Poll: Which Submission do you feel has the best photos overall?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Submission One
26.32%
5 26.32%
Submission Two
73.68%
14 73.68%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Baseball Throwdown
I think it would be challenging to gather photos of intreguing, tastefull poses that both encourage the girls natural beauty and the clam

(jokes btw)
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
boizalynne Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Proposal for the next 'throwdown':

Naked girl Throwdown
You would!!!

... whore

It could be worse, Howie could have suggested a "Naked Man" Throwdown.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
With a final score of 14-5, Submission Two wins. Submission Two was by me, Submission One was by Titan.

For this being the first time Titan did a Whitecaps game, I was quite impressed with his photos. His infield action shot is great, the way he caught the first baseman up in the air is what takes it from a good photo to an awesome one. I really like his mascot photo, as well. As was pointed out in an earlier post in this thread, mine wound up being too similar to another photo, as where his captured a completely different part of the action that goes on at the park.
Annnnnnd the winner by a solid margin...

[Image: 3577977289_b5c9a1e7f0_o.jpg]

For the record I voted for Potthole, I think he did a better job overall.

For me the biggest challenge was going to be overcoming Pottholes experience with baseball. He played the game through high school and has been a lifelong fan and photographer. He just has a feel for the game that I don't.

Here's how I scored it

Batting:

Mine is good, but Potty definetly wins this one hands down. Broken bat M'er F'er.

Pitching:

Both shots are very good. However for me my vote on this one came down to perspective, and I think Potty wins this one, but only by a little.

Infield. This is the one that surprised me the most. Potthole's isn't bad, it's pretty good in fact, but I think mine is better.

Outfield. Potthole's isn't bad, but it's not great. Mine however sucks monkey nuts. I got 3 shots of the outfield that night and sadly this was the best of them. I debated about not even turning in an outfield shot.

Mascot. I think I win this one. But it's easy to see how you could like either one better or equal.

Feel of the game: I call this one a tie. We both had essentially the same idea, just slightly different ways of capturing it.

Well done Potthole. I hope we can do it again soon.
Wowie Groovie !
I gave the individual photo breakdown the exact same "ratings", Titan.
Here's a couple more of mine from that day.

[Image: 3579425125_996ff33a2d_o.jpg]

And this is one that I thought about using as my "feel" photo but I think that it's a little too close to my pitching photo, so I didn't use it. I do wish I knew who this kid is, I think his mom would love to have a copy of this...

[Image: 3579425099_bd04ff5bdd_o.jpg]
Wowie Groovie !
Someone get that kid a pitching coach, holy shit.
I think he would fit in well in the tigers bullpen
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
What's up with that girl chomping her glove in the background?
Nope, not gonna comment on that. Wink
Wowie Groovie !
potthole Wrote:What's up with that girl chomping her glove in the background?
HA
Titan! Wrote:Nope, not gonna comment on that. Wink

Glad to see somebody else picked up on the baseball mitt line of thought I had. Big Grin