Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The official podcast news/notes thread.
I'm not seeing any podcast. Hopefully it's just a forgetful person and not something broken.

Edit: I don't think Google Reader is grabbing it. If you straight open the link in IE, their built in RSS reader sees it, but Google Reader isn't seeing it.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I'm not using any applications, but I got the podcast just fine via <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freebeerandhotwings.com/podcasthelp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.freebeerandhotwings.com/podcasthelp</a><!-- m -->
That's what she said.
I got today's fine through itunes, segment 16 didn't come till later but everything was there.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
A note from Steve to those who may be having trouble with downloading the podcast -

From time to time people lose their 'cookie' with the site, Itunes can not recognize the podcast URL without being signed into the website, this is usually stored in your 'cookies' in your browser. If you delete the cookie, or you haven't been on the site in awhile, this could stop podcasting. They also expire after a certain amount of time.

To correct this problem,

Go to our website, sign out if you are already signed in, clear your browser's cache AND cookies, then sign in again.

Wait about 10-15 minutes, open ITUNES, and right-click on the podcast and select update, this should solve your problem.

In the future if you notice you are not getting podcasts please refer to this method and it should correct it.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedteve@freebeerandhotwings.com">steve@freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- e -->.

-steve
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:A note from Steve to those who may be having trouble with downloading the podcast -

From time to time people lose their 'cookie' with the site, Itunes can not recognize the podcast URL without being signed into the website, this is usually stored in your 'cookies' in your browser. If you delete the cookie, or you haven't been on the site in awhile, this could stop podcasting. They also expire after a certain amount of time.

To correct this problem,

Go to our website, sign out if you are already signed in, clear your browser's cache AND cookies, then sign in again.

Wait about 10-15 minutes, open ITUNES, and right-click on the podcast and select update, this should solve your problem.

In the future if you notice you are not getting podcasts please refer to this method and it should correct it.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedteve@freebeerandhotwings.com">steve@freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- e -->.

-steve

You should put this in the podcast help thread in my first post as well Queenie, I could add it to the bottom, but it would be better added to the first post.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Is anyone else having a problem with October 12's podcast, or just me? I've tried the things listed here and it's not working.
upperdeckercourt Wrote:Is anyone else having a problem with October 12's podcast, or just me? I've tried the things listed here and it's not working.

I haven't downloaded yesterday's podcast yet, but I can check for you when I get home.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I didn't have any problem downloading all 16 segments.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Yeah I can't get todays segmented podcast to download...anyone else having any issues?
I still can't get it today. I emailed Steve but no response yet.
Mine gives me this error message:

Quote:There was a problem downloading "FreeBeerAndHotWings.com Show Segments Complete Show". An unknown error occured(8104). Please Check that the URL is correct and the connection to the network is active and try again.
Yup, that's what I get too. I can't seem to find anything on the Apple support site to help.
Mine started working again tonight, not sure what changed....all I did was manually try to check for new podcasts again and it worked randomly.
Yeah, same here. I checked this morning on a whim, and it worked. AFTER I bought the $1 iPhone app that lets me download podcasts right to my phone. Balls. Oh well, I'm just glad it's working again.