Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name your three favorite bands!
How did you know about the meds? And called dibs on the naming by naming the bunny. There is the international DIBS law you know, and I call dibs on the panscake too. It is now call Morphumax, he is also a power! ... and intelligant.. Wizard!
Old Metallica
White Stripes
Tool
Just by saying "Old Metallica" makes me think of them as a bunch of wannabe Metal players that look like the Rolling Stones
Fistor Wrote:Old Metallica
White Stripes
Tool

Thats a nice group, not a huge fan of Matallica though
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
I kinda thought majorcinnimon's avatar was some sort of weird pink chicken, but on closer examination I see that it is a Halo character. Am I correct?
ratrad Wrote:I kinda thought majorcinnimon's avatar was some sort of weird pink chicken, but on closer examination I see that it is a Halo character. Am I correct?

Yes it is....Scawy.....
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Old Metallica
White Stripes
Tool

Thats a nice group, not a Huge fan of Matallica though

I'm not either, anymore. But their influence upon me in the late 80's/early 90's was so great that they'll always be at the top of my list of favorite bands of all time.
Tool, now that
[quote="wienerpoopie"]Tool, now that
[quote="ratrad"]
Opeth
Enslaved
Agalloch

very honorable mention to The Minibosses
[quote="ratrad"]
No, most people worship tool because they are dumb. They should be bowing down to danny carey's amazingness, not the fact that maynard likes to wear bras on stage.
ratrad Wrote:I kinda thought majorcinnimon's avatar was some sort of weird pink chicken, but on closer examination I see that it is a Halo character. Am I correct?

Technicaly the avatar is Donut from Red vs Blue... I detatch what is considered to be my personal life from a forum as much as I can while still being what I am. So I chose something I like... which might change in a while.
To comment on the bowing down to the whole people who are musicians. Don't bow to one that can put out the same sounding, same meaning, and over used directing on stage. In other words leave the 60's,70's, and 80's past theatricts to whom they belong to such as David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Eno, and the like. One who uses music as an art and can change constantly like a chameleon and influences other's greatly deserves to be given a bow. This is an opinion, which is personal. For that being alone it is not fact, which means nothing to you or anyone else but me. Take it as you wish, and as you see fit.

Stop spitting out arguements that have no end.
I'm going to cheat and list 4 because whenever I list my fav bands, I have it narrowed now to 4

silverchair
Dresden Dolls
Lennon
Smashing Pumpkins
Oh...
Mine are
1)Tool
2)Sublime
3)Pink Floyd

(The Beatles too!!!)
Admin Wrote:Old Aerosmith
Metallica
King's X

Bout time someone named Metallica !
Wowie Groovie !
1. Metallica
2. Evanescence
3. Disturbed.

Prove me wrong bitches !
Wowie Groovie !
I don't get whats the big deal with Metalica, I really don't want to think about all the people who get a boner just hearing them on the radio. But music is music ^^ at least I haven't seen Green Day on here yet, then i will be even more confused. So I'm gonna go listen to my smooth jazz complimation CD in the puma....
Titan ! Wrote:2. Evanescence

She never met a note she wouldn't over sing.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Titan ! Wrote:1. Metallica
2. Evanescence
3. Disturbed.

Prove me wrong bitches !

Are you for real? Wow, I might actually have to smite you for once! Only reason why I'm not is because of the other two bands listed.
But the chicky chick can sing, there is no defiance to that, and it is music. Kinda like how I like Johnny Cash... but the guy couldn't sing, and hey barely could play the guitar. He only became famous due to an early group that he was in. People are brainwashed by music. Go brainwashing.
1. Radiohead
2. Blur/Gorrilaz (same main dude, so I'm counting them as one)
3. Stereolab
Nine Inch Nails
Blue October
Radiohead
Admin Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:2. Evanescence

She never met a note she wouldn't over sing.

Amy Lee F'ing rules, and if you disagree you deserve to be kicked in the jimmies with a steel toed boot
Wowie Groovie !
potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:1. Metallica
2. Evanescence
3. Disturbed.

Prove me wrong bitches !

Are you for real? Wow, I might actually have to smite you for once! Only reason why I'm not is because of the other two bands listed.

What can I say ? I likes what I likes, and wow, Fallen and The Black Album make a great mix for a mix CD
Wowie Groovie !
Amy Lee can sing.. can write.. can perform... But I have to say I really don't like the ex original guitarist they had in the band, on a music scale, so to speak, without considering vocal or lyrical, I think they were kinda boring me. Too many of the same guitar riffs and chord progressions over used. But me like and me still owns that CD.

Damn you titan now I have to listen to Fallen again. At least I'll listen to Everclear's Sparkle and Fade to make up for it. Stupid guitars.
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Amy Lee can sing.. can write.. can perform... But I have to say I really don't like the ex original guitarist they had in the band, on a music scale, so to speak, without considering vocal or lyrical, I think they were kinda boring me. Too many of the same guitar riffs and chord progressions over used. But me like and me still owns that CD.

Damn you titan now I have to listen to Fallen again. At least I'll listen to Everclear's Sparkle and Fade to make up for it. Stupid guitars.

Aint nothing better than Amy Lee singing to you on your way home from a lae shift on a hot summer night.

Seriously, man, her voice sounds like liquid glass. She is a goddess on earth and deserves to be worshipped. Bow down bitches !
Wowie Groovie !
The really sad thing is... I've heard people say the same thing about Celien Deon... gee dee it I can't spell.

But at least Amy is worth it lol.
Titan ! Wrote:Aint nothing better than Amy Lee singing to you on your way home from a lae shift on a hot summer night.

Seriously, man, her voice sounds like liquid glass. She is a goddess on earth and deserves to be worshipped. Bow down bitches !

Ugh. I hear her come on and turn the radio station immediately. Can't stand her voice. Sounds like she's trying way too hard to oversing everything, which drives me batty.
It's just based off of a style and form of singing, not exactly the standard "rock" singing voice so to speak. A bit like how you might hear an opera, hah didn't type Opra, singer. Not saying that she is doing that style.

So you say that you can't stand her voice, that can be understandable. But are you going to state in your opinion that she can not sing?
potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Aint nothing better than Amy Lee singing to you on your way home from a lae shift on a hot summer night.

Ugh. I hear her come on and turn the radio station immediately. Can't stand her voice. Sounds like she's trying way too hard to oversing everything, which drives me batty.

I'm sad for you.
Wowie Groovie !
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:It's just based off of a style and form of singing, not exactly the standard "rock" singing voice so to speak. A bit like how you might hear an opera, hah didn't type Opra, singer. Not saying that she is doing that style.

So you say that you can't stand her voice, that can be understandable. But are you going to state in your opinion that she can not sing?

Save for the fact that I feel that she overdoes things a bit, I will agree with people when they say she's a talented singer.
Titan ! Wrote:I'm sad for you.

Well, at least one of us is! Tongue
potthole Wrote:
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:It's just based off of a style and form of singing, not exactly the standard "rock" singing voice so to speak. A bit like how you might hear an opera, hah didn't type Opra, singer. Not saying that she is doing that style.

Save for the fact that I feel that she overdoes things a bit, I will agree with people when they say she's a talented singer.

Yeah I will say that for me it's not like she overdose it, she just have a rather powerfull way of singing, without restraint. So to leave it short she does kinda overdo it in ways, but in exactly. I don't want to get attack for confusing people.

Why is it always the really cute short ones that can kill some one with their singing?
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Why is it always the really cute short ones that can kill some one with their singing?

Because they can't kill anyone by strangling them due to lack of reach
In no particular order:

1. Boston
2. The Trans Siberian Orchestra (I am sure I'll get crucified for this...)
3. Jimi Hendrix and the Experience
Soooo not true... those short ones can so sneak up on you and then.....bam... something was in your drink and you're stuck listening to them talk about a hostile work enviornment ... and oppression.... it's horrible.
drdirtybandage Wrote:In no particular order:
2. The Trans Siberian Orchestra (I am sure I'll get crucified for this...)

LOVE LOVE LOVE TSO It's not Chritmas without TSO. Though I will say I lost some serious respect for them when I found out that they have 2 different bands that tour under the TSO name during Christmas time. Kind of sad and selloutish to me.
Wowie Groovie !