they used to, but now with a nicer site(even though it is a modified clone of the dennismiller, but no hard feelings on that one Tongue).

All in all I can't see these guys really alienating their listeners in that way, even though for a while there I was kind of teetering until everything was explained and now fixed. But if you look at their profiles here you will see they have been here recently.

and as far as their new email goes, the only problem i have is when i write <!-- e --><a href="mailto:idiots@freebeerandhotwings.com">idiots@freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- e --> i sometimes write idiots@freebeerandhotwings@hotmail.com, but that is just from habbit
I'm just sad that we aren't on their new site. IMO we have been a true asset to their show. Continue to grow and have all your bells and whistles on your new board, but don't forget your first loyal supporters who took it upon themselves (Biff and all the other mods) to create this fabulous board that has been included in the show since it was created. I do feel slighted by the show, and have no doubt that is how the rest of you feel. Sorry you guys feel it's "whiney" of me. So just answer this....Why didn't you make this message board a part of your new site as it was a part of your old site, and do you plan to make a link to it (as you used to), if not, why? Hope to hear some answers! Thanks!
mainerliser Wrote:I'm just sad that we aren't on their new site. IMO we have been a true asset to their show. Continue to grow and have all your bells and whistles on your new board, but don't forget your first loyal supporters who took it upon themselves (Biff and all the other mods) to create this fabulous board that has been included in the show since it was created. I do feel slighted by the show, and have no doubt that is how the rest of you feel. Sorry you guys feel it's "whiney" of me. So just answer this....Why didn't you make this message board a part of your new site as it was a part of your old site, and do you plan to make a link to it (as you used to), if not, why? Hope to hear some answers! Thanks!

It's not whiney, it would be good for them to put a link up. They know people aren't going to join VIP to go into the forum, and anyone who is VIP will end up going to their forum anyway, it is a completely different feel of a forum anyway. They should egg people who aren't VIPs here as an alternative. If anyone joins VIP they will join for the podcast and go to their forum just as much as they would if they don't know about this board.
Philly Mike Wrote:and as far as their new email goes, the only problem i have is when i write <!-- e --><a href="mailto:idiots@freebeerandhotwings.com">idiots@freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- e --> i sometimes write idiots@freebeerandhotwings@hotmail.com, but that is just from habbit
you and freebeer, both.

i'm not sure whether I should be ticked off or thankful that my podcast subscription hasn't been updated to VIP status yet. i can't access vip stuff online, but thankfully, i still receive my podcasts in small files. I will get very frustrated if it ever does switch to 16-segments-all-in-one... a lot of the time, I listen to the podcast in the morning about an hour behind the live show. (makes sense for those of us living in the central time zone.) Having to listen to yesterday's show each morning because they do the upload at the end of the day will be a real drag.
It's also harder to re-play a bit for someone if you have to find it in an hour long segment. In the words of Free Beer, "No I won't, thank you."
site broken,

error: stack overflow at line 33
Howie, seriously, the internet hates you. It's fine.

It's still not working for me. Zane locked onto my IP and has blocked me :lol: