Poll: Would you want to live forever?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
28.57%
4 28.57%
No
71.43%
10 71.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you want to live forever?
Regarding the discussion that Nano Technology may allow reverse aging.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I would not want to live forever. I have a theory that the reason Alzheimer's is so prevalent now is because people are living longer than they were (designed for/evolved to) because of popular medicines.

Our bodies are out living our brains...and I don't see a brain transplant or nano technology for that anytime soon.

The science will never be perfect.

I'd much rather a car that doesn't require oil changes, or alternative fuels.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
no
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
i would if there was a way to preserve my mind, i don't want to be a 5,000 year old vegetable but yeah I could go for some immortality.
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
I choose option C: Pecans. Because they are delicious.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Sure, 'cuz then I could use that Queen song as my personal theme music. Big Grin
definitely. I mean if they can make your body reverse age, they can keep your brain healthy too. I would love to live as long as i see fit. then if i want to end it i can do so myself.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Absolutely not.

Living a middle class life, having to work day in, day out, for eternity with no hope for retirement? Sounds like Hell to me.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
^ you mean if you had all that time you couldn't think of a way to make more money? hell, it might not even have money in the way distant future.
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
Im gonna say yes. But only because I dont wanna die
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I used to joke that I was going to take up smoking again when I was Eighty. Maybe I better re-think this.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
imatoolhed Wrote:^ you mean if you had all that time you couldn't think of a way to make more money? hell, it might not even have money in the way distant future.

but it's very unlikely that they find a way for folks to live forever, and just Opus will be doing so, which means he'll not be the only one looking to find a way to find eternal money to go with his eternal life. And no offense to Opus, but it's very likely someone else will find all the good means of eternal money before him.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Sit around and watch all my friends and family die? No thanks.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:Sit around and watch all my friends and family die? No thanks.

I think it would apply to everyone so conceivably you wouldn't see this but.....if it only worked for certain people then that certainly would be a HUGE detriment.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.