Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spite Board
LimpBagel Wrote:When forums have too small of an active posting group and they become close, they start to make inside jokes and other references that let new people know that they don't fit in. It also takes away from the topic of the board and becomes more about the posters themselves.

For everyone that wants their 30 seconds back: 1) learn to read faster 2) don't make 2 posts in the idiotic Wheel of Bad Games forum.
umm... that would explain why there are actually new posters in here and some are actually good contributing members here. and even some that are fairly new posting and in the chatting and all of that. There have been a lot of members on this board almost since the beginning and a lot of them have been lurkers from the start. some are new some just like to watch the conversations. Shit burnking is basically a lurker, he rarely participates in any other thread than the create a caption.
As far as inside jokes go, there really aren't many of those here, and the ones that are used are mostly ones from the show that anyone who listens would get. even if there were no one should feel unwelcome because there are people that joke, I mean this is a MESSAGE BOARD therefore if there is some sort of inside joke any average person can always just ask and get a reference to the thread that the joke started in. If you want to look at it like that you are guilty of an "inside joke" yourself with that avatar.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
speaking of inside jokes...Hey titan remember the text I sent you the other day with the 5 pictures of boobs...LimpBagel is the reciever in the very last one....
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Philly Mike Wrote:
LimpBagel Wrote:When forums have too small of an active posting group and they become close, they start to make inside jokes and other references that let new people know that they don't fit in. It also takes away from the topic of the board and becomes more about the posters themselves.

For everyone that wants their 30 seconds back: 1) learn to read faster 2) don't make 2 posts in the idiotic Wheel of Bad Games forum.
umm... that would explain why there are actually new posters in here and some are actually good contributing members here. and even some that are fairly new posting and in the chatting and all of that. There have been a lot of members on this board almost since the beginning and a lot of them have been lurkers from the start. some are new some just like to watch the conversations. Shit burnking is basically a lurker, he rarely participates in any other thread than the create a caption.
As far as inside jokes go, there really aren't many of those here, and the ones that are used are mostly ones from the show that anyone who listens would get. even if there were no one should feel unwelcome because there are people that joke, I mean this is a MESSAGE BOARD therefore if there is some sort of inside joke any average person can always just ask and get a reference to the thread that the joke started in. If you want to look at it like that you are guilty of an "inside joke" yourself with that avatar.

Yeah, it's not as black and white as I made it but still the board exists because of the show, not the other way around. I just wanted to temper the sense of entitlement that was running rampant amongst the regulars.

Quote:speaking of inside jokes...Hey titan remember the text I sent you the other day with the 5 pictures of boobs...LimpBagel is the reciever in the very last one....

Take some time and think of something funny next time :roll:
LimpBagel Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:

Yeah, it's not as black and white as I made it but still the board exists because of the show, not the other way around. I just wanted to temper the sense of entitlement that was running rampant amongst the regulars.

:roll:

Entitlement for wanting an answer as to why all Biff and the gang's hard work and many hours put into this forum was all of the sudden being ignored by the show, yea that is what it was.... Let me just say that anger and bewilderment are not equal to entitlement... you sir, are an idiot.

[Image: stupidsiren.gif]

[Image: idiots.jpg]
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
First of all, I just want to say bravo to Queenie. I was listening to Thursday's podcast today and instantly pepped up when I heard a messageboarder calling in. I think the guys handled the situation very well. Just remember, if they really wanted to completely sweep us under the rug then they wouldn't have taken Queenie's call. Putting her on the air automatically suggests that they don't want to ignore us totally.

Now yes, I have been vocal in the recent past about the guys ignoring us. I haven't been one of the people to e-mail them or TEXT THEM (damn you for your stupidity, Titan.) I figure the messageboard is enough. If they don't want to see my complaining then they just don't have to read my posts. I still agree that they didn't handle this situation in the best way possible. I also agree that we didn't handle it well either. The guys should have thicker skin than they demonstrated in their reaction to this situation but if they really are getting tons of e-mails then I can at least somewhat understand where they're coming from.

Hopefully, everything is cool now. Do we have a sense of entitlement? Eh, maybe. I like to call it passion though. The guys should feel good that they have a group of fans passionate enough to care this much. A worse alternative would be having a completely dead board as opposed to "Spite board." I hope we can all chalk this one up to growing pains of the show as a whole. The link is on the new site now which is great.

Anyway, sorry for the mini-rant. Please go back to owning this sanctimonious LimpBagel guy.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Not to get in the way of your owning Limpbagel but I think that we should give the guys some props for posting a link on the site finally
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
schuyler16 Wrote:Not to get in the way of your owning Limpbagel but I think that we should give the guys some props for posting a link on the site finally
I think everyone here agrees on that anyway. As I said the whole thing was a big mess, and as the mayor stated they may have not handled it very well but some people here and through email didn't handle the confusion well either. It was a mess on both parts but it's all in the past.
As far as a sense of entitlement goes, shit if you are going to try to come out and insult everyone here and say we had a sense of entitlement go suck a bag of dicks. If you have such a problem with the people on this board just go away, no one is making you post here and frankly I don't think anyone wants you to stay here.

And lee. I would have to say thats a good job on the use of the drops, very well put ...
Quote:If you have such a problem with the people on this board just go away, no one is making you post here and frankly I don't think anyone wants you to stay here.

I enjoy talking about things that happen on the show so I think I will stay.
Philly Mike Wrote:It was a mess on both parts but it's all in the past.

Does that mean you will "un"-foe me?
(Sorry Limp Boy that was an inside joke)
Hurley Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:It was a mess on both parts but it's all in the past.

Does that mean you will "un"-foe me?
(Sorry Limp Boy that was an inside joke)
I am not past giving people a second chance. I've done it before there is no reason everyone can't get along, just as long as people can act civil sometimes...
LimpBagel Wrote:This whole clique needs to STFU. No one cares if there are 5,100 registered users. Only 40 of you post!

The show owes you nothing! I'm so amazed that you've gotten together to LARP because of this board. :crazy:

I hope they take the link back down.

So, might I assume you're the #1 poster over at the VIP forums?
potthole Wrote:
LimpBagel Wrote:This whole clique needs to STFU. No one cares if there are 5,100 registered users. Only 40 of you post!

The show owes you nothing! I'm so amazed that you've gotten together to LARP because of this board. :crazy:

Him and three others.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
potthole Wrote:

No, I've been a podcaster for almost 4 years so I haven't gotten my VIP info yet.
I'm so over this shit.
Wowie Groovie !
Mad Dog Wrote:
potthole Wrote:

Him and three others.
actually a lot of it is queenie and i... the other people i have no clue who they are...
MissyT Wrote:Is there any word about old podcasters and a VIP login info Steev?

The transition of VIP info from the mytown server to the nox server is underway. Rest assured, it's being worked on. I'll give you guys more info as I get it. Thanks for being patient!
steev Wrote:

The transition of VIP info from the mytown server to the nox server is underway. Rest assured, it's being worked on. I'll give you guys more info as I get it. Thanks for being patient!

Thank you for that! We finally have an answer on a question that has been asked since day one of the new site.
So Thank you Thank you!!
What? I didn't do it.
Hurley Wrote:Why I appreciate the mention on the show, why the Hell was I thrown under the bus?
I was the only one complaining about the new board??? I wasnt even complaining,
just offering a sarcastic reference(in on thread), sure I got into it with my foe Philly Mike, but
that had nothing to do with the new site.

Anyways thanks for the mentionWink

This was recently brought to my attention. While on the show, I was a bit nervous and your post came to mind for some reason. I didn't mean to throw you under the bus, Hurley, but in the back of my mind, I had something of your initial posts stuck there, where there were a few disagreements, which probably made me not see the sarcasm in your post in the thread. In any event, a little late, but i'm sorry for doing so.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
How is this for positivity.....I think the show has been great lately...I have certainly been laughing on the way and while I am at work.
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
steev Wrote:The transition of VIP info from the mytown server to the nox server is underway. Rest assured, it's being worked on. I'll give you guys more info as I get it. Thanks for being patient!

Oh Steve, don't lie, only 2% of the population is being patient Wink

I wasn't going to comment on this whole fbhw forum revolution that I missed but after finally catching up on the past 2 weeks of podcasts my silent rage has dissolved into dopey confusion. I received warnings that everyone was going nuts because of the whole VIP thing and paying to see things on the new site but it all seems kind of rediculous. The guys mentioned ~10x a day right from the get-go that VIP=podcasting plus extra benefits, that there was no conspiracy with the new board against this one, that current podcasters would eventually be transitioned, and that the site was being fixed to allow everything previously free to remain free.

I understand a lot of people only listen to part or bits of the show, but personally that would only justify sending an email in the form of a question and not an accusation (unless we're talking about NTT, in which case, some anger is understandable/encouraged). I'm definitely not saying everyone here or even a sizable portion of the board took the whacko approach, but listening to this mess erupt in the past week made ME feel GUILTY by association just for being a board member.

Don't get me wrong, there is such a thing as a healthly level of spite. I save mine mostly for people that walk slow or drivers that stop on an on ramp.

Lastly, thank you Queenie for getting our link up on the new site
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Torque Wrote:
steev Wrote:The transition of VIP info from the mytown server to the nox server is underway. Rest assured, it's being worked on. I'll give you guys more info as I get it. Thanks for being patient!

Oh Steve, don't lie, only 2% of the population is being patient Wink

I wasn't going to comment on this whole fbhw forum revolution that I missed but after finally catching up on the past 2 weeks of podcasts my silent rage has dissolved into dopey confusion. I received warnings that everyone was going nuts because of the whole VIP thing and paying to see things on the new site but it all seems kind of rediculous. The guys mentioned ~10x a day right from the get-go that VIP=podcasting plus extra benefits, that there was no conspiracy with the new board against this one, that current podcasters would eventually be transitioned, and that the site was being fixed to allow everything previously free to remain free.

I understand a lot of people only listen to part or bits of the show, but personally that would only justify sending an email in the form of a question and not an accusation (unless we're talking about NTT, in which case, some anger is understandable/encouraged). I'm definitely not saying everyone here or even a sizable portion of the board took the whacko approach, but listening to this mess erupt in the past week made ME feel GUILTY by association just for being a board member.

Don't get me wrong, there is such a thing as a healthly level of spite. I save mine mostly for people that walk slow or drivers that stop on an on ramp.

Lastly, thank you Queenie for getting our link up on the new site

I believe that after the initial first day and clarification of everything being the same and podcasting none of those issues ever came up. But they never really said anything but listener run message board, no web address anymore etc, once the new site launched. Then the proceeded to ignore all of us wondering why we were not being linked anymore which managed to piss a bunch of us off (including several mods) because it felt like we were being swept under the rug by the guys.
Thank you Z, I didn't know the forum link issue had been raised with no response from them.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Not us right guys! we're not bitching anymore!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
nevermind, eff you guys
hahahaha! I would be amused, except for the loud a-holes that make the rest of us look bad.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cid-3aab9906c0f5c8ca.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/FBHW/Wed%2006%2010%2015%20spite%20board%20again.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cid-3aab9906c0f5c8ca.skydrive.li ... 0again.mp3</a><!-- m -->

Contributed to me anonomously, of the boys hating on us. Or, rather, some of us.

Ahem, Howie.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Okay, this is getting a little old. The site has a link, the guys said it wasn't on purpose, all that is now being accomplished by this on going posting is the beating of a dead horse, newbies getting feelings hurt and the whinny people looking like asses on air and to some of the other posters.
Can we just lock this subject and move on. Please. I almost want to sign up for a VIP status on the new site so I can maybe read about something not so douchy. I don't often get upset about stuff, and I really enjoy posting on this board, but this subject is getting overdone in a bad way.
sigh,

The aforementioned post, by me, was a joke in the "I love you like a son" thread. It was intended as a small playful jab, the same way the show works, but apparently it wasn't accepted well. I knew they (FBHW) weren't going to stop talking about Zane's family simply because we all enjoyed it. And I know they didn't take NTT off the air simply because we enjoyed it.

I agree that the bickering back and forth between us,the biggest fan group for FBHW, and the show isn't fun. I for one am enjoying most of the changes made on the show. Steve is great, the new way the Joe stunts work is great, some of the new games are fun, while i do miss the old ones, they were 'new games' at one point and i'm sure i was hesitant to like them then.

I guess everyone can take this as an apology for un-intentionally stirring more shit between the show and the community.
sunshyne Wrote:Okay, this is getting a little old. The site has a link, the guys said it wasn't on purpose, all that is now being accomplished by this on going posting is the beating of a dead horse, newbies getting feelings hurt and the whinny people looking like asses on air and to some of the other posters.
Can we just lock this subject and move on. Please. I almost want to sign up for a VIP status on the new site so I can maybe read about something not so douchy. I don't often get upset about stuff, and I really enjoy posting on this board, but this subject is getting overdone in a bad way.

Seriously you posted this after almost a week of no one caring anymore? :roll:

I don't know who's post you saw as beating a dead horse, but there has been nothing bad said in this thread since they added the link to our forums to their site. Did you actually read all the posts and the dates they were posted, cause anything after they added the link has clearly been joking around (minus me explaining everything to Torque cause she missed out on all the action while she was gone).
steev Wrote:

Existing podcasters should have an email on Friday with instructions on setting up the podcast through the new site. Everybody happy now??? Big Grin

-steev
WooHoo, steev = Best. Show. Addition. Ever.
Hey Biff, can we get karma back so we can give Steev a karma boost? Big Grin
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:Hey Biff, can we get karma back so we can give Steev a karma boost? Big Grin
we can all send him e cards...